• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Leigh Griffiths - extends at Celtc for 1 year 01/07/2021

Not sounding very good at the moment. Positive talks between Griffiths and the new manager over the phone. To meet to discuss his future when he comes out of quarantine.
If Postecoglou wants to give Leigh another chance with Celtic then fair enough.
Personally, I think they need a complete clear out but if they want to keep him then that's their prerogative.
It would certainly be Leigh's preferred option. He will want to stay at a huge club paying him a wage no other club in Scotland could even get near to.
Hibs will have other targets in mind anyway.

Last edited:
The soapies on twitter raging about it, slating Griff to death. They have short memories, just like thier brothers in bigotry

Reactions: Zab
The soapies on twitter raging about it, slating Griff to death. They have short memories, just like thier brothers in bigotry

Old Firm fans are generally the worst of the worst, and the Twitter versions are somehow worse again. No surprised they’re raging, no be that if Griffiths bangs in 20+ this season.

Yeah , the greatest fans in the world, who stone your bus if lose in a domestic cup one time in four years.
Pisses me off that hibs fans get a rep for being hard on our team at home when losing to Livingston Hamilton and the likes, where the bigot brothers seemingly just demand success.

If Postecoglou wants to give Leigh another chance with Celtic then fair enough.
Personally, I think they need a complete clear out but if they want to keep him then that's their prerogative.
It would certainly be Leigh's preferred option. He will want to stay at a huge club paying him a wage no other club in Scotland could even get near to.
Hibs will have other targets in mind anyway.
I agree re the clearout. I think Griffiths will be a bit part player if he remains and he needs games every week due to so much time out. I'm not particularly fussed about him coming back, he's come out and said he wants to remain with them. It will burst a few bubbles on here.

Lennon likes to slaughter his players through the media.. so wrong imo.. hes a an egotistical prick that always shelves blame elsewhere

Leigh Griffiths wants to play for Celtic. He doesn’t want to play for us. So large parts of our support need to stop worshipping him.

Leigh Griffiths wants to play for Celtic. He doesn’t want to play for us. So large parts of our support need to stop worshipping him.
Can’t see why there’s such a clamour for him when he hasn’t dropped even a hint that he wants to come to Hibs.
He’s made it clear he’s a Smelly now.
All about the money.

Griffiths has the chance to prove himself to a new manager and stay at Celtic, don’t blame him for trying.

I’d much rather we focussed on trying to sign younger, hungry players who are keen to develop themselves at Hibs, while doing the business on the park.

Dropped all the Celtic stuff from his social media….

Wasnt with the squad to restart pre-season either.

He’s been posting videos of him training in Celtic gear all summer, then today posted one wearing Scotland stuff…. Doesn’t seem like he’s staying at Parkhead.

200.gif

Wasnt with the squad to restart pre-season either.

Strange after it was quoted that he and the new manager had a good meeting and he was wanting to stay.

Free agent from tomorrow according to the paper

Huge boost to season ticket sales if we brought Sparky home!

Free agent from tomorrow according to the paper

Aye today must be the last day of his contract.
Strange after it was quoted that he and the new manager had a good meeting and he was wanting to stay.
Of course he wanted to stay, he wanted to keep his £15k a week.
Ange has probably spoken to all Neil Lennons staff and been told that Leigh isn't good for them.
Neil's doing a good job of trying to damage what's left of Leighs image. Seen that interview?
Arsehole at times that guy.

Leigh should come home, quite clear his future doesn't lie at Celtic while he's being hounded from fans and ex players/manager, Celtic appear to be on the lookout for a number of strikers which would push Leigh down the pecking order, Leigh is a Hibby at the end of the day always has been.

Leigh should come home, quite clear his future doesn't lie at Celtic while he's being hounded from fans and ex players/manager, Celtic appear to be on the lookout for a number of strikers which would push Leigh down the pecking order, Leigh is a Hibby at the end of the day always has been.

The fact he wouldn't hide it while at Celtic probably winds them up too, in the stands at cup games and derbies and that

Can support who you want, but best not show it when among the old firm clubs.

Allan feeding him passes that defenders fear from, he will score a barrel load of goals 🤞🏻

If true maybe the new Sellick manager offered him a pay as you play contract and a shilling a week. A bit bizarre if he does leave considering he wanted to stay and all this talk of positive chats with the new guy.

1625136769616.png

Bollocks

Least its only a days worth of speculation.
Now to move on

Danny Swanson anyone?

Least its only a days worth of speculation.
Now to move on

Aye saves it carrying on for weeks.

Lost interest .he can stay at the dark side

Wait till they try to make him part of a deal for Nisbet.

I would be funny if it wasn't probably close to the truth!

" Celtic is a club I love ". Fuck him

Can totally see this. On loan to us for the year, so they pick up his wages and we can't play him against them

He's playing the game, I get it.

He's playing the game, I get it.

Really means "I'm happy to pick up a good wage getting splinters in my arse"

Really means "I'm happy to pick up a good wage getting splinters in my arse"

Yep, pretty much. He's not going to get a gig as a pundit, coach, or manager when he hangs up his boots. Fair play, take the dosh and hopefully not spunk it all away before he's 40.

Why have an issue with this? He's an obvious known Hibs supporter. He NEVER hides his allegiances. He's also a professional footballer. I've no issue with him loving the club that he plays for and who employ him. Before his career ends it's not unrealistic he'll end up with us. But I bet after his career ends he'll be in amongst us in the stands.

Can probably put a pin in this thread until May next year when this will all start again…

I hope this deal isn’t for them offering Griffiths plus cash for Nisbet, unlucky for them Ron won’t roll over so easy to them. Does anyone else not think this is a very strange deal when he drops everything Celtic from his social media, seemingly training on his own but now a Celtic player again 🤔

I hope this deal isn’t for them offering Griffiths plus cash for Nisbet, unlucky for them Ron won’t roll over so easy to them. Does anyone else not think this is a very strange deal when he drops everything Celtic from his social media, seemingly training on his own but now a Celtic player again 🤔

I dont think this will be to get Nisbet. It would be cheaper to just pay for him outright.
15k a week, 780000 a year.
Plus bonuses and a signing on fee.
On top of cash they'll need to use to top up the deal.

We wouldn't value leigh on loan at that rough Million so they wouldn't get that big a discount on him.
And it wouldn't be leigh on a permanent in exchange. Wouldn't be a workable deal when he's free again in a year.

I dont think this will be to get Nisbet. It would be cheaper to just pay for him outright.
15k a week, 780000 a year.
Plus bonuses and a signing on fee.
On top of cash they'll need to use to top up the deal.

We wouldn't value leigh on loan at that rough Million so they wouldn't get that big a discount on him.
And it wouldn't be leigh on a permanent in exchange. Wouldn't be a workable deal when he's free again in a year.

Unless there is a clause in his contract. It wouldn’t surprise me them trying this tbh anything to try and not pay the full asking price.

If players are wanting to leave I hope this happens sooner rather than later, don’t want us scrambling about looking for replacements late on in the transfer window, get it done early Hibs and get our replacements in early too.

Unless there is a clause in his contract. It wouldn’t surprise me them trying this tbh anything to try and not pay the full asking price.

If players are wanting to leave I hope this happens sooner rather than later, don’t want us scrambling about looking for replacements late on in the transfer window, get it done early Hibs and get our replacements in early too.

They'd pay more in the long run, I don't think it would work.

He might not want to leave though, speculative, possible though, and nobody has bid yet. Might not be as much interest as he thinks.
I seen that Cosgrove is leaving his club already, same team bid for Nisbet before I believe?
Hardly a good sign for him considering it.

Us moving players on early is a good way to lower the value I think.. if we're expecting anyone to leave, we should be replacing before they go, plan properly.
We'll be fine. I have renewed faith this year.

This thread has been viewed 22303 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back