Leeann's replacement; Thoughts ?

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Our CEO is about to depart the building after six successful years, and we are most certainly in new era territory with Ron Gordon running the show, and his guy already on the board. The restructuring of the club in 2014 was probably the most important thing we have done behind the scenes in decades. Bringing Leeann in at that time as CEO in charge of the football side of the business was central to the whole thing being the success it has been.

We will need to replace her with IMO someone who knows scottish football inside out and who has the drive and ambition to carry out Gordon's plans to the club's maximum benefit. It is an absolutely crucial appointment and we have to get it right.

Anyone have any thoughts about who could fit the bill ?

I don't know enough about this sort of thing to be in the know, or be able to come up with any realistic suggestions, but just thought it would be interesting to put it out there for discussion.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
I wonder if it might be Archie Paton:

Also, I think we could do worse than getting Rodders back on the board. He knows his way around the corridors of power and although he's generally seen to be a bit too risk averse and penny pinching, I think the board could do with a mix of folk who want to be dynamic and drive forward plus someone like Rod who can offer a bit of balance and an experienced head. As a non-exec director he wouldn't hold the power he had as chairman to prevent things being pushed forward anyway, but he could sit there and encourage a calm sooch.

The Family

Capital Radge
I wonder if it might be Archie Paton:

Also, I think we could do worse than getting Rodders back on the board. He knows his way around the corridors of power and although he's generally seen to be a bit too risk averse and penny pinching, I think the board could do with a mix of folk who want to be dynamic and drive forward plus someone like Rod who can offer a bit of balance and an experienced head. As a non-exec director he wouldn't hold the power he had as chairman to prevent things being pushed forward anyway, but he could sit there and encourage a calm sooch.

That would be a step back the way, I think it’s safe to say it won’t be his son which was going to be a major concern for me. It needs to be someone who knows the Scottish game as Ron mentioned, Who that will be I am unsure.

Admin
Strachan or Pat Nevin would be a good shout, both Hibby’s and football minded people.

I like the idea of Pat, I had a good chat with him on a flight down to Lundung one morning, he is certainly a HIbs man now but no longer a CEO type. I expect we will go for an up and coming one from another club in Scotland, maybe Alan Burrows?

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I don’t think Rod can be involved in a club whilst on the sfa

archie Paton I think has too many other interests to be full time at hibs

alan burrows won’t leave Motherwell, we’ll he might, but not for hibs. he oversaw Motherwell becoming a fan owned club

I wouldn’t rule out junior until some has been appointed

the fact that we don’t have someone to unveil makes me think that leeanns departure was sudden and unplanned and probably more to it than is being reported initially

All imho

I’m not really fussed who gets it as long as they get hibs

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I don’t think Rod can be involved in a club whilst on the sfa

archie Paton I think has too many other interests to be full time at hibs

alan burrows won’t leave Motherwell, we’ll he might, but not for hibs. he oversaw Motherwell becoming a fan owned club

I wouldn’t rule out junior until some has been appointed

the fact that we don’t have someone to unveil makes me think that leeanns departure was sudden and unplanned and probably more to it than is being reported initially

All imho

I’m not really fussed who gets it as long as they get hibs
We got Leeann from Motherwell....I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Burrows might do the same as her. A move to Hibs would certainly be a step up in his career. My understanding is he is very highly thought of.

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Hes brilliant, but hes a Motherwell fan working to make fan ownership work. There’s little in the hibs job that would appeal to him I think
The guy at Motherwell is meant to be highly

We got Leeann from Motherwell....I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Burrows might do the same as her. A move to Hibs would certainly be a step up in his career. My understanding is he is very highly thought of.

Bofahibee

Well-Known Radge
I thought the point was that Ron Jr was going to take over or was that someone at the wind up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
I thought the point was that Ron Jr was going to take over or was that someone at the wind up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having thought about it, I think this is probably unlikely because he would need to be based in Edinburgh and I don't think that is a realistic proposition for the short to medium term.

I'd guess someone with a decent record of CEO in the UK, maybe with a sports based background and/or someone with strong commercial links in the Edinburgh area.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
I like the idea of Pat, I had a good chat with him on a flight down to Lundung one morning, he is certainly a HIbs man now but no longer a CEO type. I expect we will go for an up and coming one from another club in Scotland, maybe Alan Burrows?

Dunno if he would leave his club but he’s an impressive individual and Dempo would certainly know if he is up to it.

That’s the type of thing we should be doing to other clubs. Taking the best talent on and off the pitch and making it worth their while obviously.

Sheldrake07

Just A Radge
I don't see that a CEO needs to be an ex-footballer. I want someone who knows how to make a big company successful.
I agree with this although I would add that they must have a sound understanding of what makes a football club tick and the difference between that and a normal business.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Fyfe Hyland? Scott Lindsay? Two names from not so long ago. Both disastrous.

We need to get this right.