Just back and its another win.....

Admin
That was awfy. I said in the match thread that it was the weirdest Hibs game I have witnessed, it was. Coverage by Forfar TV was a disgrace, not just the spinning, freezing and booting out, but a motion camera with a mind of its own, an atrocious picture and intermittent sound, it was like watching CCTV. A complete rip off at £12.50, I will be asking for a refund, and I hate bumping wee clubs trying to survive but that was ripping fans off.

Something to note as I offer an opinion on the game, of the 11 who started tonight, only Chris Doidge might start on Saturday I suspect. We had four subs out, including the goalkeeping coach and had players out of position all over the field. Positives, well young Ryan Shanley started, we never lost a goal, a number of players got much needed run outs, Daz managed three games in 8 days and Sir Dave didnae get injured. Negatives, well that was an awfy watch, the pitch was a disgrace, the ball bounced like a tennis ball on a clay court, Doidge is pretty poor without a capable partner, Mallan likes to pass it back too much, Magennis is nae right winger and we should scoring more goals with that many attacking players on the pitch at one time and we didnae get a hot bridie treat.

Forfar were as stodgy as a cauld bridie, and I don't remember them having a shot on target? They did play with all their might though. I am glad we have finished this round of games with three wins though, take it and move on.

The Team

Barnes has stood in well for Rocky, he is a capable keeper.

Hallberg played right back all night, a big ask but he coped.

Sir David Gray, scorer of that goal on the 21st of May 2016 when he captained Hibernian to the Holy Grail, scored a fine heeder again tonight to secure the win. He played right sided centre half all night.

Daz played left sided centre half and has played three games in 8 days, he will sleep well tonight.

Sean Mackie played 90 minutes at left back, which will do him no harm after a long time away.

Stephen McGinn played deep and done well on his own. He played the full 90 minutes which is great.

Stevie Mallan played the Scott Allan role but offered very little other than some poorly executed passes forward and a few pass backs that Jack Ross shouted at him about. He did send in the dead ball for Sir Dave to score though, so well done there.

Kyle Magennis was played at wide right for 60 minutes before being swapped for Boyler. He is no right winger and it was a bit of waste for me?

Jamie Gullan played wide left but struggled with the bounce of the ball on that pitch.

Ryan Shanley started up front, I am pleased for him but he never got much room with the two big heifers at the back for the loons.

Christian Doidge offered very little.

The Subs

Nissie for Shanley, after an hour. Kevin Nisbet is head and shoulders ahead of the other players on the field tonight, wished we had started with this, young Ryan would have benefitted more from Kev's presence.

Boyler for Kyle after an hour. Boyler flitted in and out the game.

Young Steven Elder came on for the last few minutes replacing Doidge up front, no time to make an impression but a step up son.

Forfar

As I said above, Forfar were as stodgy as a cauld bridie, and I don't remember them having a shot on target (they had two, so did we, probably when the stream was hanging)? They will do ok this season, another team that didnae look like they would score though. Hope there player Whyte is ok, looked and sounded a sore one, the laddie was screaming when he went down.

The Referee

I seen some say the ref was poor, I didnae think so but then it was such a hard watch on so many levels, I paid little attention to him.

The Fans

We missed a wee night out in Forfar, hot bridies and cauld pints. Its no fair!

Man of the match

Easy for me, Stephen McGinn did his job and did it well for the full game.

Next up is Ross County, I would normally stay over, have a few pints etc. Nope, its mare armchair fitba, which is pish.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:

NGP

A message to you, radge
Bounce Radge
We will have forgotten the gashness of these 3 games when we lift the cup.
How can professional teams be permitted to play on pitches like that? It was like watching a bouncy ball in an empty bath.
Hard to judge any players tonight, but I can't say that I'm shouting for any of the "2nd string' players to be in the starting 11 on Saturday, after this round off games.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Bounce Radge
Thanks for report Mark. Missed first half but watched 2nd half on a youtube free stream..picture perfect whole way through. Was like watching volleyball with that pitch. By the way, where does Ryan Shanley come from? Not a particularly common name, but there was a girl at my primary school by that name

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Missed the game, sounds like I didnae miss much. 11 first team players oot according tae RJ so didnae expect it tae be a classic. Next!

SuperTortolano

Bounce Radge
I honestly don't think the players gave 100% in any of these games. Part of me thinks they should be knocking there pan in no matter who they play, but part of me thinks, why run the risk of injury in what can only be described as diddy games. It's not like a knock out game, any of the games we could have afforded a loss or draw and still qualified.

Green tinted specs

Bounce Radge
Thanks for report Mark. Missed first half but watched 2nd half on a youtube free stream..picture perfect whole way through. Was like watching volleyball with that pitch. By the way, where does Ryan Shanley come from? Not a particularly common name, but there was a girl at my primary school by that name
Was that the stream where the guy that was hosting it slavered pish all the way through it and constantly shouted about donations and bringing up on the screen the link you had to click to donate?.

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
Bounce Radge
He comes from Pilton/ Muirhouse way Davy. The fishy stream was fine second half, first half it was dreadful.
Could be related then, was at Pirniehall with a girl called Karen Shanley

Plasticman

Bounce Radge
Looked poor, but another win, another clean sheet.

Tried to watch it at the same time as the Germany game - that one was slightly better so kept dragging my eyes to it, not sure I missed much.

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
Watched some brief highlights on YouTube last night...it might have been Forfar TV i'm not sure.

Impossible for any proper football to be played on that pitch. Not surprised at all we struggled given the state of the surface and with more or less a scratch team.

Good header from Sir David at the end to win the game. Excellent free-kick from Stevie Mallan.

David Gray scores with a header right near the end of a cup game from a set-piece....where have we seen that before I wonder ?

Reactions: Zab

moathibby

Bounce Radge
There was a girl at your school called Ryan Shandley.Maybe she was his mother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£68.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks