Just Back and well that imploded spectacularly

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

madhibee

Well-Known Radge
Funny how highlights can be edited in such a way that it looks like a decent performance... wasn't there and didn't see the game however based on the highlights it looks like we played pretty well and created plenty of chances but just couldn't put them away - which doesn't reflect those who saw the game! The amount of headed chances Nisbet had Doidge should have been on much earlier. As P&G said though as soon as this team goes 1-0 down you're as well heading home, we just don't have the fight or mentality to turn games around. It's been that way since Jack Ross took over and is a massive issue and concern that has never been rectified.

As for the sending offs, from the crap no replay highlights I'm struggling with Doidge's a bit unless there's a continued thrust of the leg which is hard to tell otherwise he's every right to go for the ball and isn't overly high? Boyle, bit stupid maybe, but come on week in week out players like Liam Craig, Callum Macgregor etc. are in the face of the referee screaming and don't get so much as a booking. He couldn't get his card out quick enough.

Saturday's team selection will be interesting...

Bigdoug63

New radge
The 2 footed challenge from the county player no different from porteous sending off ,then hanlon nearly has his top pulled of and a foul goes the other way instead of a penalty, yes it wasn't a pretty spectacle but once again hibs lose a really soft goal and the heads hit the deck

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
The referee was def a homer , and the accumulation of dodgy decisions got to Boyle . Whether his sending off was justified might depend on any language used . As previously said , happens every week , players in ref’s faces .

joethehibby

Well-Known Radge
Doidge isn’t a dirty player , you want to see dirty , try watching phlug during a game , now thats dirty 😡and he gets away with it on a regular basis

madhibee

Well-Known Radge
Agreed. And although he was a poor referee a red we can't really argue with. The manager focussing the blame onto the ref also pretty poor.

Has he blamed the ref? All I’ve seen him call out is the inconsistency and that we’ll appeal if we’ve been harshly treated, but if not we can’t be that ill disciplined. Strangely he’s been more openly supportive of Doidge, whilst admitting he’s not had a close look at the challenge, than he was of Porto…

bigmanandy

Legendary Radge
The problem with the referees is clear has been for years, despite poor reviews in the lower leagues they somehow get fast tracked into the top league and are just simply not at it, the likes of gollum, madden etc are ok and thats it, the rest just have nothing about them.

ILHTD

New radge
If we appeal Boyles red card it rests on exactly what was said. The ref has two witnesses, the linesmen and Boyle has one, Hanlon. We cannot possibly win that appeal.

Rocky

Well-Known Radge
If we appeal Boyles red card it rests on exactly what was said. The ref has two witnesses, the linesmen and Boyle has one, Hanlon. We cannot possibly win that appeal.
The way Jack Ross spoke last night it sounded like there was agreement between Boyle and the ref on the actual words that were used but the ref took them to be directed at him personally whereas Boyle claims it was a comment about his performance.

I'm struggling to guess what that might mean but I suppose something like "what chance have we got with a homer ref" could do it.

Doc Shrink

Retired Radge
The way Jack Ross spoke last night it sounded like there was agreement between Boyle and the ref on the actual words that were used but the ref took them to be directed at him personally whereas Boyle claims it was a comment about his performance.

I'm struggling to guess what that might mean but I suppose something like "what chance have we got with a homer ref" could do it.

Or maybe "You refereed that game like a c*nt"

moathibby

Legendary Radge
The 2 footed challenge from the county player no different from porteous sending off ,then hanlon nearly has his top pulled of and a foul goes the other way instead of a penalty, yes it wasn't a pretty spectacle but once again hibs lose a really soft goal and the heads hit the deck
My argument being that Porteus' tackle shouldn't be red and therfore it follows neither that one last night.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here