• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we murdered them 0 - 0

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
How did that end 0 -0, we had enough chances to win 2 games, but we simply did not take the many chances we had, which is frustrating. Dinnae get me wrong, Hibs are a good team, the defence is solid, the midfield is better, the attack looks threatening, we just could not convert. It was another clean sheet, we played some lovely football and we really should have won comfortably.

I thought there were some excellent performances in green today, the back four were immense, Gogic and expecially Newell were excellent and Nissie just improves game on game. I heard some praise of Ross County, they did play well in spurts but they played to stifle Hibs and not win at home, an arsehole approach to football but a compliment towards Hibs and the threat we pose. A better referee might have had a couple more Staggies off, their double barrelled named right winger commited three or four bookable fouls, the lanky streak of pish up front should have been booked for diving then halved young Gullan. He is no where near the player Nissie is.

We will play much much worse and win handsomely.

The team

Rocky had very little to do, which tells you how the game went.

Paul McGinn looked like the Scottish international he is, first class.

Ryan Porteous looked like the Scottish international he is, first class.

Paul Hanlon looked like the Scottish international he is, first class. Very unlucky not to score and attacked well second half.

Lewis was fine, did everyhing he had to, well apart from score rather then blooter it over.

Alex Gogic commanded the midfield. Solid.

Joe Newell had yet another first class performance for Hibs. He is a good player.

Boyler drifted in and out the game, and should have scored when clean through. They did mark him tightly.

Magennis played well first half and hit the post with a 20 yarder. Tired badly second half.

Doidge didnae do enough for me, when I say that, I mean as a goalscorer, he needs to get scoring goals.

Nisbet did not stop, he was very unlucky the ball did not land right for him. Another good player.

The Subs

Stevie Mallan replaced the shattered Magennis after an hour and was involved a fair bit with some very clever passing.

Jamie Gullan got the last ten minutes, replacing Stevenson as we went to a three four three to try and win it.

The Boss

I think Jack will be frustrated, he will know he set his time out correctly, he will know we were by far the better team and played some nice football. He will also know we need to be more ruthless in front of goal. He is creating a smashing squad here though, there is a real good team playing in green here, it will come.

Ross County

I didnae think much of them, the odd bit of football broke out but they are route one and ugly, they played to stop us play.

The Referee

Not good enough, he shat out of a few decisions.

The fans

A big, noisy Hibs travelling support might have gotten us over the line today, and the coffers of Dingwall would be a lot fuller than they are at the moment, nae Benders at the Wimpy, nae pints in the Mallard, nae fish suppers in the chippy at the end of the precinct, nae bed and full Scottish breakfast. C-19 is pish.

Man of the Match, well a few candidates, Paul McGinn, most weeks, lets be honest, Porto who was a monster today, Joe Newell was class, Gogic battled well, Nissie is great to watch. But for me the Man of the Match was Paul Hanlon, a captains performance.

Next up is Killie away next Saturday, another good wee day out back in the day, with great pies and Hibs Belgian Biscuits. Shitey plastic pitch though and they have started playing, will be a tough one.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
Aye played well and on another day would have won easily but really frustrating not to get 3 points.

Chose just to watch the last half hour. Murphy will improve us as his end product - shots and assists - will be ahead of what Boyle gives us. Need him back ASAP.

We can't afford for Doidge to go on another barren spell either. Needs to up his conversion rate rapido.

Also thought Newell played really well ?? As I said on another thread, hope our attackers have their shooting boots on in 2 weeks time

Thought Mallan played very well when he came on. Had more space thanks to Gogic and Newell

How did that end 0 -0, we had enough chances to win 2 games, but we simply did not take the many chances we had, which is frustrating. Dinnae get me wrong, Hibs are a good team, the defence is solid, the midfield is better, the attack looks threatening, we just could not convert. It was another clean sheet, we played some lovely football and we really should have won comfortably.

I thought there were some excellent performances in green today, the back four were immense, Gogic and expecially Newell were excellent and Nissie just improves game on game. I heard some praise of Ross County, they did play well in spurts but they played to stifle Hibs and not win at home, an arsehole approach to football but a compliment towards Hibs and the threat we pose. A better referee might have had a couple more Staggies off, their double barrelled named right winger commited three or four bookable fouls, the lanky streak of pish up front should have been booked for diving then halved young Gullan. He is no where near the player Nissie is.

We will play much much worse and win handsomely.

The team

Rocky had very little to do, which tells you how the game went.

Paul McGinn looked like the Scottish international he is, first class.

Ryan Porteous looked like the Scottish international he is, first class.

Paul Hanlon looked like the Scottish international he is, first class. Very unlucky not to score and attacked well second half.

Alex Gogic commanded the midfield. Solid.

Joe Newell had yet another first class performance for Hibs. He is a good player.

Boyler drifted in and out the game, and should have scored when clean through. They did mark him tightly.

Magennis played well first half and hit the post with a 20 yarder. Tired badly second half.

Doidge didnae do enough for me, when I say that, I mean as a goalscorer, he needs to get scoring goals.

Nisbet did not stop, he was very unlucky the ball did not land right for him. Another good player.

The Subs

Stevie Mallan replaced the shattered Magennis after an hour and was involved a fair bit with some very clever passing.

Jamie Gullan got the last ten minutes, replacing Stevenson as we went to a three four three to try and win it.

The Boss

I think Jack will be frustrated, he will know he set his time out correctly, he will know we were by far the better team and played some nice football. He will also know we need to be more ruthless in front of goal. He is creating a smashing squad here though, there is a real good team playing in green here, it will come.

Ross County

I didnae think much of them, the odd bit of football broke out but they are route one and ugly, they played to stop us play.

The Referee

Not good enough, he shat out of a few decisions.

The fans

A big, noisy Hibs travelling support might have gotten us over the line today, and the coffers of Dingwall would be a lot fuller than they are at the moment, nae Benders at the Wimpy, nae pints in the Mallard, nae fish suppers in the chippy at the end of the precinct, nae bed and full Scottish breakfast. C-19 is pish.

Man of the Match, well a few candidates, Paul McGinn, most weeks, lets be honest, Porto who was a monster today, Joe Newell was class, Gogic battled well, Nissie is great to watch. But for me the Man of the Match was Paul Hanlon, a captains performance.

Next up is Killie away next Saturday, another good wee day out back in the day, with great pies and Hibs Belgian Biscuits. Shitey plastic pitch though and they have started playing, will be a tough one.

Hibernian Forever!
Fair comment, @1875 . I take it you didn't mean to leave out Two Cups, who I thought made several timely interventions, like the Scottish international he is.

Played okay and made a barrowload of chances. Should have won easy.

Loads of positives. Defensively we're solid as I've seen for a very long time. Nisbet on another day could've got a hat trick. Boyler should have buried his chance. Newell was excellent. Doidgey held it up well but he's there to score goals and they've dried up.

We lack imagination though. A lot of our play is stodgy as fuck. We rely on guys running with the ball, or slinging it into the penalty area, rather than passing our way through teams. It's old skool. Ye either like that kind of football or think it's backwards and boring. Maybe one day we'll have a team drilled to play one touch football, crisp short passes that open up other teams, but it's still a long way away.

Should have had 3 points though. Onwards.

That was how I saw it, we'd have won that game by at least a couple of goals on any other day. Frustrating but we often look so dangerous, in my opinion it's only a matter of time until we score a few

Played okay and made a barrowload of chances. Should have won easy.

Loads of positives. Defensively we're solid as I've seen for a very long time. Nisbet on another day could've got a hat trick. Boyler should have buried his chance. Newell was excellent. Doidgey held it up well but he's there to score goals and they've dried up.

We lack imagination though. A lot of our play is stodgy as fuck. We rely on guys running with the ball, or slinging it into the penalty area, rather than passing our way through teams. It's old skool. Ye either like that kind of football or think it's backwards and boring. Maybe one day we'll have a team drilled to play one touch football, crisp short passes that open up other teams, but it's still a long way away.

Should have had 3 points though. Onwards.
I agree with your point regarding imagination. I think this is the compromise with tightening up in midfield and at the back this season. We can also be more direct with two mobile six footers up front. That’s said we do have some very good footballers like Newell, Mallin and Magennis. I thought we played well enough today, I was disappointed in our link up play though from middle to front.

Least the sheep dropped points too.

That was how I saw it, we'd have won that game by at least a couple of goals on any other day. Frustrating but we often look so dangerous, in my opinion it's only a matter of time until we score a few
31st October PLEASE ?

Teams that want to finish in the top 3 or 4 every season grind results like this out. We don’t. It’s time we did. That was a very poor result today.

And let’ not kid ourselves, if we are that pathetic in front of goal in a fortnight, it’ll be the capitals lower league side heading to the final. Our attacking players need a boot up the arse.

Disappointing to drop two points today in a game that by all accounts we should have won easily. We really do need to win these sort of games though if we are going to seriously challenge Aberdeen for third spot. Sometimes you just get days like this, when we get no luck in front of goal, their keeper has a stormer, and our finishing is off. Doidge has certainly hit a barren spell but all strikers go through periods like that during a season.

Very frustrating, but best not to dwell too much on it.

Improving Kilmarnock away next Saturday on their astro turf. Will be a tough game as they all are, but let's hope we can get back to winning ways.

Last edited:
thought our ball retention was pretty poor today

Though we played ok,we really must start taking our chances in front of goal,need to be a lot sharper in the semi.

Why people talk about the gunts is weird, who gives a fuck about them and how they beat a fellow diddy league team. In my average day they dinnae cross my mind at any point.

Why people talk about the gunts is weird, who gives a fuck about them and how they beat a fellow diddy league team. In my average day they dinnae cross my mind at any point.

You've got "The red shite" to think about though , not sure about others on here but i give zero fucks about multi millionaire English football , maybe that's the difference ?

You've got "The red shite" to think about though , not sure about others on here but i give zero fucks about multi millionaire English football , maybe that's the difference ?

Twice a season I care? Do you not support Doncaster?

Twice a season I care? Do you not support Doncaster?
no

Rotherham, its a Yorkshire team?

Rotherham, its a Yorkshire team?
Nope i am a fan of my hometown team but regardless if we play as we did today and they as they did last night we'll struggle regardless of how often we think about them unfortunately

Fair enough, but my concern is Killie next week, no the sparrie heeds.

Fair enough, but my concern is Killie next week, no the sparrie heeds.
Granted but its a huge game for us , we have everything to lose

Granted but its a huge game for us , we have everything to lose

See I dinnae think so, the Gunts only bother me the week we play them.

See I dinnae think so, the Gunts only bother me the week we play them.
I tend to look ahead , 6 v Dundee quite possibly another 6 v Arbroath yet we struggle to score against anyone ??
I hope i'm wrong

I tend to look ahead , 6 v Dundee quite possibly another 6 v Arbroath yet we struggle to score against anyone ??
I hope i'm wrong

Me too!

They cross mine several times. I want us to beat them in 13 days time BIG TIME.

Desperately disappointing not to take three points but suppose we need to take the positives out of it. I recall a horrible defeat up there last season was it 2 or 3 nil, so think how far we have come since that. Today we did afford their very handy Gardyne a lot of space.

Looking ahead, games against the Jambos will usually be difficult, as they tend to raise their game. Key is to keep playing football and not to get sucked into their kerry on.

Last edited:
I wonder what Kyle Magennis's best position is going to be? I like the look of him from what little I've seen so far but I don't see how he would be a like-for-like swap with any of our current first choice line-up which assuming all fit and available I think would be
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Gogic Newell Murphy
Doidge Nisbet

If the sheep are so good at grinding results out, how could they not beat Dundee Utd? Because if I remember right, we did

If the sheep are so good at grinding results out, how could they not beat Dundee Utd? Because if I remember right, we did

There really isn't much between alot of the clubs in any one off game.
I think outside of the bigots its quite an exciting league.

I wonder what Kyle Magennis's best position is going to be? I like the look of him from what little I've seen so far but I don't see how he would be a like-for-like swap with any of our current first choice line-up which assuming all fit and available I think would be
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Gogic Newell Murphy
Doidge Nisbet
Id go with that, except, Mcginn Porteous Hanlon a back 3 and put Magennis in centre with Newell, Gogic just behind and Boyle Murphy on wings

Id go with that, except, Mcginn Porteous Hanlon a back 3 and put Magennis in centre with Newell, Gogic just behind and Boyle Murphy on wings
Good call, I think that might be the only way to accommodate Magennis in a central position, it seems to me a waste of his abilities to stick him out wide. It would also solve the Stevenson/Doig conundrum by leaving both of them out entirely. For all that he is a legend and a lovely guy I doubt many opponents are scared when they see Lewis with the ball in an attacking position, while Doig who offers more urgency going forward still has a bit to learn defensively.

Mind that “10 second challenge” they used to have the bairns on the pitch doing at half time? Martin Boyle should be practicing them all week in training! Guy needs to rediscover how to finish a one-on-one.

But we didn't take advantage of that result and rarely do when need be, Aberdeen will finish above us come the end of the season.

But we didn't take advantage of that result and rarely do when need be, Aberdeen will finish above us come the end of the season.
Yes they probably will, although Hibs will certainly challenge them all the way for third.

If we don't get third then it will be because they have a bit more depth to their squad than Hibs do at the moment, rather than individual results or performances similar to Saturday's where we experienced one of the rare occasions when Hibs failed to score a goal.

A top 4 finish this season and a strong challenge for third would represent very good progress in Ross's first year as manager.

Last edited:
We've definitely made good progress and will definitely finish 4th IMO. I personally don't think we'll come close to 3rd but we are only a few signings away from doing so. Perhaps if Aberdeen didn't sign all our targets we would be closer but don't wanna bring that up again haha.

Thats not my point though

Very little between Hibs and the sheep, 3rd will be the aim and is definitely doable.

Lots of football to be played yet this season (hopefully) and much to be positive about regarding Hibs.

Not that long ago we would be happy with a point in the highlands. Not saying that was the correct attitude but it was where we where.
Hearts games always difficult but the fact they beat a pretty crap Dundee team 6-2 doesn’t fill me with fear for the SC semi.

Top 4 with a serious challenge for 3rd with the Scottish Cup will do me just fine. I don't think folks are aware of how credible a candidate we are to win last season's Scottish Cup!

Top 4 with a serious challenge for 3rd with the Scottish Cup will do me just fine. I don't think folks are aware of how credible a candidate we are to win last season's Scottish Cup!
Depends what Hibs turns up. The gunts were terrible last season but still beat us twice and Celtic are not a great team at the moment but they still beat us 3-0 ?‍♂️?‍♂️

This thread has been viewed 3665 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back