Just back and I am happy with that....

Admin
OK, first half wisnae great, our cup final winners looked past it, the midfield was slow and listless, Doidge missed a sitter, for some Hibs fans the goalie is terrible, Cove hadn't played this season (they have played four pre season friendlies), players a disgrace etc. The pitch was poor, we had seven, yes seven first team starters out and a wee tweak at half time saw us home. Cove are a good team, they played well first half, gave us a game but ran out of gas.

Going from 3 5 2 to 4 4 2 was the difference. Lewis, Sir Dave and Daz just didnae have the legs first half and the equally slow Stephen McGinn and Melker Hallberg didn't help. It is worth mentioning Cove played very well and deserved to be ahead, it was a cracking free kick that the keeper had no chance with. His only slight flaw in the game. First half Stevie allan was the one midfielder to give anything, Wright was hapless, Boyler man marked all game.

I felt Hallberg tucked in well at right back, Sir Dave and Daz looked fine as centre halves second. Removing Wright was a the main change to personnel and Jamie Gullan took his chance to score and play well. Best moments of the game was a well kent Hibby up a ladder eating mint aero bubbles watching the game from behind one goa live on TV, bettered only by the wonderful goal scored by Keven Nisbet, who must be 5 times his signing value already.

The team

Barnes, must to the chagrin of some, was fine, had no chance at their goal and fluffed one header. Good back up keeper.

Sir David Gray, who scored that header, on that day, returned as captain today and had a torrid first half as the right side of three centre backs. Second half he was calm and collected as part of a two centre half partnership with Daz.

Daz too looked slow and mis-timed a few challenges first half. Second half he was fine beside Captain Dave.

Lewis made up the third of three centre backs and struggled. Again he was fine second half in his natural left back position and with a better player in front of him.

Stephen McGinn is a squad player, no more, which is fine.

Melker Hallberg had a poor first half but decent second one as a right back.

Stevie Mallan was one of few Hibs players to get oass marks first half, he vanished with the change of shape I thought?

Boyler was generally marked out the game by the Cove number three Milne. H efound it hard against the big full back and rarely beat him?

Wright was hopeless, sorry.

Dodge missed a sitter but it doesn't let it get him down and he made a few more half chances for himself and works well for Nissie. Needs to get back in the regular scoring habit.

Kevin Nisbet is the difference, although not a great game, he is only as good as the service he gets, which he got when young Gullan came on. His goal was a cracker. What a good player we have signed.

The Subs

Both the shape change and introduction of Jamie Gullan at half time changed the game for Hibs, Wright offered nothing, not a thing. Jamie did, he drove at Cove, tried to feed the strikers and scored a well worked goal.

Another good player cam on after an hour to replace S McGInn. I simply enjoy watching Kyle Magennis play, he gets involved immediately, he is no shrinking violet, can pass a ball and best of all he will get better. I think we have signed a cracker here?

The Boss

He explained post match that we had a few injury doubts yesterday so didn't pick his team until this morning and felt we could play the shape he set out, but realised the players we had couldnt. A mixture of a boot up the arse for some and going to 4 4 2 saw us home. It wasn't pretty but we were missing Rocky, Paul McGinn, Ryan Porteous, Paul Hanlon, Josh Doig, Alex Gogic, Joe Newell and Jamie Murphy.

Cove

Good team, nice fitba, some tough challenges, deserved their lead. But its a 90+ minute game guys, stick that in your greasy Gorgie pipe and smoke it Hartley. Sad Fraser Fyvie didnae get a cameo after getting injured last week.

The Referee

He let the game flow and for the second game in a row I have no real negativity around the referee's performance.

The Fans

Its a game I would normally have attended, indeed every game is a game I normally attend. It didn't stop two well kent Hibs fans heading up and watching the game from the footpath behind one goal, one up a ladder, one in the bushes, all suitably socially distanced. You know who you are. 🧑‍🦲

Man of the Match

No one really stood out all game, but it's Kevin Nisbet for me, what a cracking goal.

Next up is SofarForfarfour on Tuesday night, Covid dependant.

Hibernian Forever!

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Cheers Mark, a good substitute for me, Wright appears tae be struggling tae settle in. No sure why. A wee aside, Papa G just came on for Cyprus who are losing 2-0 tae Luxembourg

Daddy 'O' Hibee

The Hibee Radge
Bounce Radge
Thanks, never seen the game. Pleased with the result. Knew it would be a test for Hibs. Always good to show a bit character coming back from a goal down.

tayside hibee

Bounce Radge
Cheers @1875
Another win for the b team, and I agree Nisbet is a top signing. I know a few Pars season ticket holders who told me we were getting the real mcoy here. Looks like they were right despite all their inbreeding .:giggley:

Glad to hear you back to yourself. Is that the moody over for another month?.:lauff::9::grinning-smiley-045:

Admin
Cheers @1875
Another win for the b team, and I agree Nisbet is a top signing. I know a few Pars season ticket holders who told me we were getting the real mcoy here. Looks like they were right despite all their inbreeding .:giggley:

Glad to hear you back to yourself. Is that the moody over for another month?.:lauff::9::grinning-smiley-045:

I found my tampons, and was having a bastard time at work, am good now, work isnae

I should say, on world mental health day, I hope you are all good. If you are not, dinnae be feart to reach out, we are one big, disfunctional family, but are in this together everyone!

Robert Barone

Bounce Radge
One of those games you just end up being thankful we won.

Pleased for Gullan getting off the mark..thought he was positive. I like the way he runs at and commits defenders. Other positive was another bit of magic from Nisbet.

I sill think we need cover in defensive midfield and centre half. Couple of decent loan players would do the trick. Squad is too thin imo.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Green Sleeves

Bounce Radge
Wont read too much into this game except we've got the full 6 points.

Ross definitely needs to find another centre back as Daz looks past it. Porteous and Hanlon will accumulate injuries and suspensions as the season goes on. Ross may try to make it to January window relying on Daz and SDG to step in as cover to the centre back position but its a risky strategy. Gogic can play there too but we need him in midfield. Hope we take time and find a commanding centre back who is a significant upgrade on Hanlon rather than a stop gap sub. Plan for the future.

Magennis looks like he could be a player. Him arriving, added to Paul McGinn, Gogic, Nesbitt, and Murphy I think we've brought quality in over the last year. If Doig and Gullan keep improving too we have the making of a decent team.

C4MMY

Bounce Radge
Wont read too much into this game except we've got the full 6 points.

Ross definitely needs to find another centre back as Daz looks past it. Porteous and Hanlon will accumulate injuries and suspensions as the season goes on. Ross may try to make it to January window relying on Daz and SDG to step in as cover to the centre back position but its a risky strategy. Gogic can play there too but we need him in midfield. Hope we take time and find a commanding centre back who is a significant upgrade on Hanlon rather than a stop gap sub. Plan for the future.

Magennis looks like he could be a player. Him arriving, added to Paul McGinn, Gogic, Nesbitt, and Murphy I think we've brought quality in over the last year. If Doig and Gullan keep improving too we have the making of a decent team.
If we are going in for another CB in jan I hope we continue with the recent kind of recruitment and go for another young Scottish CB with potential. The ideal one would be aforementioned Jason Kerr at saints but we shall see what happens

Jack

Bounce Radge
There was a bit of angst on the match day thread that the performance was shocking.

We won and its unlikely we'll ever have to play with so many understudies in a league match. One, two maybe even three playing or coming off the bench in a league game is as 'bad' as its likely to get and I'm cool with these guys getting a full match in these cup games.

cstkto

Bounce Radge
I have one concern for this game and that is based on his previous outing why did Wright even start this game over gulan? This seems like a really stupid managerial mistake

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Bounce Radge
I have one concern for this game and that is based on his previous outing why did Wright even start this game over gulan? This seems like a really stupid managerial mistake
Drey was apparently struggling to make the game, so on that basis I’m not going to criticise his poor performance.
I was pretty harsh on Joe Newall in his first few games, and I recall spotting Henryk Larsson was a waste of a jersey when he set up Chic Charnley to score against the Smellies. So with that track record I’m shutting the fcuk up about Drey’s early form.

Latest Posts

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned
£38.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks