• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Maradona

The Family

Capital Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
R.I.P what a player he was.

The best ever imho.

Rest in peace

He was only 60 FFS. A troubled guy who was trying to banish demons at the time of his premature death. RIP genius.

May the Hand of God guide him.

BIG G

Last edited:
The greatest IMO - RIP

Terrible news.

One of the greatest players of all time.

RIP Diego.

Sad sad news one of the best ever.

probably did awfy well getting tae 60.... loved the marching powder... great player. From a football time where you got tackled. The "greats" of today wouldnae last 10 mins

On the same date as The Belfast Boy.
Great player was Diego.

RIP "La mano", could that guy jump outta tackles or what?

Mexico 86, what a tourney.

he was a real heartbeat of the side player

Last edited:
RIP Maestro.

The goal of the century has to be the best display of strength, speed and pure technique ever on a football pitch.

I like the above
May the hand of God guide you ✊

The man was the reason i fell in love with football as an 8yo in '86. Will always be my hero.

Life is temporary, D10S is eternal.

The reason I fell in love with football as a wee boy and the best player I have ever seen play the game.

RIP Diego.

Watched a video this evening called Maradona's 50 best bits or something, and I was like'wow'that's just unbelievable.

BBC hacked me off.Very sniffy about him and the 'Hand of God'.

BBC hacked me off.Very sniffy about him and the 'Hand of God'.
All over social media there are English football fans, some of whom weren’t even born in ‘86, still losing their shit about ‘The hand of God’. ???
RIP Diego. A true Scottish patriot????????

He was a very good player but he was also a cheat. RiP nevertheless.

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying

All over social media there are English football fans, some of whom weren’t even born in ‘86, still losing their shit about ‘The hand of God’. ???
RIP Diego. A true Scottish patriot????????
Joe Jordan taught him how to score like that. ???????????????

Every player that ever brought down someone is a cheat.
Every player that ever handled the ball to stop a goal is a cheat.
Every player that ever fell over when they weren't fouled is a cheat.
Pretty much every fitba player in the world has 'cheated' at some point.
They just weren't all as totally, fantastically and utterly brilliant at fitba as he was.
Pure Quality.

Nothing at all wrong with this one either...

Loved Diego..what a player, incredible will to win. He absolutely carried a pretty average Argentina side (by their standards) to that World Cup in 1986. Saw others write he did the same at Napoli and he did to an extent but they had some great players also like Careca and Carnevale. I think DeNapoli played in midfield as well and he was a good player. Still an unbelievable achievement tho given the power of the teams in the North of Italy.

He trolled the English tabloid gutter press for about 40 years it seemed. All very amusing.

RIP Diego.

Every player that ever brought down someone is a cheat.
Every player that ever handled the ball to stop a goal is a cheat.
Every player that ever fell over when they weren't fouled is a cheat.
Pretty much every fitba player in the world has 'cheated' at some point.
They just weren't all as totally, fantastically and utterly brilliant at fitba as he was.
Pure Quality.
You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I have acknowledged Maradona was a very good player. Several posters have stated he was the reason they fell in love with football; well I was especially lucky when I was a boy to see Gordon Smith play this game that we love and play for our team. Skill, artistry, grace, athleticism, goal-scoring ability and a wonderful sense of sportsmanship: now that is the essence of a great player, not someone who cheats in the sport's showpiece final - and then denies said cheating ever took place. Pele was a role model; Maradona could never be.

You are entitled to your opinion, as am I. I have acknowledged Maradona was a very good player. Several posters have stated he was the reason they fell in love with football; well I was especially lucky when I was a boy to see Gordon Smith play this game that we love and play for our team. Skill, artistry, grace, athleticism, goal-scoring ability and a wonderful sense of sportsmanship: now that is the essence of a great player, not someone who cheats in the sport's showpiece final - and then denies said cheating ever took place. Pele was a role model; Maradona could never be.
don't imagine people will be remembering him for being a role model.
just a barry fitba player. hope he finds peace now.

don't imagine people will be remembering him for being a role model.
just a barry fitba player. hope he finds peace now.
And with your final sentence, I concur.

He did almost win the world cup single handedly. What a p!ayer. What strength he had.
He crammed a lot into his sixty years. Crammed a lot up his beak and doon his neck tae!!!

And with your final sentence, I concur.
I just never really get it when people come on RIP threads to point out the negative.
Everyone has flaws. Especially the genius of the world. To denounce him as a cheat is poor form IMO.
But you fill yer boots.
What a player!

I just never really get it when people come on RIP threads to point out the negative.
Everyone has flaws. Especially the genius of the world. To denounce him as a cheat is poor form IMO.
But you fill yer boots.
What a player!
I may be the only person on this thread stating my opinion of Maradona that you don't like, but I am not alone in that opinion by any means. And I can separate my dislike for his cheating from my sympathy for his passing.

I may be the only person on this thread stating my opinion of Maradona that you don't like, but I am not alone in that opinion by any means. And I can separate my dislike for his cheating from my sympathy for his passing.
maybe you should keep yer opinons tae yersel on a RIP thread is my point.
I couldnae care what people think aboot him. I didnt know him.
This is a respect thread.
Maybe you should have separated your dislike for his cheating from your sympathy for his passing.
Over n out.

Oh and check oot yer role model Pele at 40 secs in :)

Last edited:
He won the WC whilst skied off the perico, if thats not a role model i dont know what is. And he ripped the pish out of Terry Butcher.

Best chant ever, Got taught it by some Argies in 06 WC.

Last edited:

With regards cheating, I've just listened to Terry Fenwick bemoaning that he tried to hack Maradona to bits in that England game but he kept coming back for more. This was the kind of treatment - cheating - that Maradona was subjected to throughout his career so I don't begrudge him giving some back.

He won the WC whilst skied off the perico, if thats not a role model i dont know what is. And he ripped the pish out of Terry Butcher.

Best chant ever, Got taught it by some Argies in 06 WC.

Brazilian brazilians, you look so sad, Maradona is greater, greater than Pele!

Back in 1990 Scotland played Argentina in a friendly at Hampden. I got a ticket for the game for the sole purpose of seeing Maradona playing, and I think most of the crowd that night had done the same. Anyway, a few days before the game he pulled out the squad and that was my chance gone of ever seeing the great man play. I remember being gutted at the time.

There was some compensation however as Scotland won the game 1-0 with a goal from Stuart McKimmie.

Last edited:
Back in 1990 Scotland played Argentina in a Friendly at Hampden. I got a ticket for the game for the sole purpose of seeing Maradona playing, and I think most of the crowd that night had done the same. Anyway, a few days before the game he pulled out the squad and that was my chance gone of ever seeing the great man play. I remember being gutted at the time.

There was some compensation however as Scotland won the game 1-0 with a goal from Stuart McKimmie.
Was at that game with my Mum and Dad - my first ever trip to Hampden! We were right behind the goals McKimmie scored into.

Like most people on here I've just had to admire Maradona's football genius from afar, on tv. The one time I saw him 'live' was when he played for Barcelona against Man Utd in a European tie at Old Trafford in about 1984. I was living in Manchester at the time. United had lost the first leg 2-0 but won the return 3-0. I'd like to say I'd seen Maradona playing but the crushing in the crowd at the Stretford End was the worst I've ever experienced and you could hardly see any of the action on the pitch. Eventually had to climb over a railing into an adjoining pen. Apparently his spell at Barca wasn't the happiest of his career.

Back in 1990 Scotland played Argentina in a Friendly at Hampden. I got a ticket for the game for the sole purpose of seeing Maradona playing, and I think most of the crowd that night had done the same. Anyway, a few days before the game he pulled out the squad and that was my chance gone of ever seeing the great man play. I remember being gutted at the time.

I was there for the same reason.

Brazilian Brazilian how bitter you look, Maradona is bigger, he is bigger than Pele.

According to my family in Buenos Aires.

Unbelievable talent.

Brazilian Brazilian how bitter you look, Maradona is bigger, he is bigger than Pele.

According to my family in Buenos Aires.

This thread has been viewed 2109 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back