Kevin Nisbet Contract Situation?

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £35.00

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Nisbet for me is just going through a bad spell at the moment, it happens to every striker during a season. The goals just won't come.

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago chatting to one of my Hibs heroes from yesteryear, the one and only Ally McLeod...at an HSL function in the Forthview Suite at the stadium. We were still in the Championship at the time and Jason Cummings was our main striker and top scorer. He had been going through a lean spell in front of goal and hadn't scored in about 6 games. He was getting criticism from fans and the media about this. Ally said to me that the fans should lay off Jason as a good striker doesn't suddenly become a bad striker overnight, and that every striker goes through periods of the season where he just can't score and nothing is going right for him, however they will get their scoring form back sooner or later.

I think this is what we are seeing with Kevin Nisbet just now. He does annoy me a bit. I agree with John Collins when he said that he doesn't think he works hard enough during games, and to be honest if he wants his big move to a bigger club soon, he is going to have to add this to his game

Last edited:

Green juventine

Well-Known Radge
Nisbet for me is just going through a bad spell at the moment, it happens to every striker during a season. The goals just won't come.

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago chatting to on of my Hibs heroes from yesteryear, the one and only Ally McLeod...at an HSL function in the Forthview Suite at the stadium. We were still in the Championship at the time and Jason Cummings was our main striker and top scorer. He had been going through a lean spell in front of goal and hadn't scored in about 6 games. He was getting criticism from fans and the media about this. Ally said to me that the fans should lay off Jason as a good striker doesn't suddenly become a bad striker overnight, and that every striker goes through periods of the season where he just can't score and nothing is going right for him, however they will get their scoring form back sooner or later.

I think this is what we are seeing with Kevin Nisbet just now. He does annoy me a bit. I agree with John Collins when he said that he doesn't think he works hard enough during games, and to be honest if he wants his big move to a bigger club soon, he is going to have to add this to his game
Very true we only need to look at Doidge,same situation although you might argue that Doidge puts a bit more into it.
Might have to work on his attitude as he never even acknowledged the fans when he was subbed but as I said in a previous post could be because at that moment he was too angry with himself.
Maybe in a situation like this the manager would leave him on the bench for a game or two but he’s the only fit striker we’ve got and if on form arguably the best.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
He looked better for Scotland than he has for us.
But he played with a big partner.

Hes just not a lone striker and Boyle isn't the right type of partner.
Hes a good player, but he needs the right stuff around him. We've let him down in that regard.

Green juventine

Well-Known Radge
He looked better for Scotland than he has for us.
But he played with a big partner.

Hes just not a lone striker and Boyle isn't the right type of partner.
Hes a good player, but he needs the right stuff around him. We've let him down in that regard.
You’re right he’s not a lone striker but the last 2games I do think he’s had enough service to get on the score sheet but hasn’t. Just think it’s a dry spell though,he is a good striker and still young.
As long as the rest of the team can create enough chances I’m sure as with the other night players will get goals. Like the stuck record though we still need another quality striker.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here