• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that's 4 in a row....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
We started slowly but after the sending off for Accies it was only really chances missed that prevented that being a bigger win. HIghlights were the performances of Martin Boyle, Josh Doig, Chris Cadden and Darren McGregor, capped only by the return of the excellent Joe Newell and Scottie and his flowing locks coming on with 15 minutes to go. Both Scottie, his hair and Nissy done well when they came on, which is great. This when I felt one or two of our players were not great, especially Murph and Doidge.

The game started with Accies coming at us, a rash tackle changed the game and lets be honest if it was 4 or 5 by the end no one would have complained, missing penalties, ssing good chances can cost a team, it didn't today and we stay 4 point ahead of Aberdeen and 12 ahead of Livingston.

A random question, I watch a lot of football, its clear a lot of Hibs and Hamilton players near a good haircut, how come all the players in England look like they have just walked out the barbers, what is the score there?

The Team

Rocky had to be on his toes all game, a clean sheet, he will delighted.

Paul McGinn is making a few mistakes in recent games, it may be playing as part of a three, it may he got himself over comfortable. Needs to get his attention focussed again.

Darren strolled through the game, he plays like a 24 year old. Magic.

Paul Hanlon is far better with the reliable and hard nosed Daz beside him.

I though Chris Cadden was very good today, he looks a shrewd signing.

Josh Dog was magnificent, what a player. To score a fine goal capped a fantastic performance.

Great to have Joe Newell back, for me he takes the mantle of Hibs metronome, something we have not had since the days of Dylan McGeouch.

Jackson Irvine was ok today, he is all over the pitch but I will be honest and say that HIbs are his level in my opinion.

Murph flatters to deceive, one minute gliding past players and sliding perfect passes through, the next minute looking slow, unfit, and disinterested?

Doidge works hard but couldnae score in a barrel of fannies, let's be honest, given he is a striker is that acceptable. Much prefer Nissy personally.

Boyler was fantastic, he has been so for a few weeks now, it's great to have the old squirrel back.

The Subs

Nissy for Murph after 65 minutes, I thought NIssy brought a lot to the game and should start v Motherwell.

Scottie, locks flowing in the breeze replaced Doidge with 15 to go, a sight that made my heart sore with pride and delight. A few tricks, a few slide rule passes, just the sight of Scottie back in a HIbs shirt is fantastic, long may that continue. He husnae half bulked up, looking very toned pal. Fantastic!

Gogic replaced Joe for 5 to go, and made sure we were solid and didnae lose a daft late goal.

Lewis replaced Josh at the same time as Gogic, giving Josh a rest and ensuring Josh got the plaudits he deserved from his teammates and coaching staff.

The Boss

Jack was pleased, he knew Hamilton would be difficult. He felt it was a very good win and we defended well. We did what we had to do and he was delighted for Josh Doig, he has done a lot for an 18 year old and his composure for his first senior goal was fantastic. He was also happy with Joe being back, getting 80 minutes in. All in very happy I think?

Hamilton

A stuffy team who were giving us a game until the stupid sending off. I am sure they will not go down.

The Ref was fine I felt.

MIkey Weir and Ted Wright were a good listen with Tanner, I enjoyed their insight, they ken their fitba. I prefer Cliff's commentary, knowing the Hibs players names always helps I would say. HIbs pass started playing up on 81 minutes, for me in Livi and for my son in Dundee, anyone have issues with hanging and picture going fuzzy? No great value for my four season tickets I have to say.

Man of the match

Any other day Martin Boyle would be man of the match, he was excellent. But today there was only one winner, Josh Doig, who was simply brilliant.

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road next week, they are a shambles at the moment.

See you behind the goals!

Hibernian Forever!!!

We started slowly but after the sending off for Accies it was only really chances missed that prevented that being a bigger win. HIghlights were the performances of Martin Boyle, Josh Doig, Chris Cadden and Darren McGregor, capped only by the return of the excellent Joe Newell and Scottie and his flowing locks coming on with 15 minutes to go. Both Scottie, his hair and Nissy done well when they came on, which is great. This when I felt one or two of our players were not great, especially Murph and Doidge.

The game started with Accies coming at us, a rash tackle changed the game and lets be honest if it was 4 or 5 by the end no one would have complained, missing penalties, ssing good chances can cost a team, it didn't today and we stay 4 point ahead of Aberdeen and 12 ahead of Livingston.

A random question, I watch a lot of football, its clear a lot of Hibs and Hamilton players near a good haircut, how come all the players in England look like they have just walked out the barbers, what is the score there?

The Team

Paul McGinn is making a few mistakes in recent games, it may be playing as part of a three, it may he got himself over comfortable. Needs to get his attention focussed again.

Josh Dog was magnificent, what a player. To score a fine goal capped a fantastic performance.

Great to have Joe Newell back, for me he takes the mantle of Hibs metronome, something we have not had since the days of Dylan McGeouch.

Jackson Irvine was ok today, he is all over the pitch but I will be honest and say that HIbs are his level in my opinion.

Murph flatters to deceive, one minute gliding past players and sliding perfect passes through, the next minute looking slow, unfit, and disinterested?

Doidge works hard but couldnae score in a barrel of fannies, let's be honest, given he is a striker is that acceptable. Much prefer Nissy personally.

Boyler was fantastic, he has been so for a few weeks now, it's great to have the old squirrel back.

The Subs

Nissy for Murph after 65 minutes, I thought NIssy brought a lot to the game and should start v Motherwell.

Scottie, locks flowing in the breeze replaced Doidge with 15 to go, a sight that made my heart sore with pride and delight. A few tricks, a few slide rule passes, just the sight of Scottie back in a HIbs shirt is fantastic, long may that continue. He husnae half bulked up, looking very toned pal. Fantastic!

Gogic replaced Joe for 5 to go, and made sure we were solid and didnae lose a daft late goal.

Lewis replaced Josh at the same time as Gogic, giving Josh a rest and ensuring Josh got the plaudits he deserved from his teammates and coaching staff.

The Boss

Jack was pleased, he knew Hamilton would be difficult. He felt it was a very good win and we defended well. We did what we had to do and he was delighted for Josh Doig, he has done a lot for an 18 year old and his composure for his first senior goal was fantastic. He was also happy with Joe being back, getting 80 minutes in. All in very happy I think?

Hamilton

A stuffy team who were giving us a game until the stupid sending off. I am sure they will not go down.

The Ref was fine I felt.

MIkey Weir and Ted Wright were a good listen with Tanner, I enjoyed their insight, they ken their fitba. I prefer Cliff's commentary, knowing the Hibs players names always helps I would say. HIbs pass started playing up on 81 minutes, for me in Livi and for my son in Dundee, anyone have issues with hanging and picture going fuzzy? No great value for my four season tickets I have to say.

Man of the match

Any other day Martin Boyle would be man of the match, he was excellent. But today there was only one winner, Josh Doig, who was simply brilliant.

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road next week, they are a shambles at the moment.

Hibernian Forever!!!

Newell is a neat and tidy player but doesn’t create enough for me, we have been missing Allan for that creativity and it was amazing seeing him back on the pitch today, would love to see the pairing of Irvine and Allan against Motherwell next week.

Apart from one blunder at the start which could have been costly Doig was excellent. Some player in the making there!

I dont have an issue with Doidge being in there.
Nisbet is obviously the more out and out striker, but when you see things like Doidge controlling and laying off for Cadden then I'm good with him doing his work.

Obviously more goals are preferable, but if what he's doing is allowing other players to score then he's doing his part.

I missed the first 30 mins. I thought we controlled the game with some lovely play. Should have had more goals, but a win, clean sheet and 3 points will do me.
Delighted for Doig to get his goal.

Good summary ?
Should have been more comfortable and our final ball at times needs to be better, more targeted.

That said, don't forget this Accies team outplayed sevco and pumped Motherwell in recent weeks, so are no mugs.

Results are all that matters with 9 games to go now. A win next week vs Well at home when the sheep are at parkhead could be a real defining moment in the season.

Not the greatest performance, but another great win. Josh, Daz and Boyle were top Boys.
I'm in the minority but I thought the sending off was harsh. Wouldn't be happy if it was the other way. I'm not sure there was any contact.
So happy for Doig, he has been desperate for a goal for weeks, his work rate is superb, and his attitude seems very similar to his mentor. I don't think mcgregor lost a header all day.

Good match summary, can’t disagree with anything. Josh Doig will go for big Bucks eventually I reckon ?

Cheers M, who was commenting wi Tam?, I watched on IPTV, it’s easier than logging intae internet tv and mine was a bit dodgy late in the game tae.

It wasn't actually winning ugly, but victory when you're not on top form is the sign of something good. I thought Hamilton pressed and pressed it was suicidal getting a player sent off, but we'll take the 3 points thank you.

Thanks for the just back and agree with your summary M , we have looked rock solid at the back since Daz came back into the team. Excellent performance from Doig today and thoroughly deserved his goal and motm

Someone Armstrong, from Ireland. Cliff had the hoovering and dusting to do today.

Thanks for the just back. We done well but im not sure we would have done so well had Hamilton kept there full compliment of players. Fair play to them, they kept at it.
A few individual great performances from our team, however I didn't think Hanlon played particularly well, unlike the mercurial Daz.
Great to see Scotty starting to look like the Scotty we love.

Someone Armstrong, from Ireland. Cliff had the hoovering and dusting to do today.
Me tae, she’s nights this weekend, telt me no tae hoover until after 3 ...she got telt.
She’s away now so I have come oot fae under the bed.??

I didn’t think Irvine got forward as much as last few games. The dynamic feels different with Newell beside him

Not a criticism of Newell specifically, Irvine must know if he goes and we lose ball we are exposed and so seemed to play a different role than he does with Gogic beside him.

If we are playing three in the middle and we have to pick from Gogic, Irvine, Allan, Newell and Magennis next season I think we’d be in a good place.

A very professional performance and a good three points. First back to back home league wins since October 2018. Three in a row next week.....

The Team

The Subs

The Boss

Hamilton

The Ref was fine I felt.

Man of the match

Hibernian Forever!!!
I had no issues with Hibs pass at all. I always leave a pile of 50 pence on top of the meter though, just in case.

I didn’t think Irvine got forward as much as last few games. The dynamic feels different with Newell beside him

Not a criticism of Newell specifically, Irvine must know if he goes and we lose ball we are exposed and so seemed to play a different role than he does with Gogic beside him.

If we are playing three in the middle and we have to pick from Gogic, Irvine, Allan, Newell and Magennis next season I think we’d be in a good place.

A very professional performance and a good three points. First back to back home league wins since October 2018. Three in a row next week.....

October 2018...some stat that

We might be reading another 'just back' from Anfield, unless 1875 is too busy celebrating.....

Sending off helped us. Didn't look in it until then. Delighted with the 3 points and controlled a lot of the game. Doig was outstanding and I reckon one day he will score one of those shots from outside the box.

I dont have an issue with Doidge being in there.
Nisbet is obviously the more out and out striker, but when you see things like Doidge controlling and laying off for Cadden then I'm good with him doing his work.

Obviously more goals are preferable, but if what he's doing is allowing other players to score then he's doing his part.
I agree with Hammi. Doidge could do with scoring more goals for sure but his hold up play was excellent again today and he twice laid balls off for folk to have a pop at goal plus he won us the penalty boyler squandered, Its maybe time to drop Murph for a bit and put Nis on at the start with Doidge. It seems we have an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

Shout out to the shit commentator - every ball that goes in to the box hasn't been whipped in. That was doing my head in after a while.

Last edited:
We might be reading another 'just back' from Anfield, unless 1875 is too busy celebrating.....

Expensive bottle of red breathing as I type, I am am ecstatic!!!!!

A win is a win. And if we have a new hero going from strength to strength to encourage all the youth players and to make Hibs the place to be to get your career going that is good too. Really happy for Doig to get his first goal today!

A good win for Hibs today against a stuffy Hamilton team. It has to be said we were helped by one or two odd decisions to say the least. IMO the young Hamilton player was very harshly sent off. He has won the ball and his trailing leg has caught Boyle in full flight which made it look far worse than it actually was. A booking was all that was merited. It meant we played the vast majority of the game against 10 men, which definitely worked in our favour. Also, that was never a penalty for Hibs although unfortunately we didn't benefit from that decision. Good save from their goalkeeper, but we have missed too many pens this season.

We had some very good performances today, especially Josh Doig who just gets better and better and McGregor, Boyle and Cadden were excellent as well. Dodge is not having a good season compared to last season. He lays the ball off well but he has little or no composure when presented with a chance. If we could provide better service in terms of crossing I am sure he would score more as he is good in the air. Great to see Scott Allan coming on.

A pity Aberdeen won. I was hoping Killie would get a point up there. I still think the Dons will string some wins together soon so it's really important we keep racking up the points in games like todays and definitely next Saturday against Motherwell.

Never been confident with Boyle taking the pens. I know he scored the last one, but it just doesn't feel right to me. Something amiss when your Center forward isnt taking the pens IMO.

Who is next penalty taker then?

Newell? Irvine?

If we could provide better service in terms of crossing I am sure he would score more as he is good in the air.
Doidge: is he really 'good in the air' though? Rarely seems to get a solid connection and on target.

Doidge: is he really 'good in the air' though? Rarely seems to get a solid connection and on target.
One thing's for sure, he's definitely useful in our box. We're a lot more secure from opposition set pieces when he's playing.
I like him, even when he's not scoring.
And sooner or later, he's gonna get on a scoring run again.

One thing's for sure, he's definitely useful in our box. We're a lot more secure from opposition set pieces when he's playing.
Is he though? Hasn't he only had one scoring run in the time he's been here? And most of those were sclaffs - not that I have anything against sclaffs, they're a key part of a striker's game, but they can't be the only part.

Who is next penalty taker then?

Newell? Irvine?

Surely we’d should be sending Daz up to take one. He’s no going to over think it or worry about placement, just smash the ball into the net.

A good win for Hibs today against a stuffy Hamilton team. It has to be said we were helped by one or two odd decisions to say the least. IMO the young Hamilton player was very harshly sent off. He has won the ball and his trailing leg has caught Boyle in full flight which made it look far worse than it actually was. A booking was all that was merited. It meant we played the vast majority of the game against 10 men, which definitely worked in our favour. Also, that was never a penalty for Hibs although unfortunately we didn't benefit from that decision. Good save from their goalkeeper, but we have missed too many pens this season.

We had some very good performances today, especially Josh Doig who just gets better and better and McGregor, Boyle and Cadden were excellent as well. Dodge is not having a good season compared to last season. He lays the ball off well but he has little or no composure when presented with a chance. If we could provide better service in terms of crossing I am sure he would score more as he is good in the air. Great to see Scott Allan coming on.

A pity Aberdeen won. I was hoping Killie would get a point up there. I still think the Dons will string some wins together soon so it's really important we keep racking up the points in games like todays and definitely next Saturday against Motherwell.

Disagree on the red card, I thought it was pretty reckless. No so much about the contact he made, it’s more about the potential damage it could have done.

Agreed.
Red all day long.

Disagree on the red card, I thought it was pretty reckless. No so much about the contact he made, it’s more about the potential damage it could have done.

Agreed, he was going at full pace and his leading leg was easily knee high, straight leg, studs up.

Pretty reckless.
Don't think he meant to be in fairness, but it did have potential to be a shocker.

Agreed, he was going at full pace and his leading leg was easily knee high, straight leg, studs up.

Pretty reckless.
Don't think he meant to be in fairness, but it did have potential to be a shocker.
On a related point, I noticed Stevie Mallan liked this post the other day. Personally that's 100% a red card for me, it's milliseconds of timing away from being a career ender.

Thanks again M for the Just Back.

Slow start from us in the first 10 minutes. Hamilton sending off aiding us to eventually get started. We played some good football at times going forward and my only real gripe with the performance yesterday is us needing to be more clinical in front of goal.

YLT was my MOTM up until half way through the 2nd half. He won every header yesterday. Colossus since coming back into the team. Big sexy bastard that he is. For me though, I thought Doig was excellent, especially in the 2nd half. Going forward and tracking back was excellent, Crossing was good, was getting in behind their full back constantly and was well worthy of his goal. Looks a lot fitter as the seasons progressed and seems to have gained an extra yard of pace. Keep up the hard work son.

Overall, good 3 points Hibs. We continue our march to European fitbaw.

The Team

The Subs

The Boss

Hamilton

The Ref was fine I felt.

Man of the match

Hibernian Forever!!!
Who would you drop for Nisbet ??

Boyle scored and got an assist and Doidge won the penalty that Boyle missed

I'm interested that folks have sympathy for Jamie Hamilton.

The way I see it, he came steaming in from distance, not in full control of what he was doing, and it was only a matter of luck that he didn't do our man serious damage. I think it was the assistant's intervention that changed the yellow the referee was considering to a red; that assistant had a clear view of the incident from much closer in. In my opinion that challenge was reckless and could have resulted in serious injury to Boyle; Hamilton wasn't in full control when he arrived and it's immaterial whether it was his leading or trailing leg that took Boyle out. As for the Sportscene pundits, I do wonder how McFadden would have felt if someone had gone steaming into him like that in his playing days. I don't think he would have been anything like as forgiving. For once a Scots referee did his job, and now we're all complaining?

IMO Keiran Coates in the video was lucky to get only a yellow. Same reasons.

It was a thoroughly reckless challenge, and deserved a red card. Thank you, Craig Napier.

Last edited:

I think Murphy

Doidge, I prefer Nisbet. Or Murphy, who has been very average.

I'm interested that folks have sympathy for Jamie Hamilton.

The way I see it, he came steaming in from distance, not in full control of what he was doing, and it was only a matter of luck that he didn't do our man serious damage. I think it was the assistant's intervention that changed the yellow the referee was considering to a red; that assistant had a clear view of the incident from much closer in. In my opinion that challenge was reckless and could have resulted in serious injury to Boyle; Hamilton wasn't in full control when he arrived and it's immaterial whether it was his leading or trailing leg that took Boyle out. As for the Sportscene pundits, I do wonder how McFadden would have felt if someone had gone steaming into him like that in his playing days. I don't think he would have been anything like as forgiving. For once a Scots referee did his job, and now we're all complaining?

IMO Keiran Coates in the video was lucky to get only a yellow. Same reasons.

It was a thoroughly reckless challenge, and deserved a red card. Thank you, Craig Napier.

I agree and said so in my OP.

Kevin Nisbet, when he's in the team, also contributes a good number of defensive headers at corners and free kicks, it's just what he and Doidge have been told to do. I don't dislike Doidge, I'll support any player wearing the Green Jersey, and he is an honest trier. But I'm running out of patience with the quality of his contribution as a goal threat.

Last edited:

I rarely disagree with you but I do on both counts today. The boy deserved to walk as the challenge was rash and dangerous whether he got to the ball first or not. The Doidge penalty was valid, we lost one in a similar fashion against the sheep when Boyle accidentally caught a player who came in on the blindside, It may have been soft but it was a penalty.

This thread has been viewed 5291 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50