• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we stopped our losing run....

Sorry, K, but if you move him on, who do you replace him with, and at what cost? Know any 20-goal strikers knocking about for free?
Mind you, £100k from HSL this month might swing it?
I just don't think he scores enough. He needs three really good opportunities to get one goal. And I don't think JR's preferred system is two up front. I'd rather we played a system to create as much for Nisbet....

And I mean move him on to generate ££££ and I think that could happen?

You'd need to know exactly where it was going.
There's keepers out there that could have saved it, but im no sure I'd complain at his effort.

What did he score last season though? 18ish? Not seeing many other 20 goal scorers available
That was last season. He's now not doing it?

Nah. The wall was placed well and he covered his side. Cracking free-kick if you ask me. Why the wall didn't jump I'll never know.
They did jump but the ball went between heads , not really much you can do against a free kick like that . Sometimes the taker just gets it right

I watched the game and felt they were there for the taking, I didn't assume that pre match. Did you watch the match, did you not think the same?
Never seen it, i agree in hindsight we might have got more from the game. However, few if any Scottish teams have ever turned up at Celtic thinking this teams here for the taking. It was still a fairly strong team.
Given we were on the back of 3 straight defeats I totally get why JR approached the game unwilling to go hell for leather.
Think we're too hard on ourselves sometimes.

Nah. The wall was placed well and he covered his side. Cracking free-kick if you ask me. Why the wall didn't jump I'll never know.

Yep, exactly how I saw it. The wall was more at fault. The keeper had to stand where he did to cover the other side.

But a it was very good free kick, conceding it needlessly was a bigger issue.

Yep, exactly how I saw it. The wall was more at fault. The keeper had to stand where he did to cover the other side.

But a it was very good free kick, conceding it needlessly was a bigger issue.

Think McGinn was behind the pace of the game at the point he came on.

It was a ridiculous substitution.

I accept Doidge has limitations but he does do a lot of unseen work. His presence and movement creates trouble for defenders and others benefit.

He isn’t a natural finisher and frustrates constantly but he does score goals. I would like to see more competition for him to keep his place rather than replace him.

HIs threat in the air is significant albeit he doesn’t score at times he should. I think our final ball and set piece into the box is often rotten, this doesn’t help Christian either.

I am not making excuses for his shortcomings, I just think his 20 odd goals for Hibs in the last two seasons should mean he is afforded a bit more time and patience for coming good again.Like others have remarked, high scorers strikers are not plentiful, not within Hibs budget anyway.

He also does a lot of good work defending set pieces

Aye he was. Not sure why he was brought on, unless Hallberg was injured.

I accept Doidge has limitations but he does do a lot of unseen work. His presence and movement creates trouble for defenders and others benefit.

He isn’t a natural finisher and frustrates constantly but he does score goals. I would like to see more competition for him to keep his place rather than replace him.

HIs threat in the air is significant albeit he doesn’t score at times he should. I think our final ball and set piece into the box is often rotten, this doesn’t help Christian either.

I am not making excuses for his shortcomings, I just think his 20 odd goals for Hibs in the last two seasons should mean he is afforded a bit more time and patience for coming good again.Like others have remarked, high scorers strikers are not plentiful, not within Hibs budget anyway.

Unseen work.... so the Brian Kerr of strikers? In fairness effort, a lot of what Doidge is lauded for are absolute basics of any target man.

His biggest failing is clear, he’s not a clinical finisher. A number of his goals have been scrappy, now I don’t mind that as they all count and he’s scored some important goals, but the downside is he misses too many chances he simply should score.

Aye he was. Not sure why he was brought on, unless Hallberg was injured.
Hallberg had run his race, and was on a booking. McGinn was a like for like replacement.

Reactions: Zab
I have no issues with Doidge the player, he works hard, puts himself about and is a team player. I have an issue with Doidge the striker, he doesnt score enough, I would say he scores one in five of the chances given to him.

Unseen work.... so the Brian Kerr of strikers? In fairness effort, a lot of what Doidge is lauded for are absolute basics of any target man.

His biggest failing is clear, he’s not a clinical finisher. A number of his goals have been scrappy, now I don’t mind that as they all count and he’s scored some important goals, but the downside is he misses too many chances he simply should score.
Not sure about your comparison with Brian Kerr to be honest and not all strikers do the dirty work and contribute to the team than just scoring.
I agree he isnt a clinical finisher. I also think he misses what seems to be relatively easy chances.

For me, despite his failings, he still score goals and other aspects of his play don’t get the credit its due. I certainly don’t want to lose him just now, we are short enough of striking options.

He is well capable of going in a scoring run again, to do so the entire team need to get back to playing how they did earlier in the season.

I have no issues with Doidge the player, he works hard, puts himself about and is a team player. I have an issue with Doidge the striker, he doesnt score enough, I would say he scores one in five of the chances given to him.
I don’t think his ratio of goals to chances is the big issue, I think it’s the seemingly easier chances, one on ones, he misses?

I hazard a guess that if his ratio was better, he wouldn’t still be playing for Hibs?

Hallberg had run his race, and was on a booking. McGinn was a like for like replacement.
Was he? McGinn is too slow. Correctly @SlovSam called out this poor substitute IMO.

Was he? McGinn is too slow. Correctly @SlovSam called out this poor substitute IMO.

Got booked in the 55th minute.

Got booked in the 55th minute.
Who did?

Hallberg.

Hallberg.
Point is not Hallberg going off. It's the replacement that was chosen.

Point is not Hallberg going off. It's the replacement that was chosen.

Oh I thought your "was he" about the booking. My bad.

This thread has been viewed 4849 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back