Marciano

Ryan69

Registered
I've seen,Rough,Goram,Budgie,Leighton,Andersson, etc etc

Marciano is by far the best!

If we can't tie him down....He will be stepping up!

I really believe the guy is a fantastic goalkeeper.

He is also his countries goalkeeper.

Extension of contract required....

It seems his family are happy! :)

He can make alot of money at many good teams.

With Rocky in goals...you have a chance.

vasco de gama

VIP Member
Registered
At the Prime age for a goalie. Unless he’s asking crazy money then it would seem like a no brainer to sign him up for another 5 years.

jock3

VIP Member
Registered
It's a yes from me, he certainly kept us in the game first half yesterday. Celtic really don't 'like it up em!' You can see the disarray they are in, moaning at each other after nobody reacted quickly to the penalty save. If Rocky could just work on his distribution and communication with his centre-half's.

rude_boy

Hibs Radge
VIP Member
Registered
The club should be offering him the best deal we can afford as it's unlikely we'll be able to get as good a replacement for him. I'm old enough to have seen all the keeper's mentioned in the OP and while I wouldn't rate him above Goram & Leighton he's not far off, he's the first keeper since those two that has regularly won us points by pulling off exceptional saves.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Registered
Being very poor on cross balls is probably what'll keep a lot of clubs away , great shot stopper though

Plays at his absolute best when his position is under threat.

Israel boss was talking like he was gonna replace him after our previous match against him.
Then plays out his skin.

Same when he's dropped.
I'm all for keeping him, but he needs competition to stay in his toes.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
VIP Member
Registered
Marciano is by far the best
Amazed we’ve held onto him for so long if he’s that good and going to be impossible to keep him on a Hibs size wage when he’ll surely get some serious big money offers in January and beyond.

👀

Two Headed Boy

VIP Member
Registered
He is great.

Getting him tied up to a longer deal would be fantastic. There are few things more conducive to building a strong team than having a reliable keeper that defenders can trust.

Green juventine

VIP Member
Registered
He is a great shot stopper in the past he has been guilty of hesitating coming for crosses but he seems to have improved although yesterday a couple of punches were a bit dodgy. Distribution is the big one for me a lot of the time he kicks it out of play or to no one in particular.
Having said all that distribution is a part of his game he can work on and improve on same as knowing when to come for a ball and when to stay put,shot stopping is more instinctive and he’s got that sorted already so I’d be happy if he got a new contract. After all there’s a lot of things that go on off the pitch and if his family are happy living in Edinburgh then for him that’s a bonus.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
I've seen,Rough,Goram,Budgie,Leighton,Andersson, etc etc

Marciano is by far the best!

If we can't tie him down....He will be stepping up!

I really believe the guy is a fantastic goalkeeper.

He is also his countries goalkeeper.

Extension of contract required....

It seems his family are happy! :)

He can make alot of money at many good teams.

With Rocky in goals...you have a chance.
Plus he's got what for @Sir Shrink is an absolute necessity and that's a photogenic Mrs. So does Gogic incidentally, possible even more so.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
VIP Member
Registered
Played oot his skin v Scotland during the week there. If I could have got in the dressin room at halftime, I would have told the Scottish wingers to do a zealous Catholic and CROSS, CROSS, CROSS!

Last edited:

sockyboy

Registered
Very good keeper, best we've had for a long time but let's honest. If he really was better than Goram or Leighton, we couldn't afford him.

GORDONSMITH7

Admin
Registered
Personality aside, as I have said on the Bounce before, Goram is the best in 55 years watching the Hibs. I am taking the rules of the game into consideration, as many steps as you like, too many Willie Wilson steps, God knows how many now, pass back, no pass back, jump about at penalties, dinnae move, one foot, offside rules.

Cannae remember him punching the ball out much, such was his command of his box. Pushing his own players out the way to collect the ball was not uncommon. Leighton was great, however I felt he never mastered the pass back rule.

Willie Wilson, Thompson Allan were also great. One thing for sure Hibernian have not been short of splendid goalies over the years.

BIG G

Last edited:

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
Personality aside, as I have said on the Bounce before, Goram is the best in 55 years watching the Hibs. I am taking the rules of the game into consideration, as many steps as you like, too many Willie Wilson steps, God knows how many now, pass back, no pass back, jump about at penalties, dinnae move, one foot, offside rules.

Cannae remember him punching the ball out much, such was his command of his box. Pushing his own players out the way to collect the ball was not uncommon. Leighton was great, however I felt he never mastered the pass back rule.

Willie Wilson, Thompson Allan were also great. One thing for sure Hibernian have not been short of splendid goalies over the years.

BIG G
Leighton always had a problem with his kicking, almost on his trailing knee every by-kick or pass back. His excellent shot stopping made up for it. A wee aside here, my mate got married in the Minto Hotel when Goram played for Hibs. He’s in mare photies than the bride! 😂

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks