• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we blew that

But you said 'the' question.
It is ok to criticise a manager.....though you didnt.

But you said 'the' question.
It is ok to criticise a manager.....though you didnt.
Is no one allowed to criticise the manager and do you think the manager done well last night?

I dinnae think Hearts wanted it more,they didnae win all the tackles,headers or 2nd balls.
The only difference for me was they were better at taking a penalty.
Yup

Was beginning to suspect I watched a different game from some people on here. I certainly seen a different one.

That whingy little rat Naismith coming on squeaking in the referees ear and going down like a sack of tatties whenever anyone goes near him.
Some would call it cheating others would say its him using experience call it what you want but he’s street wise. Soon as I saw him coming on I thought to myself ,directly or indirectly he’s gonna be a nuisance and cause us problems.

Some would call it cheating others would say its him using experience call it what you want but he’s street wise. Soon as I saw him coming on I thought to myself ,directly or indirectly he’s gonna be a nuisance and cause us problems.

Someone should have done that wee horrible scum bastard good and proper, he is a moaning wee prick.

Someone should have done that wee horrible scum bastard good and proper, he is a moaning wee prick.
10/10 that’s a good character evaluation ???

Probably unwise as I’m still fecking fuming and can’t believe some of the pish I’m reading on here, but here I go anyway.
Lots of issues to cover.
1. Should Nisbet have played.
you bet your fucking life he should have. He’s our best player. I’ve no doubt he declared himself available for selection if the story about his bereavement is true. No way Hibs forced his hand. And if the manager had chosen not to play him he would be getting hung out to dry if the result had been the same.
McLeish still gets pelters From me for not playing latapy against Celtic. Always pick your best team in these games. Always.

2. the only one I’m confused about. Why was Magennis on the field. I’ve not seen anything that suggested he was the best choice for this game. The rest of the team more or less picks itself given who was fit. This was the only major decision in my mind and I’m baffled by why we chose him.
3. Hearts are up for it more. I don’t buy that. Hibs players management and staff are fully aware how important that game was. Some have criticized the way Hanlon spoke about it on the pre game. I disagree. As a professional all he was saying is that he doesn’t change his routine. And that is spot on. Him and Porteous have been outstanding all season. Why would they change for the spams?.
My only concern was that they both, Hanlon and Ross seemed very confident on that pre show. Normally I think it’s good that there is a high level of confidence, but it doesn’t sit well with me because like all of you, I’ve seen this story play out too many times. Maybe they should have just stayed off the pre match show and kept their confidence to themselves.
4. We should have won that game. We had better chances. Aye their goalie had a couple of good saves but Nisbet should have scored 2, Magennis 1, Boyle at least 1 and Along with Doidge’s goal that would have been more than enough.
5. There should have only been 1 penalty awarded in that game. The one that wasn’t.
6. Jack Ross’s attire - who gives a fuck.
7. I hate those gorgie wankpots. Atlanta YLT are on the vino. Taking a break from here for a few days til all the bammers stop spraffing shite.
8. GGTTH

I know on good authority Marciano was dropped for personal reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 fouls. That’s disgraceful and would get football stopped.

Lots on here about the manager and tactics.
Nothing to do with that in my opinion.

if Hibs had took their chances we would have one easy. Poor final ball, poor touches in goal scoring opportunities and poor decision making in the final third.

let’s be honest, we have missed easy chances all season but mostly got away with it.

Yes luck came into it but you make your own luck. The players only have themselves to blame.

What a massive, familiar let down. Only tiny sliver of positivity is that you don’t get a medal for winning a semi. I hope they get absolutely pumped in the final.

I also don’t buy into this “wanting it more” theory either. Hibs were desperate to win that game and gave 100%.

You dont get a medal for winning a semi...no..but they will in the next game. We never made it that far

You dont get a medal for winning a semi...no..but they will in the next game. We never made it that far
The sun shines on a dug’s arse sometimes.

If they win the final, maybe they're a better team than first thought.
I dont think they've a snowball's, but stranger things .....

Is no one allowed to criticise the manager and do you think the manager done well last night?
I answered the first one previously.
The second one....he did what he thought was right. He picked a side he thought was good enough to win.
Jack Ross is not allowed to miss chances, take penalties, make dodgy refereeing decisions.
Now , do I get some peace, or would you like me to do the sackcloth and ashes routine while playing Hearts(sic) and Flowers on an instrument of your choosing?

I answered the first one previously.
The second one....he did what he thought was right. He picked a side he thought was good enough to win.
Jack Ross is not allowed to miss chances, take penalties, make dodgy refereeing decisions.
Now , do I get some peace, or would you like me to do the sackcloth and ashes routine while playing Hearts(sic) and Flowers on an instrument of your choosing?
Don't be ridiculous. 3 hail Mary's while beating yourself with a knotted leather strap will suffice

Most has been said already about Saturday. As Columbo would say there's just one other thing. Or two.

1. We have a team of quiet boys who quietly go about their business on the park. Most of them come across as semi-mute. There are no leaders shouting cajoling bollocking, driving us forward, getting in the face of both opposition and officials.

2. There is almost no competition for places each week. We know that Marciano, the entire back 4, Gogic and Newell in midfield, Boyle, Nesbit and Doidge up front, all get shoed in for every game. 10 shoe-ins.

Mallan, Magennis, Murphy, Hallberg, Wright are all competing for the other midfield position vacated by Scotty. With LS injured the left back position is a shoe in for Doig who has potential but when the going gets tough he gets hooked. Still a young lad.

If we get beat by Aberdeen on Friday it'll be at least 9 of the same players who'll be shoed in v Celtic irrespective how indifferent they play.

We'll struggle when 2 or 3 of our shoe-ins are unfit as their replacements will significantly weaken the team. Imagine Hanlon and Porteous both out? Or Gogic? Or Nisbet? Our squad is threadbare in terms of competition. Crazy situation to be in.

Both of these suggest the season ahead will not be glory filled. Aberdeen and their strong competitive squad will soon put daylight between us and them. If confidence is affected among the first picks by an inevitable bad run, well, your guess is as good as mine how we dig ourselves out of that one.

Its not that Jack Ross is a poor manager, he's not, he's steadied the ship and made us competitive against the bottom 8 teams. Its whether the owner and the board has any desire to take us to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think out squad is very threadbare.It is quite ridiculous that we are so short of players.We have no forwards that are of the required standard if Nesbit or Doidge are out.We are one of the biggest clubs in the country and I just wish our board would show it.The fans deserve better.

Don't be ridiculous. 3 hail Mary's while beating yourself with a knotted leather strap will suffice
Dont know the Hail Mary , but the self abuse sound interesting!
In view of my location , can I substitute the knotted leather strap for a Haddock?

Most has been said already about Saturday. As Columbo would say there's just one other thing. Or two.

1. We have a team of quiet boys who quietly go about their business on the park. Most of them come across as semi-mute. There are no leaders shouting cajoling bollocking, driving us forward, getting in the face of both opposition and officials.

2. There is almost no competition for places each week. We know that Marciano, the entire back 4, Gogic and Newell in midfield, Boyle, Nesbit and Doidge up front, all get shoed in for every game. 10 shoe-ins.

Mallan, Magennis, Murphy, Hallberg, Wright are all competing for the other midfield position vacated by Scotty. With LS injured the left back position is a shoe in for Doig who has potential but when the going gets tough he gets hooked. Still a young lad.

If we get beat by Aberdeen on Friday it'll be at least 9 of the same players who'll be shoed in v Celtic irrespective how indifferent they play.

We'll struggle when 2 or 3 of our shoe-ins are unfit as their replacements will significantly weaken the team. Imagine Hanlon and Porteous both out? Or Gogic? Or Nisbet? Our squad is threadbare in terms of competition. Crazy situation to be in.

Both of these suggest the season ahead will not be glory filled. Aberdeen and their strong competitive squad will soon put daylight between us and them. If confidence is affected among the first picks by an inevitable bad run, well, your guess is as good as mine how we dig ourselves out of that one.

Its not that Jack Ross is a poor manager, he's not, he's steadied the ship and made us competitive against the bottom 8 teams. Its whether the owner and the board has any desire to take us to the next level.

Excellent assessment particularly point 1. Does anyone think that our dressing room was boisterous at half time? Were we in each others faces noising each other up? I highly doubt it. I'd not be surprised if the other dressing room at half time had Locke and Jefferies in it FFS. Sorry but as a club it means and matters as much to them as it does their support. Our club just isn't as bothered as us the support. It could have been Ayr United on Saturday. Just another game. Just a lost semifinal. That it was THEM has no relevance.

Our squad isn't big enough because we didn't have the money to bring in any more players during the summer window.

We actually did extremely well to bring in both the amount and quality of the players we did get in. I think we will have tried to move more players on to create some more space, but that isn't always possible.

Income 50% down this season. We had to ask all our first team players and coaching staff to take a wage reduction. We are basically surviving on season ticket money and TV contract revenues. Hopefully we can wheel and deal in January again, but we will not be increasing the size of our squad because we can't afford to.

Despite all of the above we are currently sitting third in the league and have had our best start in years. Ross has definitely improved our squad from a year ago as evidenced by our results and our current league position, and that is all he can realistically be expected to do.

Dont know the Hail Mary , but the self abuse sound interesting!
In view of my location , can I substitute the knotted leather strap for a Haddock?
Aye, as long as

Could counter that comment by arguing its good to have a consistent team who are all comfortable playing alongside each other. I don't totally disagree with you and can see your point, just offering a different view.
With regards to Josh Doig, I'd be tempted to give Mackie a run in the team. He's developing into a big laddie who won't be bullied or pushed about easily.

You dont get a medal for winning a semi...no..but they will in the next game. We never made it that far.
Very true Davy
They can keep their runners up gong ??

This thread has been viewed 9488 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50