Kyle Rittenhouse

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
If somebody entered my house with machetes I'd be wanting the council to look at my security issues.Seriously how many people have their houses raided with people with machetes apart from criminals?
That's the point....and I don't know why you're focusing on that. A knife then. Jeez.

And if someone is entering your home wanting to steal from you it's a safe fucking bet that they're criminals.

vasco de gama

Well-Known Radge
That's the point....and I don't know why you're focusing on that. A knife then. Jeez.

And if someone is entering your home wanting to steal from you it's a safe fucking bet that they're criminals.
I think he means that it is usually someone who is themselves involved in crime (drug dealers etc) that has their house entered by other criminals wielding guns, knifes, etc.

The perceived threat of crime against the average Joe worldwide far exceeds the reality. Funny how all the fucktards that think they are invincible to the real danger of catching Covid and won’t wear a mask or get vaccinated, are also mostly the kinda morons that have a dozen guns, 27 surveillance cameras, and a bunch of other nonsense to protect their house from the extremely unlikely event of a deranged meth head breaking in to kill them.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Funny how all the fucktards that think they are invincible to the real danger of catching Covid and won’t wear a mask or get vaccinated, are also mostly the kinda morons that have a dozen guns, 27 surveillance cameras, and a bunch of other nonsense to protect their house from the extremely unlikely event of a deranged meth head breaking in to kill them.

Absolutely. I have experienced this first hand.

And honestly, the conversations I've heard this very night, justifying why they buy these weapons is unsettling.

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
American citizens have guns not because they need them. That is piss and wind. Amercan citizens have guns because they want them. Everything else is noise.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
American citizens have guns not because they need them. That is piss and wind. Amercan citizens have guns because they want them. Everything else is noise.
It’s a tough shout though eh?
If every wee dafty around had a gun would I want one?
Probably.
Would I be doing time now? More than likely.

How many would be in bother for owning @Pistol
Quite a few.

emerald green

Well-Known Radge
It’s a tough shout though eh?
If every wee dafty around had a gun would I want one?
Probably.
Would I be doing time now? More than likely.

How many would be in bother for owning @Pistol
Quite a few.
had that very convo earlier tonight with a radge neighbour of mine. He was dicking about with a replica handgun which fires these caps which are like real bullets. legal, but a proper heavy bit of kit. Loud as fuck. We said exactly the same as the bold above.!

But still, the yanks who have a gun have it because they want it. Bammers in the main

Archie

Well-Known Radge
Interesting (and sober) analysis in the New York Times today. In summary it's very hard to prosecute a self defence argument. The issue appears to be that, while you can't cite self defence if you cause the situation (e.g. break into a house), this has been undermined by the introduction of other legislation, such as open carry. From our perspective, a guy gets tooled up, heads out to an area where there's trouble and kills people is a slam dunk. But nothing Rittenhouse did prior to the shooting was, in itself, illegal. So the self defence argument had traction. I know there's other stuff going on here, but the verdict isn't as bizarre as it might appear. A similar defence is being used in the Ahmaud Arbery trial. This stuff is culturally so strange for us, yet is a natural consequence of the gun culture and laws in the US.

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Interesting (and sober) analysis in the New York Times today. In summary it's very hard to prosecute a self defence argument. The issue appears to be that, while you can't cite self defence if you cause the situation (e.g. break into a house), this has been undermined by the introduction of other legislation, such as open carry. From our perspective, a guy gets tooled up, heads out to an area where there's trouble and kills people is a slam dunk. But nothing Rittenhouse did prior to the shooting was, in itself, illegal. So the self defence argument had traction. I know there's other stuff going on here, but the verdict isn't as bizarre as it might appear. A similar defence is being used in the Ahmaud Arbery trial. This stuff is culturally so strange for us, yet is a natural consequence of the gun culture and laws in the US.
I agree, but this is setting a dangerous precedent...he went there looking for trouble and found it.....then cried self defence. I think we're going to see that gambit more and more over here

Archie

Well-Known Radge
The odd thing is, I assume if Rittenhouse had been shot, the shooter could also claim self defence. It almost invites a person to shoot first.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
The odd thing is, I assume if Rittenhouse had been shot, the shooter could also claim self defence. It almost invites a person to shoot first.
Might have been a better outcome if the eejit had shot himself, claimed self defence, and sued himself for damages.
Surprised it hasn’t been done before…..
Maybe it has.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Might have been a better outcome if the eejit had shot himself, claimed self defence, and sued himself for damages.
Surprised it hasn’t been done before…..
Maybe it has.
shoot-foot.jpg

jock3

Well-Known Radge
Wtf was he doing in the street with a rifle during a protest!!
The sadder thing is the continuing decay in US society. Riots on the streets and teens with guns....

Hibees-Mad

Mad Hibees Radge
Wtf was he doing in the street with a rifle during a protest!!
The sadder thing is the continuing decay in US society. Riots on the streets and teens with guns....
Absolutely. Not even in his town, or state. He TRAVELLED with the rifle, looking for trouble.

His mum drove him ffs.

dryan

New radge
Open season for right wing lunatics to open fire on left wing protesters. American is totally fucked. A cesspit of hyper capitalism and unhinged elected representatives.

HenryLB

Donator
It would have been pretty unfair if he'd been found guilty, given he didn't break any laws - one can assume they'd have bent the rules to put a black person in prison, although I'm not so sure - but they didn't here. And I'm quite glad that one of the victims in particular is dead.

But it seems to me insane that there aren't laws forbidding what he did in the run-up to the situation. Still, their country, up to them I suppose.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here