Just back and that was frankly poor

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
The feeling seems to run through much of the support.
Ross has to go.

Sacking Ross when we are sitting 4th would be beyond madness.

Do you honestly think we'd replace him with a manager that would never get suckered by Celtic or lose to Aberdeen or draw with St Johnstone again?

This stuff is par for the course, and we can criticise each game individualy, but taking results collectively we are moving forwards. All during the most bizarre of seasons.

Ross has to go?! Absolutely bonkers chat.

madhibee

Well-Known Radge
Mallan and Newell typified the lacklustre overall performance. Both have attributes but they cannot play as the central midfield 2. Too soft and too passive, jogging about without drive or purpose.

We miss Scott Allan in there and we miss an in form Martin Boyle; he has just not been himself this season bar the first few games. His drop in form coincides with his new contract. He needs dropped to try and reignite some fire inside him, IMO.
Passive and lacking drive basically defines our midfield and has done since the McGinn/Dylan/Fyvie/Allan era. I’ve banged on about it often enough but it’s this passiveness and lack of midfield leadership which is hurting us massively. Gogic has been a great signing and does the dirty work, but he’s not going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward.

Maybe harsh on the players but our midfield screams acceptance of defeat when we go a goal down (I get saying that after pulling it back last night may be strange). Newell, Mallan, Hallberg none of these guys look fussed when we lose a goal, there’s a shrug, an acceptance rather than someone stepping up as a leader, someone picking up the ball and driving us forward, showing the rest of the team defeat isn’t acceptable.

Boyband has been banded about again recently, and whilst I’m not sure we’re back there, we’re too nice, too passive. If Newell and Mallan both left, I wouldn’t be overly fussed.

Admin

Do you honestly think we'd replace him with a manager that would never get suckered by Celtic or lose to Aberdeen or draw with St Johnstone again?

This stuff is par for the course, and we can criticise each game individualy, but taking results collectively we are moving forwards. All during the most bizarre of seasons.

Absolutely. We are fourth and have some good players. We draw to much and lack in a few areas but to suggest he has to go is plain daft.

Dub

Hibernian, Hibernian Ra Ra Radge
Agree pretty much with all of that. Mackie did well defending but was caught out of position a lot when he tried and failed to get past a man. I'm not criticising him for trying and failing because I would rather he did than didn't and it didn't cost us but just making that point.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Agree pretty much with all of that. Mackie did well defending but was caught out of position a lot when he tried and failed to get past a man. I'm not criticising him for trying and failing because I would rather he did than didn't and it didn't cost us but just making that point.

Now we have two capable left backs does this mean Stevenson is surplus to requirement?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge

So we wait for a string of dodgy results ....like last nights...., and when were lying 8th -9th in the league, then something gets done?

The Family

Capital Radge
We have went from being solid at the back to now shipping too many goals, this was always the case with us previously that I thought finally we had corrected. The midfield needs addressing we are far too weak, you have both Mallan and Newell passing side to side or back the way, they lost the midfield battle, Mallan turning his back on his marker, not ruthless enough in the tackle either. Then Ross takes off the only player that gives us that steel in the midfield when it should have been Mallan off, Boyle has been pish for weeks now, he made one great run ghosting past two or three of them but that is nowhere near enough for 90mins, should have been hooked for Gullan earlier, seemingly he is pish in training to, so what does our players have to do to get dropped, Nesbitt was to isolated, the one up front pish doesn’t work around these players. We were bang on average last night, it wasn’t good enough and needs to improve ASAP as other teams are catching up. Felt sorry for Big Daz last night we know he isn’t the quickest but he got no support from the other two last night. Big mistake not bringing in a centre half as one injury and we look bang average at the back and start to panic too easily.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Boyle has been pish for weeks now, he made one great run ghosting past two or three of them but that is nowhere near enough for 90mins, should have been hooked for Gullan earlier, seemingly he is pish in training to, so what does our players have to do to get dropped

Wheres this pish in training coming from?

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Error ridden, and uncreative. Takes a defender (not a regular score in his career I don't think) to stick the ball in the net.

Maybe not quite at turgid shite stage yet, but definitely tedium.

Pretty sure I saw a dozen or so cardboard cut-outs sneaking out with 20 still to go.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
So we wait for a string of dodgy results ....like last nights...., and when were lying 8th -9th in the league, then something gets done?

That's how it works, yeah, but unless you have a crystal ball you've no way of knowing the scenario you've painted will happen.

If we can be sitting where we are in the table while navigating a blip in the road I'm happy to be patient.

We have had a bit of a bumpy ride in the last month or so, but the fact the manager is tinkering with formations to address that instead of just sticking to his guns is a reason to be positive for me.

Do you really want to be like those Hearts fans that flew a plane over Tynecastle because they couldn't get over losing a derby they were favourites in? Or the Aberdeen fans that hate Derek McInnes for finishing in the top three season after season?

We are four points behind Celtic. Have a bit of perspective.

I think too many people think they are Mystic Meg because they've watched Sunderland til I Die.

Last edited:

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Agreed Doig is raw and Mackie is still proving himself but still have shown they are capable to play that role. We don't need 3 left backs and if it helps bring in another centre back I'm all for it.
Lewis still has something to offer. Would be mental going with the two young lads. If we are looking to generate cash to invest punt Doidge & Boyle. And if we are looking to save on wages empty Hallberg, Mallan, McGregor and Sir David.... Gunts are out the league and we should be PROPERLY kicking on. Results have thankfully been better than performance's.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
It won't come to that. However, us out the top 4 this season will not be accepted.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Lewis still has something to offer. Would be mental going with the two young lads. If we are looking to generate cash to invest punt Doidge & Boyle. And if we are looking to save on wages empty Hallberg, Mallan, McGregor and Sir David.... Gunts are out the league and we should be PROPERLY kicking on. Results have thankfully been better than performance's.

You'd be mental to sell Doidge and Boyle. I get what your saying by bringing in the cash but to replace them would be difficult.

Stevenson, Mallan, Hallberg could easily leave to free up space for guys that would contribute better. Would also get rid of McGregor and Gray but with McGregor only centre back we have as back up I doubt that will happen.

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Passive and lacking drive basically defines our midfield and has done since the McGinn/Dylan/Fyvie/Allan era. I’ve banged on about it often enough but it’s this passiveness and lack of midfield leadership which is hurting us massively. Gogic has been a great signing and does the dirty work, but he’s not going to grab a game by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward.

Maybe harsh on the players but our midfield screams acceptance of defeat when we go a goal down (I get saying that after pulling it back last night may be strange). Newell, Mallan, Hallberg none of these guys look fussed when we lose a goal, there’s a shrug, an acceptance rather than someone stepping up as a leader, someone picking up the ball and driving us forward, showing the rest of the team defeat isn’t acceptable.

Boyband has been banded about again recently, and whilst I’m not sure we’re back there, we’re too nice, too passive. If Newell and Mallan both left, I wouldn’t be overly fussed.
We don't have the player you describe in our team never mind in midfield . Mo leader at all

IAmLee

Just A Radge
Just plucked up the courage to look at this, was too disgusted after the game. We were rubbish defensively, apparently we see Doig as a future centre half, why not bring him on then? Replace a left sider for a left sider!! All through the game our players hid from the ball and I felt the manager was dying to get back to his dire 4-4-2! Doidge was posted missing as soon as he came on sadly. Hoping he’ll stick to the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 but with Gullan replacing Boyler (he looks in desperate need of a rest) and Magennis or Halberg replacing Mallan. Don’t hold out much hope though.....