Lennon Same Shite Different Club

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
So it's perfectly acceptable to make light of someone's mental health, or a disability. Calling them soapdodgers or ceptic is all good. I'm not disputing pikey is derogatory. Seems it depends on who is posting, and who finds what offensive.

The issue is anyone can find anything offensive these days. Nanny state at it's finest.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
Wasn't asked to remove it though is my point.
Why would admins ask for a post to be removed because they disagree with it? Their responsibility is to not permit things like racist / sectarian comments to be made, not to be the arbiters of good taste (thankfully...).

Pikey (/ˈpaɪkiː/; also spelled pikie, pykie) is a slang term, which is pejorative and considered by many to be a slur. It is used mainly in the UK to refer to people who are of the Traveller community, an ethnic group found in Great Britain and Ireland.

Whether you agree that pikey is an ethnic slur or not, the fact that many people do is enough reason to not permit it on the site in my opinion. It's not that big a deal, as you've already pointed out there are plenty of other pejorative terms we can use for the soapdodging manks.

Sempre verde 07

Just A Radge
Why would admins ask for a post to be removed because they disagree with it? Their responsibility is to not permit things like racist / sectarian comments to be made, not to be the arbiters of good taste (thankfully...).

Pikey (/ˈpaɪkiː/; also spelled pikie, pykie) is a slang term, which is pejorative and considered by many to be a slur. It is used mainly in the UK to refer to people who are of the Traveller community, an ethnic group found in Great Britain and Ireland.

Whether you agree that pikey is an ethnic slur or not, the fact that many people do is enough reason to not permit it on the site in my opinion. It's not that big a deal, as you've already pointed out there are plenty of other pejorative terms we can use for the soapdodging manks.
Well thanks for your opinion, mine seems irrelevant.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
Pikey as above is not racist it is pejorative and considered by SOME

So basically I can come on here laughing about crippled loonies but I cant call somebody a Pikey.
Tasteful. As SV07 says it seems to depend on who posts and who's offended

Sempre verde 07

Just A Radge

If you want to check out the bigot brothers thread you will see someone has used the term gypo.is that less offensive.

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Nanny state at it's finest.

robin williams dancing GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Pikey as above is not racist it is pejorative and considered by SOME
So basically I can come on here laughing about crippled loonies but I cant call somebody a Pikey.
Tasteful. As SV07 says it seems to depend on who posts and who's offended

Which crippled loonies are you talking about? Surely not the millions of blacks and whites with all shades in between that you loathed who marched for Blacks Live Matter .Take a knee FFS, or 2 Ibuprofen. Got this awful feeling that Ryan may have got on his hind trotters and sniffed this out. Dinae bother just dinae Ryan.

BIG G

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I think Lennon was vastly over rated with us. He left behind a much poorer squad than he inherited.
He threw his toys out the pram on a few occasions. He put a team of defenders out at Rugby park to make some point, which was never c!dad what the fuck he was on about. He made some bizarre statement after a defeat at the pbs along the lines of " I'm too good for this outfit" . He then chose to sit in the dugout for months , with barely a word or getting of his arse during games. He sent out Garry Parker to the media when the questions were getting hard, or he couldn't be arsed.
His team selections the last 6 months were like he picked them out a hat 10 mins before the game. There was no rhyme or reason or continuity to what he was doing.
The rumour mill was he fell out with many at the club, fought with players and ended up leaving and joining the smellies in the most bizarre circumstances.
It's always about him, always has been, always will.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I can't see how using the words Hun and perverts to describe other teams is acceptable, but pikey isn't ?

Because hun has fuck all to do with any of that ?‍♂️

Don't use pikey or perverts so can't comment on those.
Pervert is less racist than pikey though.

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Unread Posts