Leigh Griffiths - extends at Celtc for 1 year 01/07/2021

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

The Family

Capital Radge
They'd pay more in the long run, I don't think it would work.

He might not want to leave though, speculative, possible though, and nobody has bid yet. Might not be as much interest as he thinks.
I seen that Cosgrove is leaving his club already, same team bid for Nisbet before I believe?
Hardly a good sign for him considering it.

Us moving players on early is a good way to lower the value I think.. if we're expecting anyone to leave, we should be replacing before they go, plan properly.
We'll be fine. I have renewed faith this year.

Cosgrove was nothing special eh, if you believe the Rags there is more interest in Nisbet from other clubs. As I said if players do want to leave then get it done soon 👍

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Won't be gushing over him to the nauseating extent some do. We'll get someone better in and more hungry to score goals for Hibs.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Why have an issue with this? He's an obvious known Hibs supporter. He NEVER hides his allegiances. He's also a professional footballer. I've no issue with him loving the club that he plays for and who employ him. Before his career ends it's not unrealistic he'll end up with us. But I bet after his career ends he'll be in amongst us in the stands.
How about he drops a bit of wages and plays for a club he claims to love. Surely being wanted as first choice striker and endear himself to the supporters he claims affinity to would be better than hoping for a regular game in glasgow. Score some goals in europs for us and get legend status

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
How about he drops a bit of wages and plays for a club he claims to love. Surely being wanted as first choice striker and endear himself to the supporters he claims affinity to would be better than hoping for a regular game in glasgow. Score some goals in europs for us and get legend status

A bit, it would be a big big bit.
£15k a week, I doubt we pay a third of that to anyone.
A 1 year deal to earn another million near enough. He knows this time next year we'll still be fawning over him.
I'd take it too.

Zab

Admin

A bit of wages?! The drop between what he’ll be on at Celtic and what Hibs could reasonably offer will be massive. Being a professional footballer is a job first and foremost, sadly being a legend doesn’t pay the bills.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Cosgrove was nothing special eh, if you believe the Rags there is more interest in Nisbet from other clubs. As I said if players do want to leave then get it done soon 👍

Never said he was special, but his move has still fell apart. I dont think Nisbet is either. I think he's a good wee player, but he's not all that. If the second half of his season resembled the first he'd have offers already.

We can't move him early if nobody is coming to the table.
If we offer him out, we won't get what we want, we'll look like we need him to leave.
We need to play chess if we're gonna get what we want.

paigntonhibby

Well-Known Radge
Why have an issue with this? He's an obvious known Hibs supporter. He NEVER hides his allegiances. He's also a professional footballer. I've no issue with him loving the club that he plays for and who employ him. Before his career ends it's not unrealistic he'll end up with us. But I bet after his career ends he'll be in amongst us in the stands.
Wee bit different on here when it was KT and the huns

The Family

Capital Radge
Never said he was special, but his move has still fell apart. I dont think Nisbet is either. I think he's a good wee player, but he's not all that. If the second half of his season resembled the first he'd have offers already.

We can't move him early if nobody is coming to the table.
If we offer him out, we won't get what we want, we'll look like we need him to leave.
We need to play chess if we're gonna get what we want.

I never said you mentioned he was special, that was my own opinion of Cosgrove. Nisbet head went when Birmingham came in for him, before that he was doing very well for us.

The Family

Capital Radge
A bit, it would be a big big bit.
£15k a week, I doubt we pay a third of that to anyone.
A 1 year deal to earn another million near enough. He knows this time next year we'll still be fawning over him.
I'd take it too.

LG had to take a wage cut in this new deal, reports suggesting that Celtic are going to offer LG to us plus cash for Nisbet.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
LG had to take a wage cut in this new deal, reports suggesting that Celtic are going to offer LG to us plus cash for Nisbet.

So a 1 year contract, just to get pumped to Hibs.
Sure he's delighted at that?
As above, he signed because he loves playing for them.

Even if Celtic paid his wage in that deal, they'd only be liable for a season.
Then what? We pay the rest for the other year or 2 of the deal.

It won't work, I very much doubt it'll even be offered, never mind happen.

The Family

Capital Radge
So a 1 year contract, just to get pumped to Hibs.
Sure he's delighted at that?
As above, he signed because he loves playing for them.

Even if Celtic paid his wage in that deal, they'd only be liable for a season.
Then what? We pay the rest for the other year or 2 of the deal.

It won't work, I very much doubt it'll even be offered, never mind happen.

Makes sense what you are saying, just passing on what has been reported. I personally now don’t think he was offered a deal just to come to us as his new manager has already said he has the chance to extend that deal. When I first heard about LG signing for them I had my suspicions about it, especially when he dropped everything about the club on his social media and training on his own.

We will just have to wait and see.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here