• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that's 4 in a row....

Doidge, I prefer Nisbet. Or Murphy, who has been very average.

I agree and said so in my OP.

Apologies. I see that you did. I hadn't read the whole thread. I guess I owe apologies to a few others ... ?? So I do apologise to everyone. But the ref (and his assistant) did their jobs and should get credit for it.

I agree with you as well about our penalty - if I were a cynical man I might have thought that the BBC crowd were all looking for excuses to deny Hibs credit for a hard-fought but well-deserved victory. (As if they would!) I know it isn't pretty at times, but we're showing a fair bit of bottle these days and the team deserves credit for that.

I was surprised that Gogic was on the bench - I'm fairly sure that we would have started more strongly if he had been playing. On the other hand, JR's doing rotation in the squad, and we won. 'Nuff said.

The difference in the back four since Daz came back has been immense - a friend told me he's been taking some supplement that has cut down the inflammation in his knees so he can train properly again and if that's so I want what he's having 'cause my knees are on fire at times.

Young Doig is a real find - as an auld fart I'm thinking of Bobby Duncan and John Brownlie, both of whom suffered premature ends to their very promising careers - which is the reason I object to nasty wee neds like Jameekins getting away with reckless assaults on their elders and betters.

All told I was rather well-content last night until Jonathan and his buddies started making out that we only won because the referee sent Nedski off and then gave us a free shot at goal.

The team deserves more credit than they're getting - Rocky's a solid keeper; the back three look a lot more solid with Daz back; we have a good set of midfielders we can rotate as required: we have three good strikers, each one different in style from the other; and Scott Allan got 15 minutes at the end which is really good news for him and us.

And Scott Allan and Martin Boyle are the sort of players I want to watch - not Rent-A-Ned bampots like Jameeeee.

Shout out to the shit commentator - every ball that goes in to the box hasn't been whipped in. That was doing my head in after a while.

Fuck me Dub you are morphing into Albert Steptoe in yer auld age. The guy was sound in my humble opinion. Love Harold.

BIG G

• Haha
Reactions: Dub
Fuck me Dub you are morphing into Albert Steptoe in yer auld age. The guy was sound in my humble opinion. Love Harold.

BIG G
I've been listening to Alan Smith on Sky West Ham v. Spurs. Now HE's brutal.

BIG G
I've always been a torn-faced get G. He was okay apart from the overuse of "whipped" even a floated ball in was given that adjective.

"whipped" even a floated ball in was given that adjective.

Too many years proximity to 17 Danube Street methinks Dub.

BIG G

Doig is turning out to be some player. That was class. Boyler was superb too and should have had the hat trick. After we missed penalty thought we played pretty average Had a few good efforts stopped by the keeper. Defence wasn't troubled much by the 10 men. 4 wins in a row aint to be sniffed at.

Disappointing aspect of the game was when we had an extra player Newell and Irvine didnt take a hold of the game in centre midfield. Neither of them used the extra space that well. Was much livelier when Scotty and Nisbet came on.

Newell, yeah he can be a tidy player, but if he's just marking time for the next 7 games till he zips off south for free, then maybe Ross should give the shirt to someone who intends to commit to the cause next season.

Surely we’d should be sending Daz up to take one. He’s no going to over think it or worry about placement, just smash the ball into the net.
doidge

maybe Ross should give the shirt to someone who intends to commit to the cause next season.
Maybe he did??

Doig is turning out to be some player. That was class. Boyler was superb too and should have had the hat trick. After we missed penalty thought we played pretty average Had a few good efforts stopped by the keeper. Defence wasn't troubled much by the 10 men. 4 wins in a row aint to be sniffed at.

Disappointing aspect of the game was when we had an extra player Newell and Irvine didnt take a hold of the game in centre midfield. Neither of them used the extra space that well. Was much livelier when Scotty and Nisbet came on.

Newell, yeah he can be a tidy player, but if he's just marking time for the next 7 games till he zips off south for free, then maybe Ross should give the shirt to someone who intends to commit to the cause next season.

Disagree with the last part, it’s more important to put out the best team possible regardless of contract situations.

Agreed, he was going at full pace and his leading leg was easily knee high, straight leg, studs up.

Pretty reckless.
Don't think he meant to be in fairness, but it did have potential to be a shocker.
I've replayed the tackle a few times but without being able to slow it down. It doesn't at all look like there was contact most times I watch it. Perhaps he skims Boyles boot but I am not so sure at Boyle holding his leg. If anyone has a slowed down version would be good. Don't like to see anyone going down for nothing but as I said can't be conclusive

I'm interested that folks have sympathy for Jamie Hamilton.

The way I see it, he came steaming in from distance, not in full control of what he was doing, and it was only a matter of luck that he didn't do our man serious damage. I think it was the assistant's intervention that changed the yellow the referee was considering to a red; that assistant had a clear view of the incident from much closer in. In my opinion that challenge was reckless and could have resulted in serious injury to Boyle; Hamilton wasn't in full control when he arrived and it's immaterial whether it was his leading or trailing leg that took Boyle out. As for the Sportscene pundits, I do wonder how McFadden would have felt if someone had gone steaming into him like that in his playing days. I don't think he would have been anything like as forgiving. For once a Scots referee did his job, and now we're all complaining?

IMO Keiran Coates in the video was lucky to get only a yellow. Same reasons.

It was a thoroughly reckless challenge, and deserved a red card. Thank you, Craig Napier.
Agree he went in at pace and nowadays expect that to be punished. In the 80's that would have been perfectly fine sliding tackle as he did get the ball.

good haircut, how come all the players in England look like they have just walked out the barbers, what is the score there?
The majority of them are married to hairdressers.

I've replayed the tackle a few times but without being able to slow it down. It doesn't at all look like there was contact most times I watch it. Perhaps he skims Boyles boot but I am not so sure at Boyle holding his leg. If anyone has a slowed down version would be good. Don't like to see anyone going down for nothing but as I said can't be conclusive

It's apparently his trailing leg that caught the front of his boot, according to something I read with Brian Rice asking Boyle if he even touched him. Boyle says it wasn't that bad a challenge as well according to him.
Which is fair enough, because he didn't annihilate him.

But thats only based on the contact he may have received. The problem for me is that front foot, you can't lead into any challenge that way nowadays. The intent is to challenge or block with that leg, catching him or not doesn't matter at that point, because the challenge is made.

Too many years proximity to 17 Danube Street methinks Dub.

BIG G
Fuck,was it no 17 I thought it was no 27. No wonder I kept getting a K. B.
Thought my money wasn’t good enough. If she’s still alive which I doubt apologies to the little old lady at no 27 who I kept calling Nora. ?

Fuck,was it no 17 I thought it was no 27. No wonder I kept getting a K. B.
Thought my money wasn’t good enough. If she’s still alive which I doubt apologies to the little old lady at no 27 who I kept calling Nora. ?
Did she go batty?

Did she go batty?
tv-programme-last-of-the-summer-wine-nora-batty-kathy-staff-and-compo-bill-owen-box-650-404121...jpg

BIG G

Did she go batty?
She did indeed cos her name was Dora Noyce but easily confused when you’ve had a skin full.
This is her the madam of said brothel at 17 Danube st. 760EC7EC-024F-4C6E-98CD-C0629086DB52.jpeg

Happily, he isn't doing that.

This thread has been viewed 5290 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back