Leigh Griffiths

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
We're in cause Aberdeen are out.
Pfft, probably told them he'll only ever wear green again.

Every time this thread pops up, I think I want him back more...

I'm no keen on signing him only cos he's played very little, has baggage and have reservations if his heart is still in the game. But then I hear folk else in Scotland could get him and it doesn't sit well.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Concerned he may not be the player we remember due to lack of games. If he still has something to offer we could maybe get 3 years out of him before his legs go?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I'm no keen on signing him only cos he's played very little, has baggage and have reservations if his heart is still in the game. But then I hear folk else in Scotland could get him and it doesn't sit well.

I dont disagree, I have reservations too.
But by all accounts, or at least accounts I know of... he still trains well and while not being at his best, is still a serious threat to any teams defence up here. Tbf if you're celtic you would play Edoard ahead of him, a proper run of games might be all he needs to get flying again. Just never know.

But if he's available, for free at that, passing up the chance is madness.
We've taken plenty risks on random players over the years, if anyone is worth a punt, it's him.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
I dont disagree, I have reservations too.
But by all accounts, or at least accounts I know of... he still trains well and while not being at his best, is still a serious threat to any teams defence up here. Tbf if you're celtic you would play Edoard ahead of him, a proper run of games might be all he needs to get flying again. Just never know.

But if he's available, for free at that, passing up the chance is madness.
We've taken plenty risks on random players over the years, if anyone is worth a punt, it's him.

Fair point and put well. I guess it will all come down to who Celtic get in as manager. I have no doubts Eduard will leave Celtic this summer, he's to good for them and needs to progress. This may have some bearing where and if Griffiths goes.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Riordan’s legs were gone at 25 and he was welcomed back.

I’m not fussed. Don’t know how he would fit into a JR team and even if JR would be interested so I’ll hang fire on thinking too much about it for now.

If we’ve 2m insurance money, same or more from European competition and a lot more from a McGinn sale then I’d bin at least half the squad and start again as there’s some amount of sh1te in there.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Riordan’s legs were gone at 25 and he was welcomed back.

I’m not fussed. Don’t know how he would fit into a JR team and even if JR would be interested so I’ll hang fire on thinking too much about it for now.

If we’ve 2m insurance money, same or more from European competition and a lot more from a McGinn sale then I’d bin at least half the squad and start again as there’s some amount of sh1te in there.
Riordan showed he still had it. A successful return aside from his final season where he wasn't as good.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Signing Leigh would have its risks, there is no doubt about that. He has gone off the rails for sure and he clearly has many problems outside the game. Jack Ross doesn't strike me as being a risk taker. I think he would have to be absolutely certain he could turn the guy around, get him fully fit, and get him playing to his best again for the last few years of his career.

I'm a huge Griffiths fan and would love to see him back at Easter Road, but we really do need to be sure he is ready himself both mentally and physically to play at a high level again, and that the team will benefit. Much as Leigh is a great individual talent, ultimately it is the team that matters.

If he is willing to buckle down and also take a big wage cut, then let's go for it. He is a great striker and we could certainly do with his experience and ability in the next year or two.

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Signing Leigh would have its risks, there is no doubt about that. He has gone off the rails for sure and he clearly has many problems outside the game. Jack Ross doesn't strike me as being a risk taker. I think he would have to be absolutely certain he could turn the guy around, get him fully fit, and get him playing to his best again for the last few years of his career.

I'm a huge Griffiths fan and would love to see him back at Easter Road, but we really do need to be sure he is ready himself both mentally and physically to play at a high level again, and that the team will benefit. Much as leigh is a great individual talent, ultimately it is the team that matters.

If he is willing to buckle down and also take a big wage cut, then let's go for it. He is a great striker and we could certainly do with his experience and ability in the next year or two.
That’s a good summary.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
The most naturally talented striker I've ever seen in a Hibs shirt. If we had a chance to bring him back we have to do it. He's loved here, surely he loves the club so much he would screw the nut??

SUPPORT THE SITE!
May Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £25.00

Unread Posts