• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that was a hard fought draw

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Usual rules apply, I was in the front row of the back section of the stand, people standing on the walkway in front of me the whole game, ignorant twats, no reruns,. no replays, no pundits insights so bear with anything I may have missed.

I got back to the car after the game, stuck the radio and massed pundits were eulogising about the match, two good teams, two great keepers, lots of chances and it might of went either way. I agree with all of that. Lets start as to why we did not dominate. It was simple, no JDH meant Kyle Magennis playing deep, he didnae like it, it didnae work for Hibs, we changed it at half time and we challenged more in midfield because of it. Boyler will need power hosed after the game. he has at least two gunts on him wherever he went and he swapped positions constantly, two skittery farts followed him everywhere, he still shook them free to get two of our best chances, both saved by the plooky streak of pish in goal. Nissy chose today to have a duff one, he offered very little and when he did, it went wrong, right up until his peach of a shot with five to go.

What did work, well, we came away with a point, might have had three, the back three of Porto, McGinn and Hanlon worked well, Cadden looked decent and Josh was fine against his old employers. Joe Newell was immense and the subtle tweak of introducing much maligned Gogic brought us right into the game. Then there was Matt Macey who had a handful of wonder saves, better even than the jambofud in their goal. Best I have seen Macey play for Hibs.

The sparryheeds have improved, but not by much, still love a hoof through the middle and are powder-puff up front. Enough about them though.

So, to the team

Matt Macey was wonderful, superb performance today. Look forward to watching the highlights, to see his saves at the other end of the ground.

Paul McGinn played well as part of a three, indeed, he generally does play well when we go with a three.

Porto was immense again, he has been superb this season. I learned today that was his first game for the first team at the Guntery, is that true?

It was a welcome return for Paul Hanlon, we rarely lost goals when Paul plays, funny that eh? Looked like he nearly scored an OG though, will need to see that one again.

Chris Cadden started at right half and did fine, a couple of good runs at the puddledrinkers. Weirdly spend a fair bit of the second half playing in Murph's position on the left and done fine.

Josh Doig played left half and he too done fine against the dafties that released him.

Joe Newell started as a defensive midfielder with Kyle Magennis, Kyle didnae enjoy playing there, Joe did, I thought he was first class today. Was less impressed with the time wasting with five to go, although he may have been told to do that?

Kyle Magennis had a poor first half for me, but was much improved when Alex Gogic came on at half time and it allowed Kyle to play in behind Nissy, where he plays his best fitba.

James Scott didnae really get going for me and looked like he was playing out of position and he didnae really know what to day about it?

Boyler really was marked constantly, no matter what he done. He had a great chance end of the first and again end of the second, the jambofud made two good saves.

That is the worst I have seen Nissy play in a Hibs shirt, he got most things badly wrong, looked annoyed at himself, although he nearly made up for it with a wonderful strike over Jambofuds head and the bar at the end.

The Subs

I thought Gogic coming on for half time balanced our midfield better and the much maligned Gogic played well and had two decent half chances. His introduction stopped Bangintome influencing the game as much.

Drey Wright replaced a shattered Cadden with 5 to go. I know why Jack brought Drey on but I am not sure Drey brought much to the party?

I thought maybe, just maybe Scottie for Magennis with ten to go may have been a masterstroke. It wasn't to be.

The Boss

It shows Jack can change things when its not working. Whilst we played better fitba, the Gunts midfield over ran us. He sorted that with the swap of Scott for Gogic, we needed it to release Magennis further forward. It shows how the loss of one player can change the whole shape of how we play, we missed JDH today.

The referee was fine, he let the game flow and limited the bookings to just Newell and Cockstain.

The Puddledrinkers, well, Spotty was superb, they actually gave us a game and fitba broke out in their ranks a couple of times, but they are and always will be maroon and white shite. I hope the three ends giving 'The Billy Boys' a blast came over on TV. There is more than the Big Huns in this country, the wee ones were giving it 'billy-oh' today.

The Hibs fans were magic, noisy, many pretty pished and we got behind the team from start to finish. I think we impressed the newer players in the team, they looked it at the end of the game as they came to receive the applause of a packed Roseburn end. It was good to say hello to Smurf, Mr & Mrs WJC1848, Shrink, SKII and son and son of South West Hibby. Disappointed with the shite seats given to the away season ticket holders though.

Man of Match, easy, Matt Macey, superb performance. Plaudits for McGinn, Porto, Cadden and Newell too.

Next up is St Mirren, kick off 3pm next Saturday, yes, you got it, a 3pm kick off on a Saturday efty. Who'da thunk it?

Hibernian Forever!

You saw it the same as me even with twats in the gangway and no replays!
Decent performance.
Think Cadden played well when he needed too, look forward to seeing him fully fit and playing a whole game.
Good point, good performance.
Still unbeaten.

Can't disagree with a word of that from my seat in front of the telly. Thanks as always for the report.

PS Barrie Mackay, glad we didnae sign him, he is a right funny looking fucker. The boy has got a blonde bob?

PS Barrie Mackay, glad we didnae sign him, he is a right funny looking fucker. The boy has got a blonde bob?

He looks like a Gorgie Jack Grealish, glad we never signed the wee weirdo!

Excellent report , I thought we defended well today. MOM was Porto for me , the laddie was a rock. Well done tae him. Macey close second .

Excellent summary Mark and aye, Macey made a great save fae Hanlon, who I thought had a good game today as well as your picks. That’s the best game Macey had in a Hibs jersey btw, well done Matt.

Agree with all of that.
Macey made a really good save from Paul Hanlon, ball bounced up and Paul tried to knee it away, almost into the top corner!
More than one game now Macey has shown he can make big saves and stand his ground 1v1

An even game all round and taking a point at Tymefritzl is never a bad thing.
Either team could've won today if not for some top goalkeeping either side.
Draw was fair.

Look forward to getting back into my seat next weekend! Bring it on.

Reactions: Zab
Can’t disagree with this. Watching on a dodgy stream and listening to Hibs TV while fitting fire doors. A couple of thoughts - I thought some of Joe Newell’s tackling was sublime but he would then let himself down with poor distribution. Needs to work on that.

I think Porto took a couple of risks early on but got telt to knuckle down by Paul who was a steadying influence. (The near own goal wasn’t really Paul’s fault either).

Alex has obviously been working on his shooting and was unlucky although the first one at least was on his left foot so not too shabby.

Josh Doig nearly cost us a goal ball watching as a cross came in - not for the first time. He toiled up and down that wing all day but felt he didn’t link up with Scott particularly well - I did find myself wondering if we’d see a swap for Mr Dependable in the second half until I realised he wasn’t even on the bench. What was the story there?

Based on performances so far this season and exemplified today I'd say that Nisbet, Doig and Porto are players I'm delighted to have in the team, but who look like this is roughly the right level for them. None of them look to me like they're head and shoulders above and don't belong in this league.

Not sure how this will look on phones, but some numbers to go alongside

Most surprising for me is Boyle only getting 27 touches of the ball.

Hibs summary.png

Hibs defensive.pngHibs offensive.pngHibs passing.png

Not sure how this will look on phones, but some numbers to go alongside

Most surprising for me is Boyle only getting 27 touches of the ball.

View attachment 6617

View attachment 6614View attachment 6615View attachment 6616
Purple & Green now has a contract out on you...

Paul Hanlon has good stats for someone who only gets a game because he’s a nice bloke. If you didn’t know he was shite you could almost be conned into believing he’s a mainstay of the team

And on the subject of mistaken beliefs, I see Robbie Replay thinks the Gunts are ‘joint second’ rather than third.
They never fail to amuse me.

Small thing about the people of the gangway in the middle was we were down at the side of the blue tarped off area and hearts had sold tickets for under it. People came down to sit there and were told by the police that they weren't sitting there and to go elsewhere

A hertz version of Jack Grealish?

Twenty minutes late to the game!Stupid me I thought getting the bus at 11 in Sleigh drive was plenty of time.Thought it was two evenly matched teams, which shows why we're both near the top of the table(which I havnae looked at).Didnae realise Gogic only came on at half time,I was that flusterred of being late and then not finding my seat until half time.Game of two goalies,the outfield players played well enough with no finished product.Not often I come away from Tynie thinking 'that was a good game' but it was.
As an aside my biggest dissapointment is in some of our songs.Ok Wallace Mercer was a Tory scumbag ,he wanted to close down our side.But is a song about someone watching him die of a brain heamorage funny?Maybe I have lost my sense of humour and should lighten up.Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I actually watched my dad die of a brain heamorrage and wasnae laughing? Anyway that's by the by,pleased to come away from that place with a point.
Just back a wee while ago as the bus service back was even worse than the one there.

A hertz version of Jack Grealish?
1631464479032.png

A good point today. There were all sorts of reasons why a defeat would have been a momentum killer for us. Not to mention those who are waiting for a bad result to slate Jack Ross (who I still think is conjouring miracles given the squad he's been provided to work with and the loss of several players to injury and illness). He must look ruefully at the money the gunts have spunked and wondered what he could achieve with that level of backing.

We played well in a couple of short spells and the chances we created were well saved by Gordon. When we didn't play so well we dug in and I think most players could say they played their part today. Was surprised to see Scott being praised at half time..I thought he looked lost and Gogic did well in place of him..all be it in a different role. I'm far from convinced with Scott tbh but it's early days.

A very assured performance from Macey..he can really kick on from that and hopefully silence the doubters. Really happy we showed some minerals and battled thru the injuries and illness to get a point. I bet a few of ours are sore tonight after that. No doubt a few played with knocks or being below match fit.

Thanks Mark, really interesting write up.

Was surprised to see Scott being praised at half time..I thought he looked lost

I think it was more to do with him taking attention from their structure due to popping up in random places more so than what he was actually doing with his time on the park.
Accurate passing today though, but definitely out of position and not effective. Rightly subbed.

A good point today. There were all sorts of reasons why a defeat would have been a momentum killer for us. Not to mention those who are waiting for a bad result to slate Jack Ross (who I still think is conjouring miracles given the squad he's been provided to work with and the loss of several players to injury and illness). He must look ruefully at the money the gunts have spunked and wondered what he could achieve with that level of backing.

We played well in a couple of short spells and the chances we created were well saved by Gordon. When we didn't play so well we dug in and I think most players could say they played their part today. Was surprised to see Scott being praised at half time..I thought he looked lost and Gogic did well in place of him..all be it in a different role. I'm far from convinced with Scott tbh but it's early days.

A very assured performance from Macey..he can really kick on from that and hopefully silence the doubters.
Really happy we showed some minerals and battled thru the injuries and illness to get a point. I bet a few of ours are sore tonight after that. No doubt a few played with knocks or being below match fit.
I’m the same with Scott but I was the same with Macey, today’s performance has made me a bit happier about him, hopefully Scott in the weeks tae come can do the same.

Here's a prediction for you.Both teams will get top 6 this year.In fact, both teams will get a European spot.

Here's a prediction for you.Both teams will get top 6 this year.In fact, both teams will get a European spot.
I reckon both will be top four. Aberdeen struggling, I fancy St J for bottom two. Motherwell fifth imo.

Don't care what they do as long as they don't beat us in the process.
The boy from Everton looks a good player though.

As an aside my biggest dissapointment is in some of our songs.Ok Wallace Mercer was a Tory scumbag ,he wanted to close down our side.But is a song about someone watching him die of a brain heamorage funny?
Is there a new song about someone watching him die of a brain haemorrhage or are you just talking about the 'wallace mercer is deid and we're no' song?

If it's the latter then sorry but I will sing that song every time we play the gunts. I reckon it's been a long time since any of the mercer family have attended a derby so doubt we're casting up bad memories for anyone.

The man was a horrible piece of work and you know what, he is deid and we're no.

Great report @1875 and can tell you are happy to see live footy again, even at that dump.

We huffed a bit, the puffed a bit and neither fell down. Felt strangely more calm inside as if I knew they wouldn't score. Until the last 5 natch!

A hurdle taken and delighred that f@#$er GMS didn't (quite) breach our defense for a change.

20210912_185827.jpg

Cheers Mark.
Im a bit concerned about Doig, he hasn’t kicked a ball for over a month. Seems to have lost all confidence. The laddie looks like he could do with a wee shot on the bench.
I thought Hibs lacked patience in any build up we had and resorted to the punt too often, which just kept giving away possession. Still a decent performance which could have went either way. I thought Cadden done well considering how long he has been out.
The gunts looked ok , and even tried to play a bit Fitba at times. They will however have a whole rebuild on next season as half the team are loans.
That McKay is a weird looking fecker. Born to be a gunt.

I’m the same with Scott but I was the same with Macey, today’s performance has made me a bit happier about him, hopefully Scott in the weeks tae come can do the same.
My concern (and I'm not slating him just giving my honest early opinion) with Scott is that it's not immediately apparent from watching him 3 or 4 times what our scouts have seen. He is tidy enough but doesn't really seem to affect games in a meaningful way ( so far). I don't see where he fits in to our current system or compliments the players we have.A goal or two in the next few weeks would go a long way to helping him setlle down imo.

With Macey I hadn't really noticed any issues, other than he won't come for crosses, I think he will be fine for us. Keeping a clean sheet and making vital saves today should help his and the defences confidence.

Cheers M. Much appreciated 👏👏

My concern (and I'm not slating him just giving my honest early opinion) with Scott is that it's not immediately apparent from watching him 3 or 4 times what our scouts have seen. He is tidy enough but doesn't really seem to affect games in a meaningful way ( so far). I don't see where he fits in to our current system or compliments the players we have.A goal or two in the next few weeks would go a long way to helping him setlle down imo.

With Macey I hadn't really noticed any issues, other than he won't come for crosses, I think he will be fine for us. Keeping a clean sheet and making vital saves today should help his and the defences confidence.
Aye re Scott, got to give him a few games tae get up tae speed with the game up here, here’s hoping anyway.

Is there a new song about someone watching him die of a brain haemorrhage or are you just talking about the 'wallace mercer is deid and we're no' song?

If it's the latter then sorry but I will sing that song every time we play the gunts. I reckon it's been a long time since any of the mercer family have attended a derby so doubt we're casting up bad memories for anyone.

The man was a horrible piece of work and you know what, he is deid and we're no.
It's hardly a new song.I've heard it at a few derbies now.

Oh well as the Clash said 'I fought the draw and the draw won'-no they didnae.

Usual rules apply, I was in the front row of the back section of the stand, people standing on the walkway in front of me the whole game, ignorant twats, no reruns,. no replays, no pundits insights so bear with anything I may have missed.

I got back to the car after the game, stuck the radio and massed pundits were eulogising about the match, two good teams, two great keepers, lots of chances and it might of went either way. I agree with all of that. Lets start as to why we did not dominate. It was simple, no JDH meant Kyle Magennis playing deep, he didnae like it, it didnae work for Hibs, we changed it at half time and we challenged more in midfield because of it. Boyler will need power hosed after the game. he has at least two gunts on him wherever he went and he swapped positions constantly, two skittery farts followed him everywhere, he still shook them free to get two of our best chances, both saved by the plooky streak of pish in goal. Nissy chose today to have a duff one, he offered very little and when he did, it went wrong, right up until his peach of a shot with five to go.

What did work, well, we came away with a point, might have had three, the back three of Porto, McGinn and Hanlon worked well, Cadden looked decent and Josh was fine against his old employers. Joe Newell was immense and the subtle tweak of introducing much maligned Gogic brought us right into the game. Then there was Matt Macey who had a handful of wonder saves, better even than the jambofud in their goal. Best I have seen Macey play for Hibs.

The sparryheeds have improved, but not by much, still love a hoof through the middle and are powder-puff up front. Enough about them though.

So, to the team

Matt Macey was wonderful, superb performance today. Look forward to watching the highlights, to see his saves at the other end of the ground.

Paul McGinn played well as part of a three, indeed, he generally does play well when we go with a three.

Porto was immense again, he has been superb this season. I learned today that was his first game for the first team at the Guntery, is that true?

It was a welcome return for Paul Hanlon, we rarely lost goals when Paul plays, funny that eh? Looked like he nearly scored an OG though, will need to see that one again.

Chris Cadden started at right half and did fine, a couple of good runs at the puddledrinkers. Weirdly spend a fair bit of the second half playing in Murph's position on the left and done fine.

Josh Doig played left half and he too done fine against the dafties that released him.

Joe Newell started as a defensive midfielder with Kyle Magennis, Kyle didnae enjoy playing there, Joe did, I thought he was first class today. Was less impressed with the time wasting with five to go, although he may have been told to do that?

Kyle Magennis had a poor first half for me, but was much improved when Alex Gogic came on at half time and it allowed Kyle to play in behind Nissy, where he plays his best fitba.

James Scott didnae really get going for me and looked like he was playing out of position and he didnae really know what to day about it?

Boyler really was marked constantly, no matter what he done. He had a great chance end of the first and again end of the second, the jambofud made two good saves.

That is the worst I have seen Nissy play in a Hibs shirt, he got most things badly wrong, looked annoyed at himself, although he nearly made up for it with a wonderful strike over Jambofuds head and the bar at the end.

The Subs

I thought Gogic coming on for half time balanced our midfield better and the much maligned Gogic played well and had two decent half chances. His introduction stopped Bangintome influencing the game as much.

Drey Wright replaced a shattered Cadden with 5 to go. I know why Jack brought Drey on but I am not sure Drey brought much to the party?

I thought maybe, just maybe Scottie for Magennis with ten to go may have been a masterstroke. It wasn't to be.

The Boss

It shows Jack can change things when its not working. Whilst we played better fitba, the Gunts midfield over ran us. He sorted that with the swap of Scott for Gogic, we needed it to release Magennis further forward. It shows how the loss of one player can change the whole shape of how we play, we missed JDH today.

The referee was fine, he let the game flow and limited the bookings to just Newell and Cockstain.

The Puddledrinkers, well, Spotty was superb, they actually gave us a game and fitba broke out in their ranks a couple of times, but they are and always will be maroon and white shite. I hope the three ends giving 'The Billy Boys' a blast came over on TV. There is more than the Big Huns in this country, the wee ones were giving it 'billy-oh' today.

The Hibs fans were magic, noisy, many pretty pished and we got behind the team from start to finish. I think we impressed the newer players in the team, they looked it at the end of the game as they came to receive the applause of a packed Roseburn end. It was good to say hello to Smurf, Mr & Mrs WJC1848, Shrink, SKII and son and son of South West Hibby. Disappointed with the shite seats given to the away season ticket holders though.

Man of Match, easy, Matt Macey, superb performance. Plaudits for McGinn, Porto, Cadden and Newell too.

Next up is St Mirren, kick off 3pm next Saturday, yes, you got it, a 3pm kick off on a Saturday efty. Who'da thunk it?

Hibernian Forever!
Thank you Mark, fantastic report

Thanks for the report.Very accurate and agree with it.

Great report, thanks for that Mark.

A view from Zitelli and I thought it was a decent enough game as far as goalless derby fixtures go, the second half livening proceedings up somewhat. The Merricks clearly had a majority share of the possession after the break but ironically, I felt that Hibs had a few more clear chances to score and could have easily run out winners. In spite of the home team's possession, I didn't think they played with a great deal of imagination and some of their play was still fairly industrial with build-ups lacking guile.

Without being too churlish, I was a little isappointed with Nisbet's attempt five minutes before the end. If it had sailed in it would have been a wonder goal no doubt. I wondered though if it was possible for him to have had a touch on it before pulling the trigger. I totally accept that the ball came to him at an awkward angle and height though. It just left a feeling that he snatched at it a little and indeed he looked disappointed with himself in that regard.

He*rt in the mouth moment with Hanlon near the end when he put it over his own bar. An uncharasteristically indecisive moment, it looked as though he'd decided to leave it but didn't quite get out of the way of the ball through indecision. Did a lot more right during the ninety minutes.

Regards the Poundland Jack Grealish, I wasn't particularly concerned with him signing for them. I watched him a good few times playing for Forest after the man with the Magic Hat took him there for a £500,000 fee in 2017. At first he showed some form and nifty footwork on the left wing. albeit his left foot appears to be for standing on. After a short time opposition defenders in the English Championship predictably found him out though and gave him the treatment. He never really looked the same player after that, bottling out of challenges (I'm making chicken noises here) and indeed his career has spiralled alarmingly ever since, slumping to the interminable depths of having to play for those manky bastards.

The Hanlon near o.g. Macey had to make a great save.

Reactions: Stu
Thanks for the just back, agree with your summing up.
I actually thought it was a decent game and both teams looked fairly capable. With fair winds there might be something for the arse cheeks to be concerned about this season.

Really enjoy the Just Back but I have to disagree about Kyle Magennis - although playing out of his "comfort zone" first half I thought the lad was excellent. I agree he looks better playing further forward but thought he really stood up today - in fact this is probably the most nervous free derby I have watched as we didn't allow them to bully us - Best for me Porto, Hanlon, Newell and Magennis.

First time back at the PBS in nearly 4 years for me, fair enjoyed it for a nil-nil. Macey obviously MOTM, when GMS was sent through I was sure he'd score, fantastic save. Thought Newell was superb twisting and turning out of trouble and some good distribution, Porto was a colossus barely lost an aerial duel all game, wee mistake in the first half but thankfully it never cost us.

This thread has been viewed 10494 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back