Just back and we stopped our losing run....

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
I watched the game and felt they were there for the taking, I didn't assume that pre match. Did you watch the match, did you not think the same?
That was my thoughts too. They looked genuinely threatening for about 10 minutes last night.

On the other hand, we started the game with a corner every two minutes, then had enough of the ball in their half to really do some damage.

Livi will give them a tougher game.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
I watched the game and felt they were there for the taking, I didn't assume that pre match. Did you watch the match, did you not think the same?
I agree. They were definitely there for the taking and we didn't take them although for spells it looked like we might, I thought we played pretty decent football at times but with no real cutting edge and we let them off the hook at corner after corner. Hallberg just doesn't put in a decent enough corner to give us a chance but I'm not slating him I like him and he's doubtless told to take them. WTF Ross was thinking of when he took him off and put McGinn on will doubtless remain a mystery.

Drey Wright - What can I say. I think you summed his performance up beautifully. He's not Hibs standard and should be shipped out asap.

I liked the look of the new goalie but I won't get carried away on just that one showing. I have a feeling he isn't there to give Rocky competition but to replace him otherwise why bring Dabrowski back from his loan spell at Dumbarton? For someone as tall as him he should be able to catch crosses rather than punch them away.

Good goal from Nis which I believe puts him joint top of the pops with the penalty king playing for Der Hun.

Thanks for the report as always mate.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Surely a team put together at the last minute is their for the taking no? Granted they still had decent players but not used to playing together.

I just wish we’d have pressed Duffy more, he’s a bomb scare.

Not used to playing together? They all play for the same team! And as someone mentioned somewhere else, 9 of those players played a cup final for them.

They were there to be beat though, they looked poor and slow.

Bofahibee

Well-Known Radge
I get that Jack Ross likes the fact that Doidge keeps himself and defenders busy off the ball but he has missed so many chances this season that had he scored would have changed the whole trajectory of our season. If he doesn't regain a bit of composure in front of goal then do we think he's a bit of a luxury we can't afford?

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
I get that Jack Ross likes the fact that Doidge keeps himself and defenders busy off the ball but he has missed so many chances this season that had he scored would have changed the whole trajectory of our season. If he doesn't regain a bit of composure in front of goal then do we think he's a bit of a luxury we can't afford?
realistically he isn't good enough sadly , heart and soul and very hard working but i don't think he's gonna do it

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Heart and soul and hard working is what every fan would give the team. He misses so many chances which is part of the reason we are not higher up the league.

Hes also the reason we weren't further down the league last season and tbf, if he wasn't getting in front of their keeper last night we wouldn't have scored.

I will admit however, had he scored earlier... 🙄

FifeHibs

New radge
Hes also the reason we weren't further down the league last season and tbf, if he wasn't getting in front of their keeper last night we wouldn't have scored.

I will admit however, had he scored earlier... 🙄
True but how many were going wide last year until they hit a defender or bounced off someone. He doesn’t seem to have the luck this year. When he has a 1 on 1 90% chance he will hit the keeper or miss the target. I just think we can do better.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
True but how many were going wide last year until they hit a defender or bounced off someone. He doesn’t seem to have the luck this year. When he has a 1 on 1 90% chance he will hit the keeper or miss the target. I just think we can do better.

How many forwards dont get into a position to score or get chances in a game.

Hes not a world beater and he can be replaced, dont get me wrong, but he's a form player, was shown last year and I'm sure someone posted something similar about his time down south.
But when he's not scoring, as long as he's helping others score he's doing the job.

I wouldn’t be upset if we replaced him, but im not concerned about him being included either.

Saying that now... I wish we had more players id be upset at us replacing... struggling.

Green juventine

Just A Radge
Heart and soul and hard working is what every fan would give the team. He misses so many chances which is part of the reason we are not higher up the league.
Unfortunately he isn’t scoring goals which is the reason we bought him. He does run about and work hard but so does Gogic difference is Gogic is doing what we bought him for.
To me Doige isn’t a scorer of great goals he’s not composed enough he scores scrappy goals in and around the box he is unable to beat defenders and score unlike players like Griffiths Kamberi etc. He needs the ball played to him. A lot of games recently tactics have been route one punt the ball to Doidge but he isn’t really that good in the air imo. How many times have we said we could have won but we didn’t take our chances. Nisbet Doidge Gullane when the whistle blows you expect the likes of them to be on the score sheet.
We as a team are not playing to our full potential. Even the late goal we got against Celtic Doidge wasn’t getting in front of the goalie to leave it for Nisbet he was going for the ball if Nisbet wasn’t there it’s 1nil to Celtic and another 3points gone.
If we’re going to go with 2strkers in the current squad I’d play Gullane and Nisbet and not just for one game and put Doidge on the bench for a while because we are struggling to score.

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
He's not good enough for a club wanting to be top 3. I'd move him on.
Sorry, K, but if you move him on, who do you replace him with, and at what cost? Know any 20-goal strikers knocking about for free?
Mind you, £100k from HSL this month might swing it?

TinTinHFC

New radge
I know I will probably be in the minority and don't want to cast any negative vibes on the new keeper BUT does anyone think he should have done better for their goal? I know it was a great free kick etc but I thought he was slow to react? Maybe just me???

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I know I will probably be in the minority and don't want to cast any negative vibes on the new keeper BUT does anyone think he should have done better for their goal? I know it was a great free kick etc but I thought he was slow to react? Maybe just me???

You'd need to know exactly where it was going.
There's keepers out there that could have saved it, but im no sure I'd complain at his effort.

He's not good enough for a club wanting to be top 3. I'd move him on.

What did he score last season though? 18ish? Not seeing many other 20 goal scorers available

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge

Nah. The wall was placed well and he covered his side. Cracking free-kick if you ask me. Why the wall didn't jump I'll never know.

tricky

Legendary Radge
Ideally would keep Doidge and sign another forward for options / competition, not sure if finances allow.

Not easy in January hence why have no problem with 6 month deal for Jackson and see how it goes