• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we blew that

I’d have Naismith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd half Naismith

Death.
Taxes.
And in Hibs letting you down at Hampden.

If you had been Neilson your first pre match tactic would be to target Doig and if you had been Jack Ross you would have worked out a plan to counter that.

If you had been Neilson your second tactic would be to stay in the game then bring on your two big game but unfit players in Haring and Naysmyth and give them the last 30 minutes and if you had been Jack Ross you would have expected that and have a plan to counter.

I didn't see Jack Ross anticipate any of these rather obvious ploys and it wasnt that much of a surprise that the Hearts player ran completely unchallenged in acres of space down our left to cross for the first goal.?

Didn't Jack Ross look at the weather forecast either and anticipate the heavy pitch and the demands this would make on the players. Neilson had 3 sub's on the pitch by 90 mins, 4 by 95 mins and all 5 by full time while it took Hibs until the 87th minute to bring on the second sub and we only added Mallon with 6 minutes to go in extra time.

There wasn't many options but how did Halburg not get on the pitch to counter Haring/Naysmyth.

Jack likes posing but he didn't seem able to think on his feet tonight though he was right in his post match comments about "very fine margins" but that applies to preparation and game management just as much as wonder saves , inexperienced strikers and incompetent referees.?
So how do we keep employing managers who appear to be 'tactically inept'?
Every one we've had since Methuselah was a bairn has been so......according to many on here.
Next time the gig comes up get your names on the interview list.
And your first remit is....
Not losing to hearts.
3/4 games a season.
Cant be difficult for a tactical genius.
The other 30 + games dont matter.
Relegation wouldn't matter as long as we beat 'them'.( and before you give me an earful, that has been said on here previously)
Jesus fucking christ.
How colloquial.

Every one we've had since Methuselah was a bairn has been so......according to many on here.
Not losing to hearts.
3/4 games a season.
Relegation wouldn't matter as long as we beat 'them'.( and before you give me an earful, that has been said on here previously)
Jesus fucking christ.
How colloquial.
Thought I was reading Kickback for a moment because from the bit that starts “And for your first remit...” it’s exactly what you see on their fans site on the rare occasion we beat them.
Anybody up for hiring a plane yet??

Thought I was reading Kickback for a moment because from the bit that starts “And for your first remit...” it’s exactly what you see on their fans site on the rare occasion we beat them.
Anybody up for hiring a plane yet??
Maybe that's where the ideas come from.
Some are more interested in how poorly hearts perform as opposed to how well Hibs perform.
It gets tiring reading the same stuff year after year.
Look back on this site after any defeat by hearts and it could be a copy and paste job.

If we'd won this – and we probably deserved to, there'd be no wailing and gnashing of teeth. It's crushingly disappointing to lose to them, sure. I believe we outplayed them for the most part and were physical enough (much more than in recent times) but they were lucky enough to get the win. It hurts because we have the best, most exciting team/squad since 2007 (yep, better, all-around, than even 2016) and Hertz caught a break (again). The 2021 Scottish Cup begins right after this one finishes, we're doing well in the league and we're still in the league cup – so let's suck it up and move onwards and upwards.

Sickening to see, but not unexpected. Only consolation is that they would gladly trade league positions with us today instead of winning last night

Sickening to see, but not unexpected. Only consolation is that they would gladly trade league positions with us today instead of winning last night
Would they? Not so sure

Would they? Not so sure
Agreed. I couldn't give a fuck what they want or don't

I reckon the Heart's changes is the reason we lost the goal. They changed formation and we never clocked on to it.
Bringing on Naismith and Haring was inevitable. Surely Ross planned for it? The evidence suggests not...

Did someone say they'd have Naismith? But he's a hun right?

No team can depend on converting all their penalties, but the one unacceptable thing about last night was it appeared they wanted it more.

Did someone say they'd have Naismith? But he's a hun right?

No team can depend on converting all their penalties, but the one unacceptable thing about last night was it appeared they wanted it more.
Our club captain was live on Hibs TV from the hotel the night before and spoke of it being "...just another game". The different mindsets at that *&*^ of a club and ours is remarkable. And it shows in the end results.

Would they? Not so sure
Yup. That’s the difference. They put everything, EVERYTHING, into beating Hibs. We, on the other hand, see every match against them as just another 90 minutes. Three points or whatever. To them it’s their reason to live. It’s all that matters. Any new players or staff that arrive get a course on how to wear that chip on your shoulder when it comes to Hibs. It’s brainwashed into them daily by club ‘legends’ who are there for that sole purpose. Yes, they were pissed off about their relegation, but now they’ve got a derby win to crow about, all’s well with the world. It’s a mentality thing that they’ve had for decades and we, the club, haven’t.

If you had been Neilson your first pre match tactic would be to target Doig and if you had been Jack Ross you would have worked out a plan to counter that.

If you had been Neilson your second tactic would be to stay in the game then bring on your two big game but unfit players in Haring and Naysmyth and give them the last 30 minutes and if you had been Jack Ross you would have expected that and have a plan to counter.

I didn't see Jack Ross anticipate any of these rather obvious ploys and it wasnt that much of a surprise that the Hearts player ran completely unchallenged in acres of space down our left to cross for the first goal.?

Didn't Jack Ross look at the weather forecast either and anticipate the heavy pitch and the demands this would make on the players. Neilson had 3 sub's on the pitch by 90 mins, 4 by 95 mins and all 5 by full time while it took Hibs until the 87th minute to bring on the second sub and we only added Mallon with 6 minutes to go in extra time.

There wasn't many options but how did Halburg not get on the pitch to counter Haring/Naysmyth.

Jack likes posing but he didn't seem able to think on his feet tonight though he was right in his post match comments about "very fine margins" but that applies to preparation and game management just as much as wonder saves , inexperienced strikers and incompetent referees.?
I think his plan to counter Hearts targetting Doig was to play Magennis instead of Mallan. Hearts got in behind us down our left a few times but it didnt have a massive impact on the outcome other than we didnt really threaten them going forward on that side til Jamie Murphy came on. Doig is a good footballer but understandably he's not the finished article defensively and his positioning is a bit suspect at times. Our small squad and Lewis and Murphy's injuries limited what options we did have on that side.

Totally agree with your second point tho, Hearts bringing on Naismith and Haring gave them a foothold in the game and we didnt really seem to address it sucessfully.

I've a theory that Ross is reluctantly playing 2 strikers. It wasnt his preferred formation at St Mirren or Sunderland from what I can see. The impression I get from having watched him talk about formations in a few interviews is that he'd prefer more flexibility/control in midfield. Maybe we expected a decent bid for Doidge over the Summer but it never materialisied.

I was disappointed with the amount of space we gave their midfield 30 yards out, due to us dropping too deep and no space between defence and midfield. That might make it difficult to break down but they had time to look for movement in the final 3rd and pick out passes. Always dangerous allowing passes to be made into the box, to players that are in motion (as we found out to our cost with their (non)penalty.

Bringing on Naismith and Haring was inevitable. Surely Ross planned for it? The evidence suggests not...

Why would he? According to you that's the worst Hearts side you've seen. Surely we'd have enough in that case?

Not losing to hearts.
3/4 games a season.
Jesus fucking christ.
How colloquial.
So no one is allowed to criticise the manager? You think the manager done well last night?

Why would he? According to you that's the worst Hearts side you've seen. Surely we'd have enough in that case?

We should be planning to make them adjust to us, not the other way about.
We just couldn't put the ball away. We could have and should have buried them first half.

We should have won, we weren't good enough, but we still don't 2/3rds of the job. We'll be hurting this morning, they know they let themselves and us down. Some of the reaction is over the top.

We all hate losing to them, but we need to regroup now. Not meltdown. Still got alot of work to do

So no one is allowed to criticise the manager? You think the manager done well last night?

It was the players that let us down last night, we've shown in other games that we're better. Which means he's doing his job.

It was the players that let us down last night, we've shown in other games that we're better. Which means he's doing his job.
Aye, but answer my question

Big game players make big game managers?

Lennon and Stubbs might have been deficient in some areas, but the players turned for the big games largely.

We’ve had a long list of very good tactical managers that haven’t been able to take that to the big games. Is that fair?

Would they? Not so sure
Naw, prolly no! I'm only trying to provide pastoral care to all the raging Hibees there are this morning. No working, I see.

Our club captain was live on Hibs TV from the hotel the night before and spoke of it being "...just another game". The different mindsets at that *&*^ of a club and ours is remarkable. And it shows in the end results.

In that interview my impression was that Hanlon also gave away the fact that Doig was playing instead of Stevenson as from nowhere he began talking about having helped him all this week.

Its a small point and wasn't game changing and I would need to look back but that was my gut reaction at the time.?

Its the mentality thing yet again though as Hearts are always utterly focused on winning derby's at all costs and will give no quarter and are under strict orders to take every booking going when needed.

Its a 'nasty' but also winning mentality that Hibs just don't collectively have on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
We should be planning to make them adjust to us, not the other way about.
We just couldn't put the ball away. We could have and should have buried them first half.

We should have won, we weren't good enough, but we still don't 2/3rds of the job. We'll be hurting this morning, they know they let themselves and us down. Some of the reaction is over the top.

We all hate losing to them, but we need to regroup now. Not meltdown. Still got alot of work to do

Exactly. To many going ott. We move on.

Criticise all you wish.
It wont be the last time he gets criticism.
It's the nature of the criticism I'm on about.
Same shit every time.

Big game players make big game managers?

Lennon and Stubbs might have been deficient in some areas, but the players turned for the big games largely.

We’ve had a long list of very good tactical managers that haven’t been able to take that to the big games. Is that fair?

Totally agree, tactics only get a manager so far. A successful squad needs big game players who turn up and thrive in the high pressure games. We used to have plenty of those characters - Gray, McGregor, Bartley, Fyvie, McGinn, Allan, Cummings are all players I’d put in that category. Their attitude and belief brought out the best in those around them. We lack a little bit of that nastiness or that gallus nature which can be the difference in derby matches or big games.

It's a pisser of a result in a long history of pisser results in this fixture.

It doesn't have to be season defining though. We're two points behind Celtic. They're in the Championship. Fuck em.

Last edited:

No beating us is all important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you just being deliberately stupid? It's a semi final. It's a derby. You still need to plan regardless to how unimpressive your opponents are.

Are you just being deliberately stupid? It's a semi final. It's a derby. You still need to plan regardless to how unimpressive your opponents are.

I'd ask you the same question but your posts answer for themselves.

Your right it was a semi it was a Derby. We created the better chances, Gordon made a worldie save. We missed a penalty they scored there's to make it more than that is ridiculous. All this "They wanted it more than us" is just pish.

Your right it was a semi it was a Derby. We created the better chances, Gordon made a worldie save. We missed a penalty they scored there's to make it more than that is ridiculous. All this "They wanted it more than us" is just pish.

Fuck me after just about every derby I've been to since my first in 1983 I've heard and read such comments. "We were the better side", "The referee is a cheat", "If not for their goalkeeper...". So it's more than that. It's mentality. Alex Miller used to say "It's only two points like any other game". And now our club captain describes it as "...just like any other game".

Criticise all you wish.
It wont be the last time he gets criticism.
It's the nature of the criticism I'm on about.
Same shit every time.
I'm not criticising anyone. Answer the question

Yup. That’s the difference. They put everything, EVERYTHING, into beating Hibs. We, on the other hand, see every match against them as just another 90 minutes. Three points or whatever. To them it’s their reason to live. It’s all that matters. Any new players or staff that arrive get a course on how to wear that chip on your shoulder when it comes to Hibs. It’s brainwashed into them daily by club ‘legends’ who are there for that sole purpose. Yes, they were pissed off about their relegation, but now they’ve got a derby win to crow about, all’s well with the world. It’s a mentality thing that they’ve had for decades and we, the club, haven’t.
I’d argue I prefer it the way we do it. I’d rather not measure my clubs success on how my rivals are doing. Think hibs as a club do better when they don’t concern themselves about them. Well have a better league campaign this season because they’re not in our league.

I'm not criticising anyone. Answer the question
Which one?
About not criticising the manager , or do I think he 'done' well last night?

They have wanted it more since the fixture came out, since our interviews on Friday, our Captain drilling into our players it was only another game instead of it’s the most important game that we cannot lose. The confidence was already shattered by both his and Jack Ross’s comments. They brought on Harring, Naismith and immediately we are on the back foot, they got their foot more on the play and started to dictate the way game was going to be played and we done fuck all to combat it, same old shite fae the players with their half hearted challenges, Probably the most shittest Hertz team I have seen in a while and we couldn’t finish them off, gutless wankers the lot of them.

Lots on here about the manager and tactics.
Nothing to do with that in my opinion.

if Hibs had took their chances we would have one easy. Poor final ball, poor touches in goal scoring opportunities and poor decision making in the final third.

let’s be honest, we have missed easy chances all season but mostly got away with it.

Yes luck came into it but you make your own luck. The players only have themselves to blame.

What a massive, familiar let down. Only tiny sliver of positivity is that you don’t get a medal for winning a semi. I hope they get absolutely pumped in the final.

I also don’t buy into this “wanting it more” theory either. Hibs were desperate to win that game and gave 100%.

really surprised you could be bothered writing a report Mark. It felt like the 80's again. I have fought my way through life dor anything I have, taking on every knock and getting back on my feet again again...sadly it doesn't feel like our team did much fighting yesterday and for first time I felt they did t represent what I stand for

Which one?
About not criticising the manager , or do I think he 'done' well last night?
Both

I dinnae think Hearts wanted it more,they didnae win all the tackles,headers or 2nd balls.
The only difference for me was they were better at taking a penalty.

Attachments

• C26EF06B-C7F1-4BD9-B1F6-4F5BD7600CF6.png
    C26EF06B-C7F1-4BD9-B1F6-4F5BD7600CF6.png
    472.8 KB · Views: 20
I’d argue I prefer it the way we do it. I’d rather not measure my clubs success on how my rivals are doing. Think hibs as a club do better when they don’t concern themselves about them. Well have a better league campaign this season because they’re not in our league.
I’m not saying they’re right and we’re not, I’m only pointing out the different mindsets in this fixture. Our team try to play it down, keep a lid on the emotional side of it. The gunts, on the other hand, are pumped up for it because their collective mindset demands it. Remember they have a superiority complex to maintain. Look how their fanbase reacted to us winning the cup in 2016. They were furious because they had the chance to stop us and didn’t and they’ve been beating themselves up over it since. Neilson got the finger of blame pointed at him and he was finished. When they reappointed him this time around there was a fair amount of fan opposition from the usual gobshites who still haven’t forgiven or forgotten him.

This thread has been viewed 9466 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back