Just back and we murdered them 0 - 0

jock3

Bounce Radge
Desperately disappointing not to take three points but suppose we need to take the positives out of it. I recall a horrible defeat up there last season was it 2 or 3 nil, so think how far we have come since that. Today we did afford their very handy Gardyne a lot of space.

Looking ahead, games against the Jambos will usually be difficult, as they tend to raise their game. Key is to keep playing football and not to get sucked into their kerry on.

Last edited:

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
I wonder what Kyle Magennis's best position is going to be? I like the look of him from what little I've seen so far but I don't see how he would be a like-for-like swap with any of our current first choice line-up which assuming all fit and available I think would be
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Gogic Newell Murphy
Doidge Nisbet

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
If the sheep are so good at grinding results out, how could they not beat Dundee Utd? Because if I remember right, we did

There really isn't much between alot of the clubs in any one off game.
I think outside of the bigots its quite an exciting league.

Hattie

Donator
Bounce Radge
I wonder what Kyle Magennis's best position is going to be? I like the look of him from what little I've seen so far but I don't see how he would be a like-for-like swap with any of our current first choice line-up which assuming all fit and available I think would be
Marciano
McGinn Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Gogic Newell Murphy
Doidge Nisbet
Id go with that, except, Mcginn Porteous Hanlon a back 3 and put Magennis in centre with Newell, Gogic just behind and Boyle Murphy on wings

WillieWilson

Bounce Radge
Id go with that, except, Mcginn Porteous Hanlon a back 3 and put Magennis in centre with Newell, Gogic just behind and Boyle Murphy on wings
Good call, I think that might be the only way to accommodate Magennis in a central position, it seems to me a waste of his abilities to stick him out wide. It would also solve the Stevenson/Doig conundrum by leaving both of them out entirely. For all that he is a legend and a lovely guy I doubt many opponents are scared when they see Lewis with the ball in an attacking position, while Doig who offers more urgency going forward still has a bit to learn defensively.

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Mind that “10 second challenge” they used to have the bairns on the pitch doing at half time? Martin Boyle should be practicing them all week in training! Guy needs to rediscover how to finish a one-on-one.

bigmanandy

Bounce Radge
If the sheep are so good at grinding results out, how could they not beat Dundee Utd? Because if I remember right, we did
But we didn't take advantage of that result and rarely do when need be, Aberdeen will finish above us come the end of the season.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
But we didn't take advantage of that result and rarely do when need be, Aberdeen will finish above us come the end of the season.
Yes they probably will, although Hibs will certainly challenge them all the way for third.

If we don't get third then it will be because they have a bit more depth to their squad than Hibs do at the moment, rather than individual results or performances similar to Saturday's where we experienced one of the rare occasions when Hibs failed to score a goal.

A top 4 finish this season and a strong challenge for third would represent very good progress in Ross's first year as manager.

Last edited:

hibs1875

Bounce Radge
We've definitely made good progress and will definitely finish 4th IMO. I personally don't think we'll come close to 3rd but we are only a few signings away from doing so. Perhaps if Aberdeen didn't sign all our targets we would be closer but don't wanna bring that up again haha.

AG1337

Bounce Radge
Very little between Hibs and the sheep, 3rd will be the aim and is definitely doable.

Lots of football to be played yet this season (hopefully) and much to be positive about regarding Hibs.

Not that long ago we would be happy with a point in the highlands. Not saying that was the correct attitude but it was where we where.
Hearts games always difficult but the fact they beat a pretty crap Dundee team 6-2 doesn’t fill me with fear for the SC semi.

hibs1875

Bounce Radge
Top 4 with a serious challenge for 3rd with the Scottish Cup will do me just fine. I don't think folks are aware of how credible a candidate we are to win last season's Scottish Cup!
Depends what Hibs turns up. The gunts were terrible last season but still beat us twice and Celtic are not a great team at the moment but they still beat us 3-0 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£68.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks