• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Leigh Griffiths - extends at Celtc for 1 year 01/07/2021

They'd pay more in the long run, I don't think it would work.

He might not want to leave though, speculative, possible though, and nobody has bid yet. Might not be as much interest as he thinks.
I seen that Cosgrove is leaving his club already, same team bid for Nisbet before I believe?
Hardly a good sign for him considering it.

Us moving players on early is a good way to lower the value I think.. if we're expecting anyone to leave, we should be replacing before they go, plan properly.
We'll be fine. I have renewed faith this year.

Cosgrove was nothing special eh, if you believe the Rags there is more interest in Nisbet from other clubs. As I said if players do want to leave then get it done soon đź‘Ť

Won't be gushing over him to the nauseating extent some do. We'll get someone better in and more hungry to score goals for Hibs.

Why have an issue with this? He's an obvious known Hibs supporter. He NEVER hides his allegiances. He's also a professional footballer. I've no issue with him loving the club that he plays for and who employ him. Before his career ends it's not unrealistic he'll end up with us. But I bet after his career ends he'll be in amongst us in the stands.
How about he drops a bit of wages and plays for a club he claims to love. Surely being wanted as first choice striker and endear himself to the supporters he claims affinity to would be better than hoping for a regular game in glasgow. Score some goals in europs for us and get legend status

How about he drops a bit of wages and plays for a club he claims to love. Surely being wanted as first choice striker and endear himself to the supporters he claims affinity to would be better than hoping for a regular game in glasgow. Score some goals in europs for us and get legend status

A bit, it would be a big big bit.
ÂŁ15k a week, I doubt we pay a third of that to anyone.
A 1 year deal to earn another million near enough. He knows this time next year we'll still be fawning over him.
I'd take it too.

A bit of wages?! The drop between what he’ll be on at Celtic and what Hibs could reasonably offer will be massive. Being a professional footballer is a job first and foremost, sadly being a legend doesn’t pay the bills.

Cosgrove was nothing special eh, if you believe the Rags there is more interest in Nisbet from other clubs. As I said if players do want to leave then get it done soon đź‘Ť

Never said he was special, but his move has still fell apart. I dont think Nisbet is either. I think he's a good wee player, but he's not all that. If the second half of his season resembled the first he'd have offers already.

We can't move him early if nobody is coming to the table.
If we offer him out, we won't get what we want, we'll look like we need him to leave.
We need to play chess if we're gonna get what we want.

Why have an issue with this? He's an obvious known Hibs supporter. He NEVER hides his allegiances. He's also a professional footballer. I've no issue with him loving the club that he plays for and who employ him. Before his career ends it's not unrealistic he'll end up with us. But I bet after his career ends he'll be in amongst us in the stands.
Wee bit different on here when it was KT and the huns

Hardly the same situation either though is it?
He left us for them, desperate to get there, allowed some outrageous comments to hit the papers.

apples and pears

Never said he was special, but his move has still fell apart. I dont think Nisbet is either. I think he's a good wee player, but he's not all that. If the second half of his season resembled the first he'd have offers already.

We can't move him early if nobody is coming to the table.
If we offer him out, we won't get what we want, we'll look like we need him to leave.
We need to play chess if we're gonna get what we want.

I never said you mentioned he was special, that was my own opinion of Cosgrove. Nisbet head went when Birmingham came in for him, before that he was doing very well for us.

apples and pears
It’s apples and fuckin oranges.

apples and pears are cockney stairs.
Cmon son. Don’t let your standards slip.

Any further.

Any further.
I thought he was just naming fruits.

I thought he was just naming fruits.
Inappropriate.
Lucky he’s not online just now or you’d be reported.
It’ll probably be brought up in about six years.

You're comparing apples with oranges.

Any further.
What rhymes wi oranges?

And before yi say it… naw it disnae.

wankers

LG never propsed to walk over broken glass to join a certain club. Also LG never caused problems in dressing room.. also LG never slaughtered Hibs in the rags! Do you see a difference 🤷‍♂️

A bit, it would be a big big bit.
ÂŁ15k a week, I doubt we pay a third of that to anyone.
A 1 year deal to earn another million near enough. He knows this time next year we'll still be fawning over him.
I'd take it too.

LG had to take a wage cut in this new deal, reports suggesting that Celtic are going to offer LG to us plus cash for Nisbet.

LG had to take a wage cut in this new deal, reports suggesting that Celtic are going to offer LG to us plus cash for Nisbet.

So a 1 year contract, just to get pumped to Hibs.
Sure he's delighted at that?
As above, he signed because he loves playing for them.

Even if Celtic paid his wage in that deal, they'd only be liable for a season.
Then what? We pay the rest for the other year or 2 of the deal.

It won't work, I very much doubt it'll even be offered, never mind happen.

So a 1 year contract, just to get pumped to Hibs.
Sure he's delighted at that?
As above, he signed because he loves playing for them.

Even if Celtic paid his wage in that deal, they'd only be liable for a season.
Then what? We pay the rest for the other year or 2 of the deal.

It won't work, I very much doubt it'll even be offered, never mind happen.

Makes sense what you are saying, just passing on what has been reported. I personally now don’t think he was offered a deal just to come to us as his new manager has already said he has the chance to extend that deal. When I first heard about LG signing for them I had my suspicions about it, especially when he dropped everything about the club on his social media and training on his own.

We will just have to wait and see.

Makes sense what you are saying, just passing on what has been reported. I personally now don’t think he was offered a deal just to come to us as his new manager has already said he has the chance to extend that deal. When I first heard about LG signing for them I had my suspicions about it, especially when he dropped everything about the club on his social media and training on his own.

We will just have to wait and see.

Dropping them from social media sounds like a bit of negotiating from Leigh.
Probably didn't have the contract on the table right up until he was free (probably be some loophole where they don't need to pay a loyalty fee, or some such if the contract officially ends)
So he drops them from social media, alerting everyone else that he's unattached and boom, next day, contract lands and Leigh signs.

You can't trust or read into anything that happens nowadays, every step is part of a much bigger game being played.

Hear he's off to Dundee.

Hear he's off to Dundee.
Ditto

He's not what we need.
The fact Dundee are the only club in for him speaks for itself imo.

Competing with Cillian Sheridan and Jase for a spot.

Did Dundee not have the highest number of teenage pregnancies in Scotland?

We can’t compete with that.

signed for Dundee

signed for Dundee
I expect he'll do well and score more goals for Dundee than a forward we signed on loan last week will for us. Ultimately I just want us to have forwards that score goals. And he does. Just won't be for us. Never mind many of us can still say he wasted his career as he bangs them in.

Can't believe we haven't moved for Leigh.

Too much baggage, hope he screws the nut in Dundee… aye I said nut.

I'm not bothered he's away there
Fact Dundee are the only club willing says plenty imo.

Cillian Sheridan will keep him out the team.

Can't believe we haven't moved for Leigh.
Knocked back Aberdeen to sign for Dundee. We weren't interested.

Cumdog and Griff

What could possibly go wrong?

Everything. I bet it will be a scream.

Reactions: Zab
Thank feck for that

Best of luck to the boy but he's a spent force I reckon. Hope he proves me wrong but I doubt it. Fair play to Dundee though, they're showing a bit ambition.

The boys still got it, would have scored for fun in our team.

Did Dundee not have the highest number of teenage pregnancies in Scotland?

We can’t compete with that.
In Europe*. They come out the womb rubbing their knees up there.

I dont think he'd play ahead of Nisbet and that's a lot of money to pay for someone who plays off the bench.

I'm not convinced that would've been a good deal.

I’m sure he would have, but we don’t need the shite that would come with him.

I dont think he'd play ahead of Nisbet and that's a lot of money to pay for someone who plays off the bench.

I'm not convinced that would've been a good deal.
I have found a lot of these type comments you make quite interesting...

"... he'd not play ahead of Hanlon so he'd have to sign knowing he's not going to play".

"...I don't think he'd play ahead of Nisbet".

Apologies if I've not exactly quoted what you've said but it's been along they lines....

I think that's long been our problem at Hibs. Too many are guaranteed a start. Nobody at a club the size and statue of Hibs should be guaranteed a start. And no player is able to play every game.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but for me you assemble the best possible squad you can with the budget you have. Nobody is guaranteed a jersey. You create healthy competition. You play well you retain the jersey. If not there's alternatives within the squad. Neither Paul Hanlon nor Kevin Nisbet are that good to be guaranteed a start. And neither will be fit for every game.

And I'm not buying it that Leigh Griffith's couldn't have partnered Kevin Nisbet. And I'm not buying it that James Scott will score more, or create more, than Leigh Griffith's would have.

A wasted opportunity for me.

I’m sure he would have, but we don’t need the shite that would come with him.
What shite?

Sparky wide on the left, Boyle on the right and Nisbet through the middle. Tell me that's not a terrifying prospect for teams facing us.

This thread has been viewed 22433 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
ÂŁ100.00
Earned
ÂŁ47.50
Back