Just back and we are back to winning ways

Admin
Legend
VIP Member
Registered
That was a funny one, Dundee are a decent enough team and when they equalised I though we looked slow, sloppy and beatable, I also thought Jack had made a boob with his lack of subbies again. Lucky Jack is paid well by Hibs to sort things, not me and his subtle tweaks saw us come out handsome winners (but then I would I have brought myself on just to blootered that skidmark Adam, which isnae really managerial material . A word for Stevie Mallan, to many Hibs fans pick on the guy and his eyebrows, his goal was a peach and when he plays we are better on the eyebrow. Ok the laddie isnae a hard man, more manicured than mental, but I tell you what he is a good football player.

James McPake is on the radio as a type, a gentleman and I wish him well. His team are good going forward but leak goals and need to stop that, but then we know their ex jambo goalie is useless. Premier TV on the hooky feed was useless today, its still freezing and buffering as I write, I prefer listening to Yogi on the radio and his shree goals description. I wish we could get him back at Hibs in some way, I never felt he was a Hibby but he clearly is.

Players for Hibs today were Paul McGinn, Daz, the excellent Newell and Mallan, and Murphy for 10 minutes. Worst for me was Wright, who is cockney rhyming slang if ever I saw it, we have signed a duffer there, hopeless is flattering and I felt sorry for Josh Doig who appears to have lost his confidence, but he is a laddie, that will come back and he will be better for it.

So, the team....

Barnes, actually had little to do.

Paul McGinn, rarely puts a foot wrong, he has become a Lewis, who would have thunk that we would find a gem like Paul to replace Sir David Gray, the man who won the cup, on that day, in 2016, ensuring he would never have to buy a drink when in town ever again?

Nice to see Daz back, he played well although I think his tiredness let Dundee back in it a bit.

Paul was quiet today, that is fine.

Josh was at fault for the goal, but he is a good laddie and will learn from it.

Joe Newell, a smashing player, and like Paul McGinn, simply a player who starts every week and does not let us down. I love his fitba, and 18 months later I regret doubting him.

Stevie Mallan, well I have always been a fan, and today he showed the doubters why he plays for Hibs, what a goal and he offers a lot from dead balls. We play better when Stevie plays, although the sunbeds and plucking are suspect!

Jamie Murphy is an enigma, 10 minutes of excellence, 70 minutes of no very much. Can we afford this? Well I suspect he will be much better when fit, at least he looks like a good player.

Drey Wright is shite, he, unlike a Murphy, simply does not look like a good player, he is not good enough. He offered nothing and whilst Hibs are a decent enough team at the moment, but we cannae afford passengers. Prove me wrong pal.

Martin Boyle was much better today I felt, signs of the Squirrel we love, good balls in for goals, but there is something lacking, no sure what?

Nissie scored a fine Nissie goal, that is his job. A future star, of which I have no doubt. Still reminds me of Keef, Keef, Keef.

The Subs, they changed the game.....

Sean Mackie brought a strength Josh Doig did not, well done son, you look like a brick shithouse with curtains.

Jamie Gullan scored an excellent goal and done more in his 17 minutes than the flap Wright has given us all season.

Melker replaced Murph with 10 to go and scored a fine goal.

McGinn senior replaced the excellent Mallan with a few minutes to go.

Young Bradley came on for Boyler with a minute or two to go and done just fine.

The Boss

He is happy with the next draw v Dundee (we did win 4-1), he is also happy after we lost the last few games and he feels we brought confidence back by winning, especially when we went ahead and he said Celtc are a bunch of fannies, especially Neil Lennon and their board, who are a bunch of tory *&*^. He did, honest.

Dundee

I like James McPake, he is a trier, I like the fact the Dees are challenging the puddledrinkers. I think Charlie Adam is a decent guy for coming home to play for his team, we would all do that. The snarling, fouling ex Huns bastard has done well. Good luck and see you in the next round, bring the same team along ffs.

The ref, was fine, for a cheating Hun bastard. Lodge shut brother?

Man of the match is a battle between Stevie Eyebrow and Joe Headband for me. Today it goes to Joe again, he is just a smashing fitba player. Stevie, you played well too son, nae shame in the joined up bit about the middle mate. Joe, the alice band nearly had you picking up the Sponsors second prize of a bottle of Head and Shoulders Anti Dandruff.

Next Up is the perennially offended, the grey and greens, the rhebels without a pause, the cousin you fuckin dinnae like, the team who might let the dirty Huns win a league when they really shouldnae. Bring it on.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:

OrkneyHibiscus

VIP Member
Registered
Mallan can have all the tweezers he wants if he scores more like that! Hopefully we'll see him start a few more now.

Wheat Hound

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
VIP Member
Registered
Mallan is clearly a confidence player. Mind when he first signed he was shooting from everywhere and scoring most weeks. Then his form tailed a bit and folk started focusing on the parts of his game where he is least able.

We need to play to his strengths, get him up the top end of the park and encourage him to shoot on sight. We have a gifted player there; let's utilise him properly.

Robert Barone

VIP Member
Registered
Overall an entertaining game. I thought it was going to be another tale of missed chances until we blitzkreiged them with the quick three goals. Some lovely build up to those with young Gullan making the kind of back to front post run I love to see but seldom do when we play Doidge thru the middle. Id like to see Gullan involved more off the left but I suppose that's difficult with Murphy playing off that side..I think he looks like he deserves more game time tho'.

I think Doig needs a spell out of the first team personally. He makes the right runs, is athletic and has undoubted potential but defensively he is making quite a few positional mistakes that could be ironed out on the training ground rather than in the first team on game days. Going forward he gets himself into really good positions but Ive yet to see him make a telling contribution in the final third. A wee spell out to work on a couple of things and he could return a more confident player for us.

Other things to note - how Jack Hamilton is making a living from the game as a professional goalkeeper completely baffles me. He is the worst keeper I have seen at any level. Literally, nearly everything on target goes in. While he remains in goal for Dundee they'll always concede two or three cheap goals. He reminds me of Gotskallson..you used to involantarily shudder every time the opposition had a shot regardless of distance or power.

We still need to put teams away when we are on top..we were doing it earlier in the season, we let Dundee back into the game today. To be fair the players then stepped it up again in spectacular fashion but the game should have been done and dusted by then anyway.

I expect we'll struggle against Celtic...dont see us having enough in midfield to get anything from the game unfortunately.

Greenmachine

VIP Member
Registered
Good to win today and get a few goals into the bargain, especially with several players out. We just had to win come what may and get seeded in the next round....Dundee at home is a decent enough draw.

Celtic game will be very difficult, but at least we will have our missing players back.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
VIP Member
Registered
Glad to see Boyle doing better. 2 assists to his name which could have easily been 4 if Nisbet put the headers away.

SuperTortolano

VIP Member
Registered
That was a funny one, Dundee are a decent enough team and when they equalised I though we looked slow, sloppy and beatable, I also thought Jack had made a boob with his lack of subbies again. Lucky Jack is paid well by Hibs to sort things, not me and his subtle tweaks saw us come out handsome winners (but then I would I have brought myself on just to blootered that skidmark Adam, which isnae really managerial material . A word for Stevie Mallan, to many Hibs fans pick on the guy and his eyebrows, his goal was a peach and when he plays we are better on the eyebrow. Ok the laddie isnae a hard man, more manicured than mental, but I tell you what he is a good football player.

James McPake is on the radio as a type, a gentleman and I wish him well. His team are good going forward but leak goals and need to stop that, but then we know their ex jambo goalie is useless. Premier TV on the hooky feed was useless today, its still freezing and buffering as I write, I prefer listening to Yogi on the radio and his shree goals description. I wish we could get him back at Hibs in some way, I never felt he was a Hibby but he clearly is.

Players for Hibs today were Paul McGinn, Daz, the excellent Newell and Mallan, and Murphy for 10 minutes. Worst for me was Wright, who is cockney rhyming slang if ever I saw it, we have signed a duffer there, hopeless is flattering and I felt sorry for Josh Doig who appears to have lost his confidence, but he is a laddie, that will come back and he will be better for it.

So, the team....

Barnes, actually had little to do.

Paul McGinn, rarely puts a foot wrong, he has become a Lewis, who would have thunk that we would find a gem like Paul to replace Sir David Gray, the man who won the cup, on that day, in 2016, ensuring he would never have to buy a drink when in town ever again?

Nice to see Daz back, he played well although I think his tiredness let Dundee back in it a bit.

Paul was quiet today, that is fine.

Josh was at fault for the goal, but he is a good laddie and will learn from it.

Joe Newell, a smashing player, and like Paul McGinn, simply a player who starts every week and does not let us down. I love his fitba, and 18 months later I regret doubting him.

Stevie Mallan, well I have always been a fan, and today he showed the doubters why he plays for Hibs, what a goal and he offers a lot from dead balls. We play better when Stevie plays, although the sunbeds and plucking are suspect!

Jamie Murphy is an enigma, 10 minutes of excellence, 70 minutes of no very much. Can we afford this? Well I suspect he will be much better when fit, at least he looks like a good player.

Drey Wright is shite, he, unlike a Murphy, simply does not look like a good player, he is not good enough. He offered nothing and whilst Hibs are a decent enough team at the moment, but we cannae afford passengers. Prove me wrong pal.

Martin Boyle was much better today I felt, signs of the Squirrel we love, good balls in for goals, but there is something lacking, no sure what?

Nissie scored a fine Nissie goal, that is his job. A future star, of which I have no doubt. Still reminds me of Keef, Keef, Keef.

The Subs, they changed the game.....

Sean Mackie brought a strength Josh Doig did not, well done son, you look like a brick shithouse with curtains.

Jamie Gullan scored an excellent goal and done more in his 17 minutes than the flap Wright has given us all season.

Melker replaced Murph with 10 to go and scored a fine goal.

McGinn senior replaced the excellent Mallan with a few minutes to go.

Young Bradley came on for Boyler with a minute or two to go and done just fine.

The Boss

He is happy with the next draw v Dundee (we did win 4-1), he is also happy after we lost the last few games and he feels we brought confidence back by winning, especially when we went ahead and he said Celtc are a bunch of fannies, especially Neil Lennon and their board, who are a bunch of tory *&*^. He did, honest.

Dundee

I like James McPake, he is a trier, I like the fact the Dees are challenging the puddledrinkers. I think Charlie Adam is a decent guy for coming home to play for his team, we would all do that. The snarling, fouling ex Huns bastard has done well. Good luck and see you in the next round, bring the same team along ffs.

The ref, was fine, for a cheating Hun bastard. Lodge shut brother?

Man of the match is a battle between Stevie Eyebrow and Joe Headband for me. Today it goes to Joe again, he is just a smashing fitba player. Stevie, you played well too son, nae shame in the joined up bit about the middle mate. Joe, the alice band nearly had you picking up the Sponsors second prize of a bottle of Head and Shoulders Anti Dandruff.

Next Up is the perennially offended, the grey and greens, the rhebels without a pause, the cousin you fuckin dinnae like, the team who might let the dirty Huns win a league when they really shouldnae. Bring it on.

Hibernian Forever!

I donā€™t know why, but Iā€™d have big Yogi back at the club too. I think heā€™d be good for the young lads. Obviously he wonā€™t get away with the shite he pulled back in the day, but maybe toughen them up a bit mentally. Make sure these young lads know what a fucking derby win means.

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
Ā£107.00
Earned
Ā£130.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks