Just back and that's 4 in a row....

Admin
We started slowly but after the sending off for Accies it was only really chances missed that prevented that being a bigger win. HIghlights were the performances of Martin Boyle, Josh Doig, Chris Cadden and Darren McGregor, capped only by the return of the excellent Joe Newell and Scottie and his flowing locks coming on with 15 minutes to go. Both Scottie, his hair and Nissy done well when they came on, which is great. This when I felt one or two of our players were not great, especially Murph and Doidge.

The game started with Accies coming at us, a rash tackle changed the game and lets be honest if it was 4 or 5 by the end no one would have complained, missing penalties, ssing good chances can cost a team, it didn't today and we stay 4 point ahead of Aberdeen and 12 ahead of Livingston.

A random question, I watch a lot of football, its clear a lot of Hibs and Hamilton players near a good haircut, how come all the players in England look like they have just walked out the barbers, what is the score there?

The Team

Rocky had to be on his toes all game, a clean sheet, he will delighted.

Paul McGinn is making a few mistakes in recent games, it may be playing as part of a three, it may he got himself over comfortable. Needs to get his attention focussed again.

Darren strolled through the game, he plays like a 24 year old. Magic.

Paul Hanlon is far better with the reliable and hard nosed Daz beside him.

I though Chris Cadden was very good today, he looks a shrewd signing.

Josh Dog was magnificent, what a player. To score a fine goal capped a fantastic performance.

Great to have Joe Newell back, for me he takes the mantle of Hibs metronome, something we have not had since the days of Dylan McGeouch.

Jackson Irvine was ok today, he is all over the pitch but I will be honest and say that HIbs are his level in my opinion.

Murph flatters to deceive, one minute gliding past players and sliding perfect passes through, the next minute looking slow, unfit, and disinterested?

Doidge works hard but couldnae score in a barrel of fannies, let's be honest, given he is a striker is that acceptable. Much prefer Nissy personally.

Boyler was fantastic, he has been so for a few weeks now, it's great to have the old squirrel back.

The Subs

Nissy for Murph after 65 minutes, I thought NIssy brought a lot to the game and should start v Motherwell.

Scottie, locks flowing in the breeze replaced Doidge with 15 to go, a sight that made my heart sore with pride and delight. A few tricks, a few slide rule passes, just the sight of Scottie back in a HIbs shirt is fantastic, long may that continue. He husnae half bulked up, looking very toned pal. Fantastic!

Gogic replaced Joe for 5 to go, and made sure we were solid and didnae lose a daft late goal.

Lewis replaced Josh at the same time as Gogic, giving Josh a rest and ensuring Josh got the plaudits he deserved from his teammates and coaching staff.

The Boss

Jack was pleased, he knew Hamilton would be difficult. He felt it was a very good win and we defended well. We did what we had to do and he was delighted for Josh Doig, he has done a lot for an 18 year old and his composure for his first senior goal was fantastic. He was also happy with Joe being back, getting 80 minutes in. All in very happy I think?

Hamilton

A stuffy team who were giving us a game until the stupid sending off. I am sure they will not go down.

The Ref was fine I felt.

MIkey Weir and Ted Wright were a good listen with Tanner, I enjoyed their insight, they ken their fitba. I prefer Cliff's commentary, knowing the Hibs players names always helps I would say. HIbs pass started playing up on 81 minutes, for me in Livi and for my son in Dundee, anyone have issues with hanging and picture going fuzzy? No great value for my four season tickets I have to say.

Man of the match

Any other day Martin Boyle would be man of the match, he was excellent. But today there was only one winner, Josh Doig, who was simply brilliant.

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road next week, they are a shambles at the moment.

See you behind the goals!

Hibernian Forever!!!

The Family

Capital Radge
We started slowly but after the sending off for Accies it was only really chances missed that prevented that being a bigger win. HIghlights were the performances of Martin Boyle, Josh Doig, Chris Cadden and Darren McGregor, capped only by the return of the excellent Joe Newell and Scottie and his flowing locks coming on with 15 minutes to go. Both Scottie, his hair and Nissy done well when they came on, which is great. This when I felt one or two of our players were not great, especially Murph and Doidge.

The game started with Accies coming at us, a rash tackle changed the game and lets be honest if it was 4 or 5 by the end no one would have complained, missing penalties, ssing good chances can cost a team, it didn't today and we stay 4 point ahead of Aberdeen and 12 ahead of Livingston.

A random question, I watch a lot of football, its clear a lot of Hibs and Hamilton players near a good haircut, how come all the players in England look like they have just walked out the barbers, what is the score there?

The Team

Paul McGinn is making a few mistakes in recent games, it may be playing as part of a three, it may he got himself over comfortable. Needs to get his attention focussed again.

Josh Dog was magnificent, what a player. To score a fine goal capped a fantastic performance.

Great to have Joe Newell back, for me he takes the mantle of Hibs metronome, something we have not had since the days of Dylan McGeouch.

Jackson Irvine was ok today, he is all over the pitch but I will be honest and say that HIbs are his level in my opinion.

Murph flatters to deceive, one minute gliding past players and sliding perfect passes through, the next minute looking slow, unfit, and disinterested?

Doidge works hard but couldnae score in a barrel of fannies, let's be honest, given he is a striker is that acceptable. Much prefer Nissy personally.

Boyler was fantastic, he has been so for a few weeks now, it's great to have the old squirrel back.

The Subs

Nissy for Murph after 65 minutes, I thought NIssy brought a lot to the game and should start v Motherwell.

Scottie, locks flowing in the breeze replaced Doidge with 15 to go, a sight that made my heart sore with pride and delight. A few tricks, a few slide rule passes, just the sight of Scottie back in a HIbs shirt is fantastic, long may that continue. He husnae half bulked up, looking very toned pal. Fantastic!

Gogic replaced Joe for 5 to go, and made sure we were solid and didnae lose a daft late goal.

Lewis replaced Josh at the same time as Gogic, giving Josh a rest and ensuring Josh got the plaudits he deserved from his teammates and coaching staff.

The Boss

Jack was pleased, he knew Hamilton would be difficult. He felt it was a very good win and we defended well. We did what we had to do and he was delighted for Josh Doig, he has done a lot for an 18 year old and his composure for his first senior goal was fantastic. He was also happy with Joe being back, getting 80 minutes in. All in very happy I think?

Hamilton

A stuffy team who were giving us a game until the stupid sending off. I am sure they will not go down.

The Ref was fine I felt.

MIkey Weir and Ted Wright were a good listen with Tanner, I enjoyed their insight, they ken their fitba. I prefer Cliff's commentary, knowing the Hibs players names always helps I would say. HIbs pass started playing up on 81 minutes, for me in Livi and for my son in Dundee, anyone have issues with hanging and picture going fuzzy? No great value for my four season tickets I have to say.

Man of the match

Any other day Martin Boyle would be man of the match, he was excellent. But today there was only one winner, Josh Doig, who was simply brilliant.

Next up is Motherwell at Easter Road next week, they are a shambles at the moment.

Hibernian Forever!!!

Newell is a neat and tidy player but doesn’t create enough for me, we have been missing Allan for that creativity and it was amazing seeing him back on the pitch today, would love to see the pairing of Irvine and Allan against Motherwell next week.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I dont have an issue with Doidge being in there.
Nisbet is obviously the more out and out striker, but when you see things like Doidge controlling and laying off for Cadden then I'm good with him doing his work.

Obviously more goals are preferable, but if what he's doing is allowing other players to score then he's doing his part.

Wheat Hound

Radgie, Gadgie, Onion Badgie Radge
Good summary 👍
Should have been more comfortable and our final ball at times needs to be better, more targeted.

That said, don't forget this Accies team outplayed sevco and pumped Motherwell in recent weeks, so are no mugs.

Results are all that matters with 9 games to go now. A win next week vs Well at home when the sheep are at parkhead could be a real defining moment in the season.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
Not the greatest performance, but another great win. Josh, Daz and Boyle were top Boys.
I'm in the minority but I thought the sending off was harsh. Wouldn't be happy if it was the other way. I'm not sure there was any contact.
So happy for Doig, he has been desperate for a goal for weeks, his work rate is superb, and his attitude seems very similar to his mentor. I don't think mcgregor lost a header all day.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Cheers M, who was commenting wi Tam?, I watched on IPTV, it’s easier than logging intae internet tv and mine was a bit dodgy late in the game tae.

jock3

Well-Known Radge
It wasn't actually winning ugly, but victory when you're not on top form is the sign of something good. I thought Hamilton pressed and pressed it was suicidal getting a player sent off, but we'll take the 3 points thank you.

Norwayhibs

Norwegian Hibs Radge
Thanks for the just back and agree with your summary M , we have looked rock solid at the back since Daz came back into the team. Excellent performance from Doig today and thoroughly deserved his goal and motm

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Thanks for the just back. We done well but im not sure we would have done so well had Hamilton kept there full compliment of players. Fair play to them, they kept at it.
A few individual great performances from our team, however I didn't think Hanlon played particularly well, unlike the mercurial Daz.
Great to see Scotty starting to look like the Scotty we love.

kaiser sauzee

Just A Radge
I didn’t think Irvine got forward as much as last few games. The dynamic feels different with Newell beside him

Not a criticism of Newell specifically, Irvine must know if he goes and we lose ball we are exposed and so seemed to play a different role than he does with Gogic beside him.

If we are playing three in the middle and we have to pick from Gogic, Irvine, Allan, Newell and Magennis next season I think we’d be in a good place.

A very professional performance and a good three points. First back to back home league wins since October 2018. Three in a row next week.....

AG1337

Well-Known Radge

The Team

The Subs

The Boss

Hamilton

The Ref was fine I felt.

Man of the match

Hibernian Forever!!!
I had no issues with Hibs pass at all. I always leave a pile of 50 pence on top of the meter though, just in case.

tricky

Legendary Radge
I didn’t think Irvine got forward as much as last few games. The dynamic feels different with Newell beside him

Not a criticism of Newell specifically, Irvine must know if he goes and we lose ball we are exposed and so seemed to play a different role than he does with Gogic beside him.

If we are playing three in the middle and we have to pick from Gogic, Irvine, Allan, Newell and Magennis next season I think we’d be in a good place.

A very professional performance and a good three points. First back to back home league wins since October 2018. Three in a row next week.....

October 2018...some stat that

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
I dont have an issue with Doidge being in there.
Nisbet is obviously the more out and out striker, but when you see things like Doidge controlling and laying off for Cadden then I'm good with him doing his work.

Obviously more goals are preferable, but if what he's doing is allowing other players to score then he's doing his part.
I agree with Hammi. Doidge could do with scoring more goals for sure but his hold up play was excellent again today and he twice laid balls off for folk to have a pop at goal plus he won us the penalty boyler squandered, Its maybe time to drop Murph for a bit and put Nis on at the start with Doidge. It seems we have an embarrassment of riches at the moment.

Shout out to the shit commentator - every ball that goes in to the box hasn't been whipped in. That was doing my head in after a while.

Last edited:
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00

Unread Posts