Just back and a winning start....

Admin
Just back fae the livingroom and I will take that. Sorry I am a bit late, there was traffic at the fridge. Good first half, pretty poor second but a win is a win. I have to say I hate watching Hibs on the telly, although I was joined by 3 of my wee band of 7 who normally take their seats in the West Lower. I am not looking forward to trying to write the game up, whilst you get the replays you get the game through the eyes of the camera person, you dinnae get to see the whole pictch and how the game is unfolding and what is going on off the ball. The quality of stream provided by Hibs was poor at best, they have to do much much better for the fans, no arguments. picture quality was iffy, sound quality dreadful, although I liked Tam and Cliff's commentary, having Tam run over from the south stand to the commentary area was stupid. Joelle is fine too, a Hibby and fitba person talking about Hibs. Who was the ugly auld get from Sydney on the telly at half time? ;))

Best for Hibs for me were Boyler, Gogic, McGinn, Doig and Doidge when he came on. Nisbet is a handful, Wright was decent first half, reported missing second, Porto gets tore in, Rocky stick stays on his line too much. Decent debut for young Josh, he will get better I think, marking the mercurial Burke was a hard shift. Paul Hanlon was ok, and I was disappointed with the efforts of Allan, Newell and Horgan. Tactically I thought Jack made the wrong tweak at half time, he put Wright through the middle and Boyler wide and it did not work. We did have a stonewall penalty turned down but the referee is a known Hun bastard, so no surprise there.

So the team....

Marciano, couple of good saves, I felt he set his wall up badly and got his positioning wrong at the goal, all that said it was a peach. Still shaky at crosses though goalie.

McGinn strolled through the game and kept their young winger quiet.

Porto was very decent, some strong challenges at the end.

Paul was Paul, make of that what you will.

Josh Doig had a surprising and decent debut, that was some first shift you had to put in son.

Alex Gogic, I am impressed, quietly efficient and I loved seeing a player of his type back in a Hibs strip. More box to box than I expected too.

Scott Allan was quiet, other than one good ball for a goal he didnt really get going.

Joe Newell was pretty much the same as Scottie, althoughhe gave a bit more.

Wright was decent wide right first half, didnae work through the middle second half at all. Reminded me of a a beefier Ivan Sproule.

Boyler was on fire especially first half through the middle. Every goal adds another £100,000 to his value unfortunately.

Nissie had a quiet start but showed enough to suggest he will be a good signing.

Subs

Scottie came off for Horgan, Daryll does not play well in the middle of midfield.

Lewis replaced Doig and done fine, he always does.

Doidge replaced Wright and I felt Chris brought us back into the game, he worked really hard and was a menace. Holds the ball up well too.

Melker replaced Nissie with 6 to go and tightened up the defence, it worked and we saw the game out.

The Boss

First half Jack had us playing the Hibernian way, or certainly the one I like. I am slightly concerned he likes to sit on a lead, I dont think we are good enough to do that and parts of the second half reminded me of the days of us conceding late goals every game. Not that we did right enough. Take a win though, Killie are decent.

The Hibs TV Team

I thought Cliff was excellent, absolutely professional in everything he does, he could work on telly. Tam brought some decent jokey insight, Joelle speaks like a knowledgable fan which is good. Tanner, well he has to stop sounding so chuffed when reading out the Huns score, especially when they win, save the joy in your voice for when the bastards get beat pal. The quality of the picture and especially the sound was piss poor and need improved pronto. You have a few weeks thanks to Sky, sort it out Hibs, there is money to be made there.

As I said, feck only knows what that Aussie boy wi the Leith accent and his teeth oot was slavering about? (Hope you are well Fred, you certainly looked well fed!!). :beer-1-prv: 🦘

Killie were pretty decent after a slow start, I felt that their goal was a peach but the wall was poorly set up. Burke remains a player and it was nice to see Andy Millen on the bench, pity he didnae get on. Some good players there.

The referee is a Hun bastard, that is all on him, other than what the hell is going on with his hair?

Us, the Fans. No the same is it, first day of the season should be about the whole day, watching Hibs in your livingroom isnae the same for many of us, I didnae enjoy the experience, I did enjoy the win.

My Man of the Match was Boyler, only Gogic came close.

Next up is Livi away, always a tricky one. I hope Livi are smarter than Hibs and sell away fans an opportunity to watch their team. I will happily pay, I am sure 1000's more will.

Its my oldest laddies 22nd birthday today, HIbs never win on his birthday, they did today, I am happy about that! Hibby Burpday Sean!

And finally, this Just Back is dedicated to all the Hibernian fans who sadly lost their lives during this horrible Covid pandemic, your memory marches on! 💚

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:

IAmLee

Bounce Radge
Great summary but I disagree about Hanlon, I thought he was very good today, not quite as good as Porto but still good, opinions eh?Newell was ok imo but Gogic aside the midfield seemed to struggle to string two passes together.

Would like to see us stick with the same team next week except Doidge in for Wright and Boyler moved over to wingback

aggie

Justified Radge
Bounce Radge
Boyler just did what Boyler does nowadays – really hope we can hang on to him for one more season. Gogić I thought was excellent, looks a great signing. I also thought Doig looked pretty accomplished, one to watch.

Allan and Newell need to provide a helluva lot more than they did if they are to make those berths in front of Gogić their own. Nisbet and Wright largely anonymous I thought, to be expected though.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Excellent M, in agreement wi yi on nearly everything but I thought Gogic pipped Boyler. Just what we have had missing last year. No complaints tho, Boyler was excellent tae.👍

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
All see it differently I suppose. I thought Newell and Hanlon had good games. There was a spell in the first half when I thought there was 2 or 3 Gogics on the park, he popped up everywhere.
No keen on this fannying about in front of goal which seems to cost us goals.

Smurf

Bounce Radge
Agreed on everything M. Great win and three points. I thought we were poor second half. Tanner was the negative of the day. A shocking choice.

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge
Didn’t see the game but delighted with the three points, i believe Killie came out the traps in the second half and kept the ball from us which is disappointing, Michael Stewart hit the nail in the head where he said we lacked urgency in the midfield that Docherty would give us. He also said Gogic was doing the jobs of 3 players in our midfield, so by that I take it Alan & Newell doesn’t work?

Bal74

Bounce Radge
Welcome return of the just back, it's been a while! You're right, it's a poor substitute from the house but still better than nothing at all (and better pies than ER!). Given it was his first start and his age Doig was outstanding, great composure - Gogic also looks a good addition, the other 2 look like they may need some time to settle in but will hopefully come good. Agree with your assessment of the game although I thought Newell did well personally, he's come a long way. Not a great 2nd half but good to see us hold out for the win, would have been a different story a year ago

C4MMY

Bounce Radge
Cheers for the report, thought we done enough 1st half to deserve the win but never looked like running away with it. Questioned Rocky 3 man wall when he set it up but no much you can do about that strike. Young Doig looks good but if we are going to favour Stevenson over him this season a loan to top end of championship or lower premiership club wouldn’t do him any harm over sitting on our bench. Gogic done exactly what we’ve been crying out for. Nesbit done well with out over exciting but hopefully as doidge gets fitter can get the 2 of them on from the start and really cause problems. Boyle MOTM for me although as I said elsewhere called a bit early on the game with 15mijs to go

cleanyman

Bounce Radge
I think Cliff is a terrible commentator

Obviously folk know him and he's a Hibs man but the lack of enthusiasm in that second half wasn't good enough imo

Al Catraz

Bounce Radge
Thank you (1875) for the summary as always. I don't know you personally but feel I do. It takes a great deal of enthusiasm and effort to do what you do, week in week out and it is much appreciated. It is not easy to write reports and summaries in a way that makes the reader feel they are taking part in a "conversation".

Greenmachine

Bounce Radge
I was a bit scathing of Hibs on the other thread, but i'll put that down to having a few personal stresses and anxieties at the moment which are clouding my thoughts a bit on everything.

It's clear Ross has been working on the defensive side of our game over the summer with the squad due to the amount of goals we conceded last season. Despite Killie having the lions share of possession they didn't really trouble Rocky and it took a fantastic strike from Chris Burke direct from a free-kick to beat him. No blame attached to him for the goal btw, it would have beaten most goalkeepers in the world.

The central defensive trio of McGinn, Porteous and Hanlon I thought looked solid, and benefited from having Gogic protecting them, Doig ( who done fine on his debut...wasn't really able to get forward much due to having to mark the experienced and excellent Burke) and Wright were pinned back so couldn't really provide any ammo for the strikers from wide areas. I just got annoyed with our chronic inability to retain possession of the ball for any period, and we were far too deep for the most part.

Boyle took his goals really well. Nisbet just looks short of games. I think he might take a wee while to settle in, but he clearly has talent and with several clubs after him he must have something. Doidge is a big miss when he is not on the park. It's absolutely vital that one of your strikers can hold the ball up. Once he gets back to full fitness I think he will start scoring regularly again. I thought Newall had a decent game, but similar to Scott Allan they are both attack minded players and neither likes to track back and get stuck in. IMO we still need an experienced leader in the middle of the park. Docherty would also be a big signing for us.

Coverage was fine. Missed the first 15 minutes as I couldn't get the hang of things to get it on my TV, but managed to watch the rest of the game on my PC.

Last edited:

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
Didn’t see the game but delighted with the three points, i believe Killie came out the traps in the second half and kept the ball from us which is disappointing, Michael Stewart hit the nail in the head where he said we lacked urgency in the midfield that Docherty would give us. He also said Gogic was doing the jobs of 3 players in our midfield, so by that I take it Alan & Newell doesn’t work?
I personally thought Newell done ok, Allan wasn't at his best though. But aye, Gogic was immense, especially first half. Not entirely convinced Docherty would have made a huge difference tbh. Put it this way mate, I reckon the Hibs of last season would have capitulated and either lost or drawn that game.

sockyboy

Bounce Radge
I personally thought Newell done ok, Allan wasn't at his best though. But aye, Gogic was immense, especially first half. Not entirely convinced Docherty would have made a huge difference tbh. Put it this way mate, I reckon the Hibs of last season would have capitulated and either lost or drawn that game.
And can I just add, MS can bugger off wi they daft comments. Whether Docherty would or wouldn't have made a difference is irrelevant, hes not a Hibs player. I'm sure Messi would have improved things too, but unfortunately he's no a Hibby either.

Robert Barone

Bounce Radge
Just pleased we won that (grinding out results in the current climate is essential) Build on it now...couple of astute signings, one at Centre Half and some pace and mobility in midfield could make a big difference. The balance of the team still doesnt look right to me atm but I guess we will have to make do and mend until others go. God help us if we lose Boyle tho..his directness terrifies defences and creates space he can either take advantage of himself or for others.

I quite enjoy listening to Jack Ross and think he is the right man for us atm but it does concern me how easily we can fall out of games, much in the same way his Sunderland sides did. Still early days for him tho so too early to judge and would be unfair given he is largely working with another manager's squad still.

Liked the look of Gogic and was pleasantly surprised the defence was robust enough to withstand the second half pressure. Midfield still unbalanced and our options were a bit limited up front by the injury to Doidge so there is room for improvement. Overall a pleasing result..glimpses of quality with a pretty solid looking defence today. Things to build on.

Rocky

Bounce Radge
Just back fae the livingroom and I will take that. Sorry I am a bit late, there was traffic at the fridge. Good first half, pretty poor second but a win is a win. I have to say I hate watching Hibs on the telly, although I was joined by 3 of my wee band of 7 who normally take their seats in the West Lower. I am not looking forward to trying to write the game up, whilst you get the replays you get the game through the eyes of the camera person, you dinnae get to see the whole pictch and how the game is unfolding and what is going on off the ball. The quality of stream provided by Hibs was poor at best, they have to do much much better for the fans, no arguments. picture quality was iffy, sound quality dreadful, although I liked Tam and Cliff's commentary, having Tam run over from the south stand to the commentary area was stupid. Joelle is fine too, a Hibby and fitba person talking about Hibs. Who was the ugly auld get from Sydney on the telly at half time? ;))

Best for Hibs for me were Boyler, Gogic, McGinn, Doig and Doidge when he came on. Nisbet is a handful, Wright was decent first half, reported missing second, Porto gets tore in, Rocky stick stays on his line too much. Decent debut for young Josh, he will get better I think, marking the mercurial Burke was a hard shift. Paul Hanlon was ok, and I was disappointed with the efforts of Allan, Newell and Horgan. Tactically I thought Jack made the wrong tweak at half time, he put Wright through the middle and Boyler wide and it did not work. We did have a stonewall penalty turned down but the referee is a known Hun bastard, so no surprise there.

So the team....

Marciano, couple of good saves, I felt he set his wall up badly and got his positioning wrong at the goal, all that said it was a peach. Still shaky at crosses though goalie.

McGinn strolled through the game and kept their young winger quiet.

Porto was very decent, some strong challenges at the end.

Paul was Paul, make of that what you will.

Josh Doig had a surprising and decent debut, that was some first shift you had to put in son.

Alex Gogic, I am impressed, quietly efficient and I loved seeing a player of his type back in a Hibs strip. More box to box than I expected too.

Scott Allan was quiet, other than one good ball for a goal he didnt really get going.

Joe Newell was pretty much the same as Scottie, althoughhe gave a bit more.

Wright was decent wide right first half, didnae work through the middle second half at all. Reminded me of a a beefier Ivan Sproule.

Boyler was on fire especially first half through the middle. Every goal adds another £100,000 to his value unfortunately.

Nissie had a quiet start but showed enough to suggest he will be a good signing.

Subs

Scottie came off for Horgan, Daryll does not play well in the middle of midfield.

Lewis replaced Doig and done fine, he always does.

Doidge replaced Wright and I felt Chris brought us back into the game, he worked really hard and was a menace. Holds the ball up well too.

Melker replaced Nissie with 6 to go and tightened up the defence, it worked and we saw the game out.

The Boss

First half Jack had us playing the Hibernian way, or certainly the one I like. I am slightly concerned he likes to sit on a lead, I dont think we are good enough to do that and parts of the second half reminded me of the days of us conceding late goals every game. Not that we did right enough. Take a win though, Killie are decent.

The Hibs TV Team

I thought Cliff was excellent, absolutely professional in everything he does, he could work on telly. Tam brought some decent jokey insight, Joelle speaks like a knowledgable fan which is good. Tanner, well he has to stop sounding so chuffed when reading out the Huns score, especially when they win, save the joy in your voice for when the bastards get beat pal. The quality of the picture and especially the sound was piss poor and need improved pronto. You have a few weeks thanks to Sky, sort it out Hibs, there is money to be made there.

As I said, feck only knows what that Aussie boy wi the Leith accent and his teeth oot was slavering about? (Hope you are well Fred, you certainly looked well fed!!). :beer-1-prv: 🦘

Killie were pretty decent after a slow start, I felt that their goal was a peach but the wall was poorly set up. Burke remains a player and it was nice to see Andy Millen on the bench, pity he didnae get on. Some good players there.

The referee is a Hun bastard, that is all on him, other than what the hell is going on with his hair?

Us, the Fans. No the same is it, first day of the season should be about the whole day, watching Hibs in your livingroom isnae the same for many of us, I didnae enjoy the experience, I did enjoy the win.

My Man of the Match was Boyler, only Gogic came close.

Next up is Livi away, always a tricky one. I hope Livi are smarter than Hibs and sell away fans an opportunity to watch their team. I will happily pay, I am sure 1000's more will.

Its my oldest laddies 22nd birthday today, HIbs never win on his birthday, they did today, I am happy about that! Hibby Burpday Sean!

And finally, this Just Back is dedicated to all the Hibernian fans who sadly lost their lives during this horrible Covid pandemic, your memory marches on! 💚

Hibernian Forever!
Think I've missed Just Back nearly as much as I've missed the fitba, thanks again for taking the time to do it.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Bounce Radge
Just a wee thing about Doig and Burke. Doig done well against Burke yesterday, I read a thing the other day aboot Franz Hickey playing against Burke in a 3-0 win for Killie last season. Burke gave him that much of a run around in the first half Hickey didnae come oot for the second half. Hopefully Doig will be as good a servant as Lewis has been.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, we realise that users may not be able to with this nasty virus, but if can, it would be very much appriecated ? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section. Stay Safe, The Bounce.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£40.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

The Bounce is 19 Years Old