• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and Hibs were shiter.....

So true, which is a damming inditement of the work Graeme Mathie & co are doing on the recruitment front.

Two guys who are leaders, winners, characters, but also very good players. Head and shoulders above what we have available right now in those positions.
Why are they playing for Livi and not us - I am sure if either player was asked which club they would prefer to be playing for then both would prefer Hibs.

Livingston manager David Martindale: "We came here with a wee bit of a game plan and I think it worked perfectly. They leave a lot of space in behind the centre-halves.
I hope someone has pinned that to the wall in Jack's office because I doubt he's the only one who has noticed.

Really frustrating again today. I hope it inspires some lateral thinking from the manager and the recruitment team.

67% possession, yet on the few breaks Livi made upfield, they moved quick, ran straight through our midfield and generally scored. On the other hand we passed it sideways, passed it back, passed to the goalie, passed it out the field, and occasionally blootered the ball upfield finding the opposition more often than nought. Dire stuff

Agree that Mallan was the best of a very bad lot

Why are they playing for Livi and not us - I am sure if either player was asked which club they would prefer to be playing for then both would prefer Hibs.

Efe left, activating a clause in his contract. He signed for Derby, then was a free agent. We never approached him about coming back.

Marvin we let go.

Neither look like great decisions by Hibs.

67% possession, yet on the few breaks Livi made upfield, they moved quick, ran straight through our midfield and generally scored. On the other hand we passed it sideways, passed it back, passed to the goalie, passed it out the field, and occasionally blootered the ball upfield finding the opposition more often than nought. Dire stuff

Agree that Mallan was the best of a very bad lot
No urgency , appears little confidence within the team - something needs to change and change quickly or the second half of the season could be a disaster

When Mallan gets the vote for best Hibs player then there's definitely something badly wrong at ER.

Who do you think played better yesterday out of interest?

Efe left, activating a clause in his contract. He signed for Derby, then was a free agent. We never approached him about coming back.

Marvin we let go.

Neither look like great decisions by Hibs.

Marvin has no agent, he does his own negotiations. When he wasn't getting regular games at Hibs he talked to Livi about a deal to include regular games and starting his coaching career. He then told Hibs he would be leaving. I suppose we could have tried harder to keep him, but we can't offer every player a future in coaching.
Regular starts at Livi have meant the return of a fitter and sharper Marv, one that would be an asset at Hibs once again.

Thanks 1875,i would have just wrote SHITE as a report,no more words needed.

Can only get better

Reactions: Zab
No comment on the game itself, but Hibs need to get that Hun Tanner to fuck.

Marvin has no agent, he does his own negotiations. When he wasn't getting regular games at Hibs he talked to Livi about a deal to include regular games and starting his coaching career. He then told Hibs he would be leaving. I suppose we could have tried harder to keep him, but we can't offer every player a future in coaching.
Regular starts at Livi have meant the return of a fitter and sharper Marv, one that would be an asset at Hibs once again.

I view that as letting him go, or at least doing nothing to try and keep him, especially considering we offered Gray & McGregor 4 year deals with future roles included.

Allowing Milligan (another proven leader) to leave at the same time as Bartley was equally poor.

This all happened while Heckingbottom was Head Coach, so he had to have some say, but Graeme Mathie has overseen all of this.

Reactions: Boo
That was really my point, we’d already made long term offers to the two you mentioned- we can’t give everyone that deal.
We seemed to have been assured of a couple of replacements until the Sheep slithered in with bumper deals and left us a bit high and dry.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

That was really my point, we’d already made long term offers to the two you mentioned- we can’t give everyone that deal.
We seemed to have been assured of a couple of replacements until the Sheep slithered in with bumper deals and left us a bit high and dry.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

It is indeed. I don’t think we should offer any such deal to anyone ever again, madness to do so at their age and with their injury records. Hopefully we don’t make such mistakes in the future.

For me Graeme Mathie needs to be doing a much better job at long term planning and identifying the right players to give the squad proper balance.

On the surface it looks like the St. Mirren love in, has been Ross's baby. As Sporting Director would Mathie have had a big say or imput?. Maybe the negotiations with Civil Service Strollers he alluded to yesterday took priority? The St. Mirren thing looking back in a few years time may look like a poorer one than it appears to be now.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, foresight is better.

BIG G

Reactions: NGP
Can only get better
I thought that after the Ross County game...

Turns out I dont know my arse from my elbow

This thread has been viewed 5857 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50