• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and that feels like a defeat!

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Jeez, HIbs eh? First half I thought we were lucky to still be in it. Second we were scudding them and basically let them back into it. A soft penalty and absolute stupidity from our captain Paul Hanlon let them away with it. Second half Murph, Nissie and Boyler were running them ragged, we started sitting too deep, we changed the shape with three defensive substitutions and it didnae work.

First half they battered us without really looking very dangerous. We came out a different team second half and looked comfortable until that last 5 minutes and the 4 of injury time, where we sat far too deep. So frustrating Hibs, so frustrating.

I thought we had some very good performances, Rocky was fantastic, Porto was great, Hanlon was superb right up to giving them the equaliser and Sean Mackie was accomplished. Murph, Boyler and Nissie had good second halfs. It just wasn't enough against a pretty average Celtc.

I will say I would have taken 2-2 before the game, we all would have.

The Team

Rocky as I said, had another great game, he even got close to the penalty.

Paul McGinn played well, he always does.

Porto was great, had a good header and nearly scored.

Paul Hanlon was playing well right up until he did what he used to do far too much. Very poor clearance lost us two points and a big win.

Sean Mackie had a very good game and I think he keeps his place.

Gogic was in the wars, his passing and awareness when passing were not great today.

Joe Newell worked hard but it wasn't his best game for us in my opinion?

Stevie Mallan played well I thought, he wanted the ball and tried to feed the wide players and nissie more than others.

Murph was ok first half but gave us a good second half with a fine goal and a good header to set upNissie's goal. Best he has played for Hibs.

Boyler looked more dangerous and had far more of the ball given he was up an AC Milan player. Morelike his ownself.

Nissie was starnded first half, but was excellent second, good assist for Murph's goal ;)) and his gioal was excellent. Your dad will be proud of you son.

The Subs

Sir David Gray, Captian and winning goal scorer on that glorious day in May 2016 came on for Murph with 10 minutes to go. The look he gave Hanlon when they equalised said it all.

Melker for Mallan with 6 to go seemed the right idea, didnae work.

Stephen McGinn for Joe Newell in the last minute didnae help stop them equalise.

The Boss

We were dour, stuffy and ugly first half, I feared the worst. We were excellent for 30 minutes of the second half, it wasn't enough. Just listened to Jack on the radio, he sounds like the rest of us, SCUNNERED! He admitted we set up in a way to stop Celtc which we normally don't do. I thought we did that first half but went at them second half?

The Ref

I thought he was inconsistent, he gave them a soft penalty, yet first half when we had the attack where young Sean Mackie had the shot in the six yard box, it hit a Celtc players arm in the very same way. Am I the only person on the planet that saw that? They showed a rerun but Tam and Cliff were too busy talking to notice???? 4 Hibs players booked, no Celtc players?

Celtc

There is no way that Celtc team will win the league. Their board and Lennon's poor transer window has left the door open for the dirty huns to win the league. I am at a loss as to why players the quality of Sparky and Edouard dinnae get a start, Lennon is a fool to himself I think. Nae luck eh?

The Fans

Still no getting there, so I watched it on Hibs TV. Tanner saying Murph celebrated like a Rangers player when he scored made me feel sick. How does that Hun bastard get work from Hibs?

Man of the Match

At 2-1 there was 2 or 3 HIbs players, as I said Porto and Paul Hanlon had been excellent, Murph's second half performance was very good but lets be honest Ofir Marciano was our best player. We will be lucky to extend his contract.

Next up is St Johnstone at 7pm at Easter Road on Tuesday night, time to bounce right back.

Hibernian Forever!

Spot on report and I noticed Tanner’s comment as well. That hun shouldn’t be getting our money!

I was raging at the end

Celtic never looked like scoring until Madden gave a penalty that wasn't

Then our defending for the final goal is embarrassing. Pish from Gray and Hanlon. No way should David Gray be playing league games for us

Special mention to Sean Mackie. Well played.

Agree with most of that M. I thought Madden bottled it at the penalty, no way was that a penalty imo. Getting Newell and Marciano on new deals must be a priority now. 2-2 against celtc is a good result for us, but like you, for me it feels like a defeat

Agree with most of that M. I thought Madden bottled it at the penalty, no way was that a penalty imo. Getting Newell and Marciano on new deals must be a priority now. 2-2 against celtc is a good result for us, but like you, for me it feels like a defeat

Under the stupid rules, its a penalty. I still cannae believe I am the only one who saw our penalty first half? Tell me I am not mad (nae smart remarks please)?

Here is the handball law. I don't think its a penalty. I do referee myself and I'm hopeless as well but at the time no way did I think it was a penalty. No way.

• The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line".
  • The player clearly leans into the path of the ball.
  • The ball travels some distance.
  • The ball touches a hand/arm that is clearly raised above the shoulder.
  • The player falls and the hand/arm is extended laterally or vertically away from the body.
  • A deflection clearly makes no difference to the ball touching a hand/arm that is clearly extended away from the body and/or above the shoulder.
  • Immediately after touching the ball with the arm, even accidentally, the player scores a goal or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

Would have taken a point before the game but the manner of the surrender of the two goal lead is a bit of a boot in the hee haws. To be honest if Lennon had gone with with either Griffiths or Eduard or both instead of Ajeti I think Celtic would've won comfortably.

The "small squad" we've gone with is costing us in the latter stages of matches imo as we have limited quality - either players at the end of their careers or at the beginning that are not good enough to influence a game imo. I like Gullan but Ross seems not to trust him. Speaking of Ross I was surprised he brought on Gray...he hasnt looked up to the pace of games hes played lately. It was a recurring theme of Ross's time at Sunderland that they capitulated in big games or surrendered winning positions. Its too early to say the pattern is repeating but there are worrying blips. He's managing at a particularly challenging time and is doing a reasonable job I think...well enough to avoid the more luncatic fringe calls for his head..but he needs backed further in the next window. We need a couple of players at least...the squad is far too thin. Im not sure financially we'll be willing to splash the cash tho so it might be a case of as you were and very gradual growth.

I'll be very surprised if Lennon survives the season...his decision making and selections are like a resignation letter.

I missed the Tanner comment but his smarminess alone makes my skin crawl. Please replace him Hibs.

Here is the handball law. I don't think its a penalty. I do referee myself and I'm hopeless as well but at the time no way did I think it was a penalty. No way.

• The hand/arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line".
  • The player clearly leans into the path of the ball.
  • The ball travels some distance.
  • The ball touches a hand/arm that is clearly raised above the shoulder.
  • The player falls and the hand/arm is extended laterally or vertically away from the body.
  • A deflection clearly makes no difference to the ball touching a hand/arm that is clearly extended away from the body and/or above the shoulder.
  • Immediately after touching the ball with the arm, even accidentally, the player scores a goal or creates a goal-scoring opportunity.

Paul McGinn's arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line".

Problem is he could do nothing about it.

Under the stupid rules, its a penalty. I still cannae believe I am the only one who saw our penalty first half? Tell me I am not mad (nae smart remarks please)?

No I saw it. Was clear as day but, as you pointed out, Cliff and Tam too busy yabbering too notice. Was 10 x the penalty Celtc's was. Not the first time Madden has denied us in recent weeks.

Murphy is committed to signing for hibs when the loan expires. He’ll never be back at rangers. He’s a hibs player

get Tanner tae feck

Ach on reflection a draw against either Huns or Celtc is never a bad result and is more than most have got this season. It puts us 1 point behind the sheep whose 2 games in hand are Huns away and Celtc away. Beat St Johnstone at hkme Tuesday and Dundee at home Saturday and we're 3rd and in the 1/4's of the cup

Except the Sheep are playing Hamilton on Wednesday

Paul McGinn's arm is clearly away from the body and outside the "body line".

Problem is he could do nothing about it.

Surely when it hits off his shoulder that counts as a deflection

No I saw it. Was clear as day but, as you pointed out, Cliff and Tam too busy yabbering too notice. Was 10 x the penalty Celtc's was. Not the first time Madden has denied us in recent weeks.

I thought I was going mad! Poor commentary, Cliff letting Tam slaver away about Celtc when we should be shouting for apenalty.

Except the Sheep are playing Hamilton on Wednesday

Dam! Oh well maybe only 1 point behind 3rd which aint too bad!

For the equaliser, it’s a really poor decision from Sir David Gray to give away the foul, it’s a terrible attempt at a clearance from Hanlon but when you watch it back, you can clearly see that Madden blows his whistle after the ball is kicked for the Duffy foul on Mackie. The replay just confirmed what I thought at the time re the ball being in play. He then, inexplicably, allows Griffiths to take it again rather than giving us the foul.

Last edited:
No wonder us fans and Jack Ross are scunnered after that, we threw the win away. Aye there’s debate about the penalty (for me it was, based on the ridiculous rules currently in play) but the simple fact is three pieces of poor defending cost us the game:

1) Porteous should be blootering the ball out for a corner, never ever launch it up in the air inside your own box. I’m not sure if this is part of what they’re being coached, but our players seem reluctant to find row z at times... the Aberdeen game at Easter Road when Boyle was caught out was another example of not just clearing it. We generally defend corners well, so there’s no problem conceding them.

2) Gray fouling the Celtic player, when he’s going nowhere. Totally unnecessary. It lead to the set play they equalised from.

3) Hanlon.... deary me what on earth was that clearance all about?! After a composed 90+ minutes, I’m not sure why pure panic set in. Even the slightest bit of concentration on his connection with the ball and they don’t score.

To be fair the manager got his game plan spot on for the most part, although we sat off too much towards the end.

Hopefully Murphy & Nisbet take some real confidence from their goals today.

Also I’m delighted Sean Mackie got his start, he played very well. I think he’s going to be an excellent player for us, just needs a run of games to make that position his own.

A strange game. First half I thought we where very poor. Celtic toothless for all their possession. Infact one could argue,we carved out the best of few chances in the first period I thought at half time if we could start playing ,defensively they where suspect and there for the taking. I'm glad Mr Ross saw that as well,and impressed that on his team.
Second half , much better ,but that old feeling of the Hibs self destruct button ,was never far away. A missed opportunity.
Thanks for report young man.

A strange game. First half I thought we where very poor. Celtic toothless for all their possession. Infact one could argue,we carved out the best of few chances in the first period I thought at half time if we could start playing ,defensively they where suspect and there for the taking. I'm glad Mr Ross saw that as well,and impressed that on his team.
Second half , much better ,but that old feeling of the Hibs self destruct button ,was never far away. A missed opportunity.
Thanks for report young man.

Thank you dear.

• Haha
Reactions: SWH
We were cruising until their " penalty"
Hanlons right peg :52:

I really hate slagging the team, not my thing normally. But that's three big games in a short period where the players have choked and it's utterly galling.

Boyband is totally apt. It's up to them now to prove otherwise.

I saw Ajer’s handball as well, as he slid in to clear it his arm was in the air, but thought I was seeing things cos no-one mentioned it. Yes Hanlon messed up but Gray had no right to give anyone a look considering it was him that gave away the stupid needless foul in the first place!! Madden should also have a look at himself, Mackie dragged down by Duffy when the kick was taken and he allows them to retake? Shocking refereeing!

Buzzing for Nisbet getting his goal, I think he needed it, Mackie was very good and I hope we stick with that formation going forward as it allows us to play our most dangerous players and have 3 in the middle to keep the midfield strong. Sadly I see him changing when Doidge comes back

Was that Ajer sliding in the box? Yeah I spotted it. Under those stupid rules we should have had a penalty.

Scunnered again.
Fuckin Hibs

We should've got Lennon sacked today.
Might still, but we let them into it.

I don't like playing safe, it always costs us.
Individual mistakes may have cost us, but if we kept doing what we were doing it wouldn't have happened.

Gutted with a result I'd have taken right up until half time

We are far to soft in midfeild and far to nice to opposition teams, I wish we'd moan to refs alot more, foul more and show some nastiness and a bit more passion, all far to nicey nicey, need a player who can put his foot on the ball in midfeild.

Last edited:
Murphy showed again In patches, what a braw fitba player he can be.
I don't think we can be hard on the team. Two superbly taken goals and we were not losing a goal until that soft as fuck penalty.
Rocky really is Mr cool. Has anyone seen him lose cool? Never flustered. Best keeper we have had for many a year, we must hold on to him.

Good report @1875 agree with every word. Thought Stevie Mallan put a shift in closing down and not giving the Celtic midfield an easy time of it. Not something you’d normally associate him with.

Bit of a gutter it was this boy that equalised! ?

8E5E9477-CFD9-4DCC-8770-1FE4E93A677E.jpeg

Another fine draw for the corrupt Scottish refs today

Jeez, HIbs eh? First half I thought we were lucky to still be in it. Second we were scudding them and basically let them back into it. A soft penalty and absolute stupidity from our captain Paul Hanlon let them away with it. Second half Murph, Nissie and Boyler were running them ragged, we started sitting too deep, we changed the shape with three defensive substitutions and it didnae work.

First half they battered us without really looking very dangerous. We came out a different team second half and looked comfortable until that last 5 minutes and the 4 of injury time, where we sat far too deep. So frustrating Hibs, so frustrating.

I thought we had some very good performances, Rocky was fantastic, Porto was great, Hanlon was superb right up to giving them the equaliser and Sean Mackie was accomplished. Murph, Boyler and Nissie had good second halfs. It just wasn't enough against a pretty average Celtc.

I will say I would have taken 2-2 before the game, we all would have.

The Team

Rocky as I said, had another great game, he even got close to the penalty.

Paul McGinn played well, he always does.

Porto was great, had a good header and nearly scored.

Paul Hanlon was playing well right up until he did what he used to do far too much. Very poor clearance lost us two points and a big win.

Sean Mackie had a very good game and I think he keeps his place.

Gogic was in the wars, his passing and awareness when passing were not great today.

Joe Newell worked hard but it wasn't his best game for us in my opinion?

Stevie Mallan played well I thought, he wanted the ball and tried to feed the wide players and nissie more than others.

Murph was ok first half but gave us a good second half with a fine goal and a good header to set upNissie's goal. Best he has played for Hibs.

Boyler looked more dangerous and had far more of the ball given he was up an AC Milan player. Morelike his ownself.

Nissie was starnded first half, but was excellent second, good assist for Murph's goal ;)) and his gioal was excellent. Your dad will be proud of you son.

The Subs

Sir David Gray, Captian and winning goal scorer on that glorious day in May 2016 came on for Murph with 10 minutes to go. The look he gave Hanlon when they equalised said it all.

Melker for Mallan with 6 to go seemed the right idea, didnae work.

Stephen McGinn for Joe Newell in the last minute didnae help stop them equalise.

The Boss

We were dour, stuffy and ugly first half, I feared the worst. We were excellent for 30 minutes of the second half, it wasn't enough. Just listened to Jack on the radio, he sounds like the rest of us, SCUNNERED! He admitted we set up in a way to stop Celtc which we normally don't do. I thought we did that first half but went at them second half?

The Ref

I thought he was inconsistent, he gave them a soft penalty, yet first half when we had the attack where young Sean Mackie had the shot in the six yard box, it hit a Celtc players arm in the very same way. Am I the only person on the planet that saw that? They showed a rerun but Tam and Cliff were too busy talking to notice???? 4 Hibs players booked, no Celtc players?

Celtc

There is no way that Celtc team will win the league. Their board and Lennon's poor transer window has left the door open for the dirty huns to win the league. I am at a loss as to why players the quality of Sparky and Edouard dinnae get a start, Lennon is a fool to himself I think. Nae luck eh?

The Fans

Still no getting there, so I watched it on Hibs TV. Tanner saying Murph celebrated like a Huns player when he scored made me feel sick. How does that Hun bastard get work from Hibs?

Man of the Match

At 2-1 there was 2 or 3 HIbs players, as I said Porto and Paul Hanlon had been excellent, Murph's second half performance was very good but lets be honest Ofir Marciano was our best player. We will be lucky to extend his contract.

Next up is St Johnstone at 7pm at Easter Road on Tuesday night, time to bounce right back.

Hibernian Forever!

Hard to be critical of the team today. They were up against players in the £4m+ category in every position. But they were there for the taking. Hanlon blooters it and we win. That's the long and short of it.

We played the game exactly the way we would have wanted it when playing against Celtic. Do not concede an early goal. Don't give them time to play when they get into the last third, and hit them with pace on the counter attack. We also had to score first which we did, and as we also did against the huns earlier in the season, when again we got a point. Two goals up, we just had to keep it tight. You cannot legislate for such a terrible decision though to award a penalty for nothing. Hand-ball in the box....well I think I have said enough elsewhere about what I think about that rule. For me, that was the key goal which turned the game, not the last minute hugely avoidable equaliser they got.

Our failings are all too clear to see. A lack of composure, experience and leadership all over the park. Too many players do not look comfortable on the ball. Our system IMO gives Newall and Gogic far too much to do. Doidge is a key player and his hold up play and threat in the air was missed today. The real miss however continues to be Scott Allan.

Hibs are going to be a counter attacking team under Jack Ross, it's clear to me that's how he wants us to play. If it means we win more than we lose then that will do for me. We are a work in progress though, and it will take him at least a couple more transfer windows to get nearer to where we all want to be, that's of course if there are enough funds to back him properly after this financially disastrous Covid season. Great to see another young player like Sean Mackie stake a strong claim for a regular slot. We have to be careful with him though. Josh Doig was a regular until his confidence took a hit affecting his form.

A draw against the Old Firm is a good result. Neither have beaten us at Easter Road so far this season.

Good performances from several players today. Nisbet's goal was fabulous. He is going to be a top player IMO. He does remind me of Stokes a lot. All our defenders played well, and as I have said a special word for Sean Mackie whom I thought had a great game up against a very difficult opponent in Frimpong.

Didn't realise we had a game against St Johnstone at home on Tuesday night. It's the sort of game we have to win.

Last edited:
Would have settled for a draw pre-kickoff but ended up annoyed.
Brilliant result for the The Huns. Smellies drop two points and “Lenny“ hasn’t been sacked.

No disrespect to young Doig but I think today proved, that at least physically Mackie should be ahead of him. We have a lack of defenders forwards bounce off of. Seriously, how many defenders do we have wingers get bullied from?

Just seen the highlights and that to me has to be the softest penalty award ever, how is a player meant to get his arm/hand away from that?. And I noticed they never showed you a replay of the actual incident but the penalty kick was on about 6 times.

Just seen the highlights and that to me has to be the softest penalty award ever, how is a player meant to get his arm/hand away from that?. And I noticed they never showed you a replay of the actual incident but the penalty kick was on about 6 times.
And do you think the prick madden would have given it against one of the old firm ?
No chance

It was a close run thing as to what annoyed me the most Jack Ross or David Tanner.?

Jack Ross always prepares so well for a game and I liked his use of Boyle through the middle then wide right, Mackie was absolutely the correct call on Frimpong and the excellent shape and discipline of the team meant conceding possession deep was of minor consequences.✅

As a game develops though I find Ross very one dimentional and he seems totally unable to react to the changing facets. He froze when Haring and Naysmyth came on and again yesterday when Broonie pushed forward at 2:0 to swamp the totally overrun Gogic and Newell.?

Tanner though takes the "Grumpy Sammy" award for being such a smarmy ventriliquist dummy with his annoying habit of using 'Hibernian' a term no proper Hibs fan ever uses not that anyone would call Tanner a Hibs fan of course.

"Bishopbriggs Loyal" is his supporter bus background but its his SKY training of pandering to the gruesome twosome that annoys me the most.

Murphy celebrated like a Hibs player should,✅not as an ex "Scotland's Shame 2012" player? and when paying the equivalent of £20 per match to view Hibs TV I care fck all for Ajeti or Eduard/Leigh or whether the result now means Lennon is under pressure.

I half expected Tanner to finish the broadcast by asking JC how he felt "Scotland's Shame 2012" would adapt to the news that the Sheep are missing 2 Scotland U21 players plus McCrorrie for today.?

Leeann and Tanner no doubt shared a wee celebratory "red" post match which is fair enough in their own time but over a 3 hour broadcast and a weeks preparation requiring Hibs to be the centre most of a Hibs TV production is surely a complete gimme not just a wee afterthought??

Last edited:
It was a close run thing as to what annoyed me the most Jack Ross or David Tanner.?

Jack Ross always prepares so well for a game and I liked his use of Boyle through the middle then wide right, Mackie was absolutely the correct call on Fringprong and the excellent shape and discipline of the team meant conceding possession deep was of minor consequences.

As a game develops though I find Ross very one dimentional and he seems totally unable to react to the changing facets of the game. He froze when Haring and Naysmyth came on and again yesterday when Broonie moved pushed forward at 2:0 to swamp the totally overrun Gogic and Newell.?

Tanner takes the "Grumpy Sammy" award though for being such a smarmy ventriliquist dummy with his constant use of 'Hibernian' a term no proper Hibs fan ever uses not that anyone would call Tanner a Hibs fan of course.

"Bishopbriggs Loyal" is his supporter bus background but its his SKY training of pandering to the gruesome twosome that annoys me the most.

Murphy celebrated like a Hibs player not an ex "Scotland's Shame 2012" player? and when paying the equivalent of £20 per match to view Hibs TV I care fck all for Ajeti or Eduard/Leigh or whether the result now means Lennon is under pressure.

I half expected Tanner to finish the broadcast by asking JC how he felt "Scotland's Shame 2012" would adapt to the news that the Sheep are missing 2 Scotland U21 players plus McCrorrie for today.?

Leeann and Tanner no doubt shared a wee celebratory "red" post match which is fair enough in their own time but over a 3 hour broadcast and a weeks preperstion requiring Hibs to be the centre most of a Hibs TV production is surely a gimme not just a wee afterthought??
Like the rest of us , you cant wait to get back to watching Hibs with Hibs supporters who hate everybody else not listening to that prick

Thought Sean Mackie played really well yesterday - virtually nullified the threat Frimpong posed down the Celtic right ??

Jack Ross always prepares so well for a game and I liked his use of Boyle through the middle then wide right, Mackie was absolutely the correct call on Frimpong and the excellent shape and discipline of the team meant conceding possession deep was of minor consequences.✅

As a game develops though I find Ross very one dimentional and he seems totally unable to react to the changing facets. He froze when Haring and Naysmyth came on and again yesterday when Broonie pushed forward at 2:0 to swamp the totally overrun Gogic and Newell.?

Tanner though takes the "Grumpy Sammy" award for being such a smarmy ventriliquist dummy with his annoying habit of using 'Hibernian' a term no proper Hibs fan ever uses not that anyone would call Tanner a Hibs fan of course.

Murphy celebrated like a Hibs player should,✅not as an ex "Scotland's Shame 2012" player? and when paying the equivalent of £20 per match to view Hibs TV I care fck all for Ajeti or Eduard/Leigh or whether the result now means Lennon is under pressure.

Leeann and Tanner no doubt shared a wee celebratory "red" post match which is fair enough in their own time but over a 3 hour broadcast and a weeks preparation requiring Hibs to be the centre most of a Hibs TV production is surely a complete gimme not just a wee afterthought??
But JR did change things when Melker and S McGinn came on, no?

You're bang on about Tanners Sky/hun background, its so painful to listen to. Personally think that comes down to having LD running the club. Not saying she deliberately chooses hunnish staff but she doesn't see the problem in doing so.

One of my biggest bugbears with that *&*^ Tanner [as folk who follow me on twitter will know] is his pronunciation of Hibee as Hibby and his reluctance to accept that he's wrong. The Happy Hibee draw is a case in pont. It's High-bee not Hib-bay and the prick can't get that right. His latest response to me was to say that he's spoken to fans and club staff alike and they all agree that Hibee can be pronounced either way. It can't and apart from disliking him as a smarmy hun prick that gets my goat.

I do note that he now has a mention of Hibs in his bio. I might take credit for that because I berated him on that subject previously. I want him away from the club though regardless.

This thread has been viewed 6442 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back