• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that was woeful

I think we may see McGregor back in next week.
could be a good shout , he wasn't found wanting earlier in the season

We are far to negative and if boyles marked out the game we are fucked as we have no plan B. Bad day at the office and need to pick ourselves up for next week, although I fear our inability to win games when it matters.

We have zero attacking options on the bench (Allan and Mallan loaned out 🤔) so if plan A goes breasts skyward our goose is cooked. Here’s hoping Plan A is enough to see us navigate these massive games coming up 🤞🏻🤞🏻It should be.

The race for third is now a bit of a worry. Still slight favourites in my book but we have to get a draw at Pittodrie. If they beat us, it’s the toss of a coin really

could be a good shout , he wasn't found wanting earlier in the season

It wasn't even that long ago, a month, maybe two ago?
We should absolutely put Darren in his place to show him what a defender does when they're under pressure out wide.

Rule 1, clear your fuckin lines
Rule 2, do not play balls across your goals
Rule 3, if the opponent is standing free on the edge of the box, don't give him the fuckin ball.

Ffs

We should absolutely put Darren in his place to show him what a defender does when they're under pressure out wide.

Rule 3, if the opponent is standing free on the edge of the box, don't give him the fuckin ball.

Ffs
simples

A dreadful result and performance today against a St Johnstone team who know how to stop us. Doesn't help when our centre half gifts them their winning goal. Six years now since Hibs last beat St Johnstone at Easter Road. Far too much complacency today from Hibs.

As I have mentioned before, we have been quite fortunate this season with injuries to our strikers. We lost Nisbet today, and surprise surprise we struggle to create anything and don't even look like scoring. Our squad is ridiculously thin, but if you believe the official line, this is what the manager prefers to work with. The downside with that of course is that when we are hit with injuries to key players we struggle badly and start losing games. We are reliant on Boyle, Nisbet and Doidge for goals. Our midfield needs completely changed for next season in my opinion. In away matches when we play our natural counter-attacking game it's fine, but at home when we need to dominate possession, move the ball quickly, and create chances and score goals it has been found wanting far too often this season.

The big beneficiaries today of course are Aberdeen. They now have only one thing to focus on...catching Hibs for third place. Whereas Hibs have two, and one or two of our key players have started picking up injuries at exactly the wrong time. Aberdeen gambled in the cup with a new defensive formation against Dundee United and were beaten easily. They have now reverted to type and are grinding out wins in the league in their normal way. Hibs have now handed them the chance to pip us for third. I think we will just about scrape it on goal difference, but it is going to be very, very close. It actually really could go either way now, which is disgraceful when you consider how strong a position we were in.

Next week-end's cup semi worries me. We have high expectations, and that's what concerns me the most. As a club we have always struggled massively with high expectation levels in big matches against smaller clubs. We do not cope well at all with the favourites tag, particularly at Hampden. Please for once just do it when it matters Hibs.

Last edited:
And maybe Lewis should start.......

Ffs
But thats not rocket science ffs, I don't know Porto mistakes are lack of experience or he's simply not very good.

It's a sad sign of where we are right now, that we have 2 central defenders who wouldn't get a game for St johnstone

But thats not rocket science ffs, I don't know Porto mistakes are lack of experience or he's simply not very good.

I know, that's why they're the first 2 rules of defending
That today, was horrific.

Hes started thinking he's just that good.
Jack said he thought it was a poor clearance, but admitted Ryan was trying to pick a pass.
He abandoned the fundamentals and tried to play ball.
Thats not a lack of experience and he is good enough to do the job. So to me that's trying to be clever.

I know, that's why they're the first 2 rules of defending
That today, was horrific.

Hes started thinking he's just that good.
Jack said he thought it was a poor clearance, but admitted Ryan was trying to pick a pass.
He abandoned the fundamentals and tried to play ball.
Thats not a lack of experience and he is good enough to do the job. So to me that's trying to be clever.

It is really really annoying. As a little boy, living in Germany, the first thing I was taught about playing at the back, and the ONLY thing I remember is "Do not pass the ball across the goal under any circumstances unless you are Franz Beckenbauer. You are not Franz Beckenbauer." Admittedly the guy teaching me this was a 7 foot tall English hippy - but he wasnt wrong. Mental pass to try n make, and is not looking any better after a few gins!

Jack Ross has created a team who can at times play pretty football, pass it about, and score goals. But when things don't go our way we are clueless, we lose our shape, fold like a pack of cards, lack leadership, guile, and fight. We're a soft touch again. Seen this film before. Much preferred Lennon's aggressive approach to management. At least we had more bottle then.

Seriously doubt if Hibs will progress much further with Ross in charge. He may have taken the team as far as he's capable of. To be fair, 3rd/4th place and 2 cup semis this season aint bad at all, but cant help feeling that a more talented and imaginative manager, someone with a lot more cajones, could have pushed this squad much further.

I think hes a decent enough defender, but not as good as he thinks he is hence the constant mistakes, of which todays was the worst so far.

Ok I get many Hibs fans don't care about the league any more, but I care enough to want HIbs to turn up, for Sauzee sake, that was rotten. We played with little fire in our belly, indeed much of the game we were pretty shite. St Johnstone are a negative team, they came to steal a win, they did, gifted to them by a woeful pass from Porto straight to that hun dogshite Middleton, dear fucking me. Aberdeen won today too, two games to secure third.

Then there is the amatuer Hibs TV, £400 for a season ticket, I accept HIbs TV is the best we will get, but the least you expect is the 90 minutes of coverage, not the whole thing going off for ten minutes before half time for everyone. Did they apologise? Overall it was not our day, we miss Nissy for sure, Wright is a waste of a jersey, McGinn has lost his way and Joe and Jackson are nowhere near consistent enough. Thank Sauzee for Martin Boyle and Chris Doidge.

The team

Marciano had almost nothing to do.

McGinn, sorry he has lost his way, defending poor, crossing pretty poor.

Porto, woeful pass otherwise little to do.

Paul, played well enough, wasn't tested much but I admit is not a leader.

Josh, I felt they stopped him playing until the second half.

Gogic played well, we took him after 70 minutes to give Melker a try out before next week. I am not sure.

Joe, lost his way for me recently

Jackson flits in and out too much still, I feel there is something missing

Wright is not good enough for Hibs. Not a scapegoat, a simple statement

I thought Doidge and Boyler done pretty well but nothing came our way.

The subs

Magennis for Wright on the hour, sorry that is a like for like for me, still not sure where Magennis plays?

Melker for Gogic on 70, prefer Gogic but get it

Doig replaced by Stevenson, a like for like.

Bradley for Newell for the last ten, at last trying something different with little time to go.

The Boss

17.15, still no interview. He picked his strongest team, less Wright but Saints beat us but taking one of their few chances and wwe looked a bit clueless about how to break them down.

Saints

No a good watch are they, boring, close the game down, play on the break but it works. I would make a good bid for Kerr.

The Ref

Was fine, not sure about the penalty at the end? Couldne see on amatuer TV.

Amatuer TV

Shocking that paying fans should lose 10 minutes of coverage. That and the cameraman not following the game, but instead randomly following players around, Cliff and Tam oblivious. Tam's sigh's tell you how Hibs are playing, there were plenty today.

Man of the Match

Only Boyler and Doidgey in the running, Doidge by a bawhair for me.

In summary, we have left ourselves open to Aberdeen catching us, which is piss poor and not good enough, we played without motivation or passion today.

Next up, Dundee United at Easter Road West, fuck only knows what will happen, I feel a bit cheated today.

Hibernian Forever!
Biggest surprise to me is that you still have the motivation to report on that crap. Pity the players cant be as motivated.
Seems crazy we have guys like David Gray sitting half the season on the sidelines without a whiff of a game while players with half his talent or effort levels play week after week. Least he would be up at that 18 yard line all the way from defence looking for an opening.

Dont know why supporters feel we should relax in the league, if we fall to 4th and dont win the cup, we will be struggling yet again with europe

Watching fitba on a stream from an empty stadium is as flat as a fart. Presumably playing fitba in an empty stadium is also flat as a fart and unlikely to bring out the best in players. I'm not going to get too wound up about the insipid performances this season. My hunch would be that nearly every team is having similar moans.

If we shit the bed, don't finish third and win the cup, Jack should go. Getting beat of Hearts and the Saints was woeful enough, this would be the cherry on top. We've needed a leader for fuck knows how long now? Not a fucking leader in sight. Obviously Jack isn't doing it either.

I think hes a decent enough defender, but not as good as he thinks he is hence the constant mistakes, of which todays was the worst so far.
The annoying part was that he had won the ball with a strong challenge.....
The next part was boot it into the East....

He lacks awareness and his concentration goes at crucial times during games. That's fatal for a central defender in the top league. Much of this however is due to the fact that he is still young and still learning the position. No way is he ready yet for English football, but I suspect his head has been turned and knows there are offers ready to be made and he wants to impress potential suitors.

Like yourself, I think he is a good, solid young defender, but I just think he believes he is better than he is and he tries things that a more experienced defender with better awareness and concentration would not even think about trying. The problem is that in the position he plays in if you make a mistake at this level it usually leads to a goal being conceded. We just can't afford that at this crucial time, and it's happened too often with Porteous this season. However I am a firm advocate of the belief that teams win and lose together. Yes, it was another bad error from him, but the team had 80 odd minutes to score an equaliser or a winner and never at any stage looked capable of doing so.

Because of our small squad, it has meant that more or less the same players have been playing most weeks this season. There are clear signs of fatigue showing, and that leads to errors and the team looking lethargic. It's very concerning, and Jack Ross really is going to have to prove himself over the next few games.

I know many fans have been distracted by the cup and with the huns going out excitement and expectations have risen accordingly. This puts huge pressure on the manager and the players especially with us having blown two semis already this season. If only we could have just wrapped up third it would have made such a difference, as it stands we have now lost two of of our top six games whereas Aberdeen have won two, and came within seconds of beating Celtic.

I think the players have also been distracted and now have two things to focus on rather than the one thing as Aberdeen have. Thanks to Hibs frailties, the momentum for third place is definitely now with Aberdeen in the run in, however as I said earlier I think we will just make it on goal difference.

He can’t come out and say that - he’s already stated that third and a trophy was the goal.

Absolutely. I'm an overall fan of Jack Ross. However, he's mentioned quite a few times the achievement of reaching the two previous semi finals. Personally I don't think for a club of Hibs stature it's right that anyone associated with it, views reaching a semi final, and losing to a Hearts in a lower league, or a then struggling St Johnstone, is an achievement.

Similarly he keeps banging on about how long it's been since we finished third. We all know as a club we've hugely under achieved In our finished league position. However, Aberdeen have struggled all season. Fans and owner in uproar at how garbage they've been. So much so their pretty successful overall manager has been sacked. One goal in ten games... And here we are with two games to go giving them the scent of blood.

Finishing third will be fantastic. To not do so this season with how it's unfolded would be pretty disastrous.

Today was a real disappointment and the sort of game Hibs make an arse of far too often.

I don't want to take away anything from St Johnstone though. Their form in 2021 is incredible. Only Rangers and Celtic have beaten them this year and a lot of that is down to discipline and coaching so I don't think the changes they made today effected that too much. As horrible as it is, a five man defence and the ability to pounce on whatever scraps you can get in a game works in this league.

Third is still likely, Aberdeen would need to beat us and take something off Rangers, the Cup will be tough if its us and St J in the final though, our defence are worse than theirs and its going to be decided by the first goal.

Last edited:
One of the most frustrating things for me this season has been our home form, tactics and performances. Away from home we've taken as many points as Celtic (33 points) which is a great effort tbh. Next best are St Johnstone and Aberdeen on 24 points for perspective. At Easter road we've only taken 26 points wheras Celtic and Aberdeen have taken 40 and 32 points at home respectively. Anything close to that, we really could have reasonably expected around 35 imo, and we'd have had 3rd place sewn up.

Tactically at ER Ive been very disapointed in how we've set up, the opposition all know if they sit deep and leave no room in behind we will struggle. The ball is passed around laterally too often with the central midfieders taking far too many touches, slowing the game down. Stop us from scoring first and wait for us to shoot ourselves in the foot has seemed to be the none too subtle and relatively successful tactic used against us. We then often run out of ideas and shell long diagonals from our own half to a well marked Doidge...similar to yesterday which was meat and drink to St Johnstone. The one player who could maybe have provided inspiration in the final third in the closing minutes of games was loaned out to get game time and improve his match fitness which was understandable but given our meagre resources perhaps not particularly far sighted.

Do we lack the squad depth to change up our game plan? Yes imo..its a major contributory factor..there was nothing on the bench yesterday (especially midfielders but also strikers) that we needed tbh. We are a perfectly functional counter attacking side but we lack the players with a bit of guile (especially in midfield) who can break the lines and make a telling, quick pass. The midfield players brought in (Wright, Irvine, Gogic, Magennis) either aren't the kind of player who will break down packed defences or have yet to show anything in a Hibs jersey that would make me want to keep them next season.

Lets hope the remaining SC games are open cup ties or I fear we will struggle to adapt our game plan again.

Just watched it. Flat as a witches tit. I sincerely hope that yesterday gives the players the kick up the arse they need to get the rest of this season over the line. If it was down to me I would bench Porto and play Daz next weekend. He came back more focussed after his last time on the sidelines.

Yesterday was pish, it was torture.
But, I find the criticism of JR embarrassing.He doesn’t coach Porto to pass to opponents on the edge of our box. He doesn’t I’m sure, suggest to Irvine and Newell that they should disappear in parts. Let’s not forget, Lennon left us with a poorer team than he inherited. Our team is made up of journeymen and youngsters.
What makes a good player a great player is usually consistency. Great players produce every week. The SPL is full of good players, if they were great, they quite simply wouldn’t be here for longer than a season. I agree, Hibs should comfortably have 3rd place tied up, and our cup draws have been favourable, but we were a Nisbet penalty , and Murphy tap in , away from being in two finals. JR basically picks the team most people would most match days. He gives youth a shot, and appears to have a happy squad.
The mentality around ER has been beyond poor for my whole 50 years, with relegations and numerous bottom half of the table finishes. For Hibs fans to react , like this is all at JR door is baffling. Where the fuck have they been?
Our current talisman was signed from Forest Green fucking Rovers ffs.
I am not some happy clapper. I want the best for Hibs, I regularly criticise all aspects of our club, and I am driven mad by our lack of belief and achievements.
Sadly, great managers or players are not banging on our door wanting in , and any inside who flourish, just bang on the door wanting out.
I think Hibs fans should back JR, there are signs IMO we are heading in the right direction.

A dreadful result and performance today against a St Johnstone team who know how to stop us. Doesn't help when our centre half gifts them their winning goal. Six years now since Hibs last beat St Johnstone at Easter Road. Far too much complacency today from Hibs.

As I have mentioned before, we have been quite fortunate this season with injuries to our strikers. We lost Nisbet today, and surprise surprise we struggle to create anything and don't even look like scoring. Our squad is ridiculously thin, but if you believe the official line, this is what the manager prefers to work with. The downside with that of course is that when we are hit with injuries to key players we struggle badly and start losing games. We are reliant on Boyle, Nisbet and Doidge for goals. Our midfield needs completely changed for next season in my opinion. In away matches when we play our natural counter-attacking game it's fine, but at home when we need to dominate possession, move the ball quickly, and create chances and score goals it has been found wanting far too often this season.

The big beneficiaries today of course are Aberdeen. They now have only one thing to focus on...catching Hibs for third place. Whereas Hibs have two, and one or two of our key players have started picking up injuries at exactly the wrong time. Aberdeen gambled in the cup with a new defensive formation against Dundee United and were beaten easily. They have now reverted to type and are grinding out wins in the league in their normal way. Hibs have now handed them the chance to pip us for third. I think we will just about scrape it on goal difference, but it is going to be very, very close. It actually really could go either way now, which is disgraceful when you consider how strong a position we were in.

Next week-end's cup semi worries me. We have high expectations, and that's what concerns me the most. As a club we have always struggled massively with high expectation levels in big matches against smaller clubs. We do not cope well at all with the favourites tag, particularly at Hampden. Please for once just do it when it matters Hibs.

The smaller squad quote worries me, we have players who are not consistent enough, McGinn, Newell, Jackson, Magennis, Wright, we are going to lose Nisbet, Porto in the summer and possibly Doig too, the manager is offering deals to players who are mentioned above like Newell, Jackson etc it is simply not good enough, the manager has one formation and teams have worked that out therefore we do well to draw, then you have other players who aren’t good enough either who are on loan or injured more than being fit....What a fucking mess, instead of spending good money on technology etc, put it more into the team and replace the manager also.

The smaller squad quote worries me, we have players who are not consistent enough, McGinn, Newell, Jackson, Magennis, Wright, we are going to lose Nisbet, Porto in the summer and possibly Doig too, the manager is offering deals to players who are mentioned above like Newell, Jackson etc it is simply not good enough, the manager has one formation and teams have worked that out therefore we do well to draw, then you have other players who aren’t good enough either who are on loan or injured more than being fit....What a fucking mess, instead of spending good money on technology etc, put it more into the team and replace the manager also.
What a fucking mess? We're third and in the Scottish Cup semi final. For a fucking mess, see our pink neighbours.
Four (hopefully) games to go. Can we wait a wee bit before ripping everything and everything to shreds?

What a fucking mess? We're third and in the Scottish Cup semi final. For a fucking mess, see our pink neighbours.
Four (hopefully) games to go. Can we wait a wee bit before ripping everything and everything to shreds?

Aye it is a fucking mess, I have no confidence in Ross and especially next week either his track record speaks volumes.

Pink neighbours that beat us you mean....

It's amazing... a week ago, gonna win the cup.
This week, we're shite have no players and Jack is pish.

Still third, still made the three semis.

Performances in those big games should land at the players feet.

Let’s face facts here if Aberdeen didnt lose a few players in the January window we wouldnt be finishing third this season.
How we gave Mallen,Allan and Gullan out in loan was mad.
We don’t have anyone who can come of the bench yesterday to change the game or formation.
Imagine ever thinking St Johnstone bringing better subs on and we have on the bench.
Why is it when we go behind we never look like scoring or creating chances.
When we go 1or 2 up and it’s backs against the wall and teams create plenty good chances against us.
Anyway hope all goes well next Saturday GGTTH

Time to evaluate the entire season though isn't until the season is over. And it's far from over. Beginning of the season all of us would have taken to be in this position early May.

Three points ahead of the sheep with a better goal difference with only two games to play.

And in the Scottish Cup semi finals with Dundee United, St Mirren & St Johnstone the others in our path.....

Keep The Faith. GGTTH. Bring it on!! 💚

Im glad I didnae watch it now. Spent the day in Glasgow, and that's another matter. We struggle against St Johnstone, but don't seem to have something in our toolkit in these instances. Try something different Hibs, if Boyler's marked oot I the game, go through the middle....

Im glad I didnae watch it now. Spent the day in Glasgow, and that's another matter. We struggle against St Johnstone, but don't seem to have something in our toolkit in these instances. Try something different Hibs, if Boyler's marked oot I the game, go through the middle....

Agreed, but, without Nisbet in the middle, or Murphy available, we don't have that off shoulder or between the lines movement. Newell and Jackson have shown they can pick out those runs, but thats not a Doidge game.
So instead we should be overloading the box, Jackson will break forward but Newell won't, Boyle stays on the outside of those situations to pick up rebounds or half clearances and Wright I can't get into.

We needed another striker. You never need 2 target men, but you always need a backup with mobility skills.

All season we've had no genuine balance across the squad, originally it wasn't even in the starting 11. We've addressed some of those issues, which gives me some confidence we'll continue to do so in the summer and I'm pretty positive about us being better next year.

I do think we made a mistake with Mallan and/or Allan both going out. Gullan too. Outside of Wright and Magennis, who was one of the first signings, everyone has been positive, or adds something else to the team.
I liked the idea of Magennis but he's definitely not being played in a natural position 90% of the team.
Hes shown a willingness to shoot from outside the box when he's played in the middle, I think he's a squad player next year but was probably expected to start this year.

Reactions: Zab
Expect the worse and anything better is a massive win.
4th place and made it to semis isn't horrible I guess 🤣

He lacks awareness and his concentration goes at crucial times during games. That's fatal for a central defender in the top league. Much of this however is due to the fact that he is still young and still learning the position. No way is he ready yet for English football, but I suspect his head has been turned and knows there are offers ready to be made and he wants to impress potential suitors.

Like yourself, I think he is a good, solid young defender, but I just think he believes he is better than he is and he tries things that a more experienced defender with better awareness and concentration would not even think about trying. The problem is that in the position he plays in if you make a mistake at this level it usually leads to a goal being conceded. We just can't afford that at this crucial time, and it's happened too often with Porteous this season. However I am a firm advocate of the belief that teams win and lose together. Yes, it was another bad error from him, but the team had 80 odd minutes to score an equaliser or a winner and never at any stage looked capable of doing so.

Because of our small squad, it has meant that more or less the same players have been playing most weeks this season. There are clear signs of fatigue showing, and that leads to errors and the team looking lethargic. It's very concerning, and Jack Ross really is going to have to prove himself over the next few games.

I know many fans have been distracted by the cup and with the huns going out excitement and expectations have risen accordingly. This puts huge pressure on the manager and the players especially with us having blown two semis already this season. If only we could have just wrapped up third it would have made such a difference, as it stands we have now lost two of of our top six games whereas Aberdeen have won two, and came within seconds of beating Celtic.

I think the players have also been distracted and now have two things to focus on rather than the one thing as Aberdeen have. Thanks to Hibs frailties, the momentum for third place is definitely now with Aberdeen in the run in, however as I said earlier I think we will just make it on goal difference.

Ryan needs a Yogi type player in that defense to help him progress. He's a tough young laddie and having someone boot him up the arse and shout about it would actually help his development IMO. Not a peep from Hanlon though.

In any walk of life if you continually make rash and clumsy mistakes at work sooner or later you’d be in trouble,told to buck your ideas up or your out which I’m sure the board hope to make a few quid on him any way at the end of the season anyway

Ryan needs a Yogi type player in that defense to help him progress. He's a tough young laddie and having someone boot him up the arse and shout about it would actually help his development IMO. Not a peep from Hanlon though.
Ryan's best football was played alongside Efe.

The funny thing is, most of the shouting was Ryan AT Efe!
He was giving him dogs abuse at the game in Runavik.

Efe was class. A joy to watch, and let’s say kept us all interested 😳. He gave away a few goals, but prevented dozens more. I was gutted when he left. I had the pleasure of talking to him just after it was announced he was leaving. He spoke fondly of Hibs, and stated he wanted to stay. I assume money was the issue, but I’m pretty sure we offered him more than he gets now.

Efe was class. A joy to watch, and let’s say kept us all interested 😳. He gave away a few goals, but prevented dozens more. I was gutted when he left. I had the pleasure of talking to him just after it was announced he was leaving. He spoke fondly of Hibs, and stated he wanted to stay. I assume money was the issue, but I’m pretty sure we offered him more than he gets now.

I think we got him right at the end of his best and probably left at the right time, he barely kicked a ball after that and since he's been up here it's not been glorious.

I did enjoy Efe, we was here, right place, right time kinda deal.

Time to evaluate the entire season though isn't until the season is over. And it's far from over. Beginning of the season all of us would have taken to be in this position early May.

Three points ahead of the sheep with a better goal difference with only two games to play.

And in the Scottish Cup semi finals with Dundee United, St Mirren & St Johnstone the others in our path.....

Keep The Faith. GGTTH. Bring it on!! 💚
Spot on blue fella.
I think we will beat United on Saturday, in fact I think that’s where the players mind was yesterday. Not an excuse, just an observation.
Hibs fans just now seem to be feast or famine. One week JR and the team are the dugs danglies, the next we are worse than Butcher and his bottlers.
Fukin bizarre behaviour.

This thread has been viewed 10713 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back