• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just Back and well that imploded spectacularly

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Down to earth with a bump then, after the highs of Sunday we have the lows of tonight. First off though, well done to the Hibs fans who made their way to Dingwall tonight on a cold wet night.

I watched the game on a feed on hesgoal, without commentary, so I have the benefit of replays and no great overall perception like you get from being at the game. County edged it on goals, and we edged it on red cards. Doidge's red card looked hard to argue with. Boyle's just looked petulant and daft. Two players now missing for game on Saturday at Perth - Doidge obviously wasn't a likely starter anyway, but it will be interesting to see how Jack shuffles the pack, it might mean a chance for Drey Wright who is probably the most obvious fit. I think it's more likely JR will shuffle the regular players.

One thing struck me about tonight - if you review the match before the goal, in fact let's split the match into 2 the bits before and after the goal - pre goal, I think I could probably live with the performance after Sunday. If we don't lose the first goal, we probably wouldn't lose the match and Ross County didn't really look like scoring. Not earth shattering but enough to see the game out for a point at least. However - and this is my greatest bug bear about JR - once we lose that soft goal, we never looked like coming back. It's like all confidence just drains from the team when we lose the first goal in a game. Ross County could easily have won by more if they had even a modicum of composure. The last 15 minutes of the game, we were unfocussed on the aim to save a point and I wonder if we actually prepare the players properly for how to play when we are chasing the game. That said, if we score the first goal I'm sure we would have seen out the match and nobody would be too critical of the performance. Goals change games.

Ross County chased harried and shut down all over the pitch. Pleasant to watch it was not. Effective it was. Their wage bill must be a fraction of ours. I'm not sure I would say they deserved the win, but they certainly worked hard for it.

On the night I thought our best players were Cadden and Newell. I didn't think anyone was way off it, and I even thought Nisbet contributed albeit he looks like a guy that's not enjoying his football.

So the team:

Macey makes me want to shop around for a new keeper. I think we've been spoiled with what has gone previously, and he made a great save when the game was lost, but some of his kicking is awful.

McGinn was quiet, wasn't troubled, didn't have a lot to do.

Darren well this is the kind of game that Darren is good for, solid unspectacular and cover for Porteous. I can't remember if it was him or Hanlon that didn't block the goal, well that wasn't so good.

I thought Paul also done well, not really troubled

Josh D had a quiet game, some good runs, but maybe didn't get forward enough. Maybe just not the type of game that suits him.

JDH was fine, it was a midfield battle, he held his own.

Joe Newell, I'm not his biggest fan but he was okay. Some cracking passes. Just not enough passes further up the pitch.

Martin Boyle always looked dangerous, quick and troubled County. Didn't see what he was so hacked off about to get the red, but it looked petulant and stupid.

Josh Campbell. I really don't understand why it took so long for him to get a chance. Fought well.

Cadden certainly was not his best performance, but I thought he did well, giving options in attack and he put in some good crosses. Not sure we're getting the best of him and Boyle in how we set up, I think I would tweak that.

Nisbet, not back to his best, or even normal, but worked hard and got a couple of chances he might have done better with or might have fallen differently.

Subs

Another moan - why so late with the subs? It's so reactive. Just once it would be nice for JR to make subs that put us on the front foot.

First change was Doidge for Scottie on 67. Doidge lasted 17 minutes before getting emptied for following through on one of their midfield thugs.

Allan replaced Campbell after 76 and lost possession cheaply to give Ross County a chance they could have scored from. Too little time to make his mark on the game, especially when down to 10 men.

Gullan replaced Doig with 9 to go, not enough time to impact on the game.

The boss

Did okay until we conceded a goal. I could have switched the feed off at that point. If we had taken a grip of the game for the last 20 and had a go, I think I could accept it. We didn't and we didn't.

Staggies

Their football is a hard watch, and they don't have much about them creatively. Can't believe they beat someone 5-0 this season. That's a lot of defensive mistakes to capitalize on.

The referee was his usual poor self. I seem to remember his promotion to Grade 1 was put back. I'd unpromote him, if it wasn't for the fact that the refs coming through are worse.

Again, well done to the fans that made the journey after being messed about.

Man of the Match for me was Chris Cadden

Next up is St Johnstone of Saturday. Could be more of the same from tonight. I hope we score the first goal.

Forever Hibs!

Thanks for the report.Have to disagree about Cadden and Campbell.I thought they were hopeless along with Nisbet.

Shouldnae be surprised at getting beat, thats Hibs fur yi.

A terrible result.
We have to take something at Perth on Saturday.
Don't care if it is yet another crap performance, if we can even just grind out a point it would be a start.
We absolutely cannot go on losing games.

Fair report. Match updates based on same stream and the camera work no the best I've ever seen.

Agree re the subs, that remains a strategy we do not use well but no a lot to bring on at present?

Onwards and alongwards eh, 2 steps forward, 3 steps backward.

No long back at the BnB as Dingwall shuts at 11. I thought Hibs were shite and never looked like winning. Best for me were Campbell and JDH.

Thanks for doing the Just Back B, much appreciated.

no real surprise, crashed back down to earth as we have done so many times down the years. St J will be rubbing there hands at the loss of our most dangerous player next game.

Thanks for the report.Have to disagree about Cadden and Campbell.I thought they were hopeless along with Nisbet.
Nisbet has been hopeless all season, even against Rangers in the cup he was rightly hooked, totally looks shattered and needs a few weeks off.

Cadden wasn't the worst, overall poor but if we had taken our chances.....
I had forgotten about the Covid effect, suppose if you add that to our exertions on Sunday....

It was awful, IMO. That isn’t a performance of a team wanting to challenge top 4.

Even draws are now going to be poor. We need to win games, not draw. We are 9 points behind 3rd and 4th. Two games in hand yes, but they MUST be wins. And St Johnstone away has to be a win too.

This league run is unacceptable. 5 defeats in a row, 1 win in 8. Getting to a League Cup Final is great, but it’s papered over the cracks. If Jack Ross isn’t going to have us challenging for top 4 this season, he had better WIN that cup final. A narrow loss to Celtic, no matter the performance, is unacceptable if he’s set on failing to win league games.

Seems to me that Sunday was more of a fluke Colin Calderwood pumping of rangers than showing that we've turned a corner.

Cant see where the next league win is coming from at the moment

Started well enough and should have made chances count then its a different game

Nisbet lacks any conviction with his attempts and that's who leads the line for us .

We should not be losing games like last night RC are terrible look at the state of some of the finishing after the goal .

Any recordings of the sendings off? Couldnae see it from our seats behind the goal?

Down to earth with a bump then, after the highs of Sunday we have the lows of tonight. First off though, well done to the Hibs fans who made their way to Dingwall tonight on a cold wet night.

I watched the game on a feed on hesgoal, without commentary, so I have the benefit of replays and no great overall perception like you get from being at the game. County edged it on goals, and we edged it on red cards. Doidge's red card looked hard to argue with. Boyle's just looked petulant and daft. Two players now missing for game on Saturday at Perth - Doidge obviously wasn't a likely starter anyway, but it will be interesting to see how Jack shuffles the pack, it might mean a chance for Drey Wright who is probably the most obvious fit. I think it's more likely JR will shuffle the regular players.

One thing struck me about tonight - if you review the match before the goal, in fact let's split the match into 2 the bits before and after the goal - pre goal, I think I could probably live with the performance after Sunday. If we don't lose the first goal, we probably wouldn't lose the match and Ross County didn't really look like scoring. Not earth shattering but enough to see the game out for a point at least. However - and this is my greatest bug bear about JR - once we lose that soft goal, we never looked like coming back. It's like all confidence just drains from the team when we lose the first goal in a game. Ross County could easily have won by more if they had even a modicum of composure. The last 15 minutes of the game, we were unfocussed on the aim to save a point and I wonder if we actually prepare the players properly for how to play when we are chasing the game. That said, if we score the first goal I'm sure we would have seen out the match and nobody would be too critical of the performance. Goals change games.

Ross County chased harried and shut down all over the pitch. Pleasant to watch it was not. Effective it was. Their wage bill must be a fraction of ours. I'm not sure I would say they deserved the win, but they certainly worked hard for it.

On the night I thought our best players were Cadden and Newell. I didn't think anyone was way off it, and I even thought Nisbet contributed albeit he looks like a guy that's not enjoying his football.

So the team:

Macey makes me want to shop around for a new keeper. I think we've been spoiled with what has gone previously, and he made a great save when the game was lost, but some of his kicking is awful.

McGinn was quiet, wasn't troubled, didn't have a lot to do.

Darren well this is the kind of game that Darren is good for, solid unspectacular and cover for Porteous. I can't remember if it was him or Hanlon that didn't block the goal, well that wasn't so good.

I thought Paul also done well, not really troubled

Josh D had a quiet game, some good runs, but maybe didn't get forward enough. Maybe just not the type of game that suits him.

JDH was fine, it was a midfield battle, he held his own.

Joe Newell, I'm not his biggest fan but he was okay. Some cracking passes. Just not enough passes further up the pitch.

Martin Boyle always looked dangerous, quick and troubled County. Didn't see what he was so hacked off about to get the red, but it looked petulant and stupid.

Josh Campbell. I really don't understand why it took so long for him to get a chance. Fought well.

Cadden certainly was not his best performance, but I thought he did well, giving options in attack and he put in some good crosses. Not sure we're getting the best of him and Boyle in how we set up, I think I would tweak that.

Nisbet, not back to his best, or even normal, but worked hard and got a couple of chances he might have done better with or might have fallen differently.

Subs

Another moan - why so late with the subs? It's so reactive. Just once it would be nice for JR to make subs that put us on the front foot.

First change was Doidge for Scottie on 67. Doidge lasted 17 minutes before getting emptied for following through on one of their midfield thugs.

Allan replaced Campbell after 76 and lost possession cheaply to give Ross County a chance they could have scored from. Too little time to make his mark on the game, especially when down to 10 men.

Gullan replaced Doig with 9 to go, not enough time to impact on the game.

The boss

Did okay until we conceded a goal. I could have switched the feed off at that point. If we had taken a grip of the game for the last 20 and had a go, I think I could accept it. We didn't and we didn't.

Staggies

Their football is a hard watch, and they don't have much about them creatively. Can't believe they beat someone 5-0 this season. That's a lot of defensive mistakes to capitalize on.

The referee was his usual poor self. I seem to remember his promotion to Grade 1 was put back. I'd unpromote him, if it wasn't for the fact that the refs coming through are worse.

Again, well done to the fans that made the journey after being messed about.

Man of the Match for me was Chris Cadden

Next up is St Johnstone of Saturday. Could be more of the same from tonight. I hope we score the first goal.

Forever Hibs!
Pretty much spot on as per 👏👍

Didn’t even notice it was p&g . The three of us must have a similar mindset 🤷‍♂️

Lets be honest ! Sunday apart,there has been far too many performances that have been, not just below the acceptable level,they've been shockingly bad,we're bang in trouble,not scoring and conceding poor goals puts us in a relegation fight

Any recordings of the sendings off? Couldnae see it from our seats behind the goal?

4:45 in roughly

No close up replays though

Replays show Doidge raking his boot down a player, but difficult to tell whether malicious or not. Showed Newell protesting. Then Boyle shouting at ref, must have sworn. Ref was poor but no worse than most....

Replays show Doidge raking his boot down a player, but difficult to tell whether malicious or not. Showed Newell protesting. Then Boyle shouting at ref, must have sworn. Ref was poor but no worse than most....
I don’t think it was malicious, just dangerous

I don’t think it was malicious, just dangerous
Agreed. And although he was a poor referee a red we can't really argue with. The manager focussing the blame onto the ref also pretty poor.

Fuckall tae dae with how we played but the ref booked Nisbet for high feet and ignored 2 RC players for same thing, one, Randall, was booked later on and would have walked.

Funny how highlights can be edited in such a way that it looks like a decent performance... wasn't there and didn't see the game however based on the highlights it looks like we played pretty well and created plenty of chances but just couldn't put them away - which doesn't reflect those who saw the game! The amount of headed chances Nisbet had Doidge should have been on much earlier. As P&G said though as soon as this team goes 1-0 down you're as well heading home, we just don't have the fight or mentality to turn games around. It's been that way since Jack Ross took over and is a massive issue and concern that has never been rectified.

As for the sending offs, from the crap no replay highlights I'm struggling with Doidge's a bit unless there's a continued thrust of the leg which is hard to tell otherwise he's every right to go for the ball and isn't overly high? Boyle, bit stupid maybe, but come on week in week out players like Liam Craig, Callum Macgregor etc. are in the face of the referee screaming and don't get so much as a booking. He couldn't get his card out quick enough.

Saturday's team selection will be interesting...

The 2 footed challenge from the county player no different from porteous sending off ,then hanlon nearly has his top pulled of and a foul goes the other way instead of a penalty, yes it wasn't a pretty spectacle but once again hibs lose a really soft goal and the heads hit the deck

The referee was def a homer , and the accumulation of dodgy decisions got to Boyle . Whether his sending off was justified might depend on any language used . As previously said , happens every week , players in ref’s faces .

The 2 footed challenge from the county player no different from porteous sending off ,then hanlon nearly has his top pulled of and a foul goes the other way instead of a penalty, yes it wasn't a pretty spectacle but once again hibs lose a really soft goal and the heads hit the deck

agree

Doidge isn’t a dirty player , you want to see dirty , try watching phlug during a game , now thats dirty 😡and he gets away with it on a regular basis

That's a straight red! Happened just before halftime. Awful tackle and you can guarantee if that was a Hibs player it would have been red.

That's a straight red! Happened just before halftime. Awful tackle and you can guarantee if that was a Hibs player it would have been red.
I disagree, I don’t think it’s red, neither was Porteous’s.

What is maddening is the inconsistency imho

Agreed. And although he was a poor referee a red we can't really argue with. The manager focussing the blame onto the ref also pretty poor.

Has he blamed the ref? All I’ve seen him call out is the inconsistency and that we’ll appeal if we’ve been harshly treated, but if not we can’t be that ill disciplined. Strangely he’s been more openly supportive of Doidge, whilst admitting he’s not had a close look at the challenge, than he was of Porto…

That is worse then portos… fuvkin disgrace, where’s the media outcry.. hopefully Ross mentions this in the media

It's the exact same challenge imo, just at a slower pace

I think it's more dangerous because Cadden is standing, planted legs are easier to break than one in motion.

The problem with the referees is clear has been for years, despite poor reviews in the lower leagues they somehow get fast tracked into the top league and are just simply not at it, the likes of gollum, madden etc are ok and thats it, the rest just have nothing about them.

If we appeal Boyles red card it rests on exactly what was said. The ref has two witnesses, the linesmen and Boyle has one, Hanlon. We cannot possibly win that appeal.

If we appeal Boyles red card it rests on exactly what was said. The ref has two witnesses, the linesmen and Boyle has one, Hanlon. We cannot possibly win that appeal.
The way Jack Ross spoke last night it sounded like there was agreement between Boyle and the ref on the actual words that were used but the ref took them to be directed at him personally whereas Boyle claims it was a comment about his performance.

I'm struggling to guess what that might mean but I suppose something like "what chance have we got with a homer ref" could do it.

The way Jack Ross spoke last night it sounded like there was agreement between Boyle and the ref on the actual words that were used but the ref took them to be directed at him personally whereas Boyle claims it was a comment about his performance.

I'm struggling to guess what that might mean but I suppose something like "what chance have we got with a homer ref" could do it.

Or maybe "You refereed that game like a c*nt"

I was assuming it was something that could be interpreted as accusing the ref of taking a bribe.

My argument being that Porteus' tackle shouldn't be red and therfore it follows neither that one last night.

Unless Paul and Daz put a version tgether 🤪 can you go to jail for lying on a football pitch 🤣

If Hibs appealed Portos and lost then surely that tackle will get a retrospective red card. It’s only logical

He did though 🤷‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 3012 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back