• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Josh Doig

HibernianGuBràth

Private Member
Reaction score
Absolutely superb performance today from young Doig. Was great going forward and caused Hamilton serious problems. A well grounded lad with serious talent. Delighted he got his goal aswell. Definitely MOTM for me.

Motm no doubt bout it.

Yup, another excellent game.

Anyone know his contract situation?
Definitely a player we should be looking to tie to a long term contract.

His contract is till 2023

Sadly I think he will go for big money

That's what we want?

His contract is till 2023
Hopefully we're trying to extend/improve on that.

That's what we want?

I would rather keep him for another season or two but with the clubs that are monitoring him it will be a massive task to keep him.

Excellent game for Doig today, feels like he's going to keep getting better too

Credit to JR too for giving him the chance.
Sadly for Josh, any future Scotland call ups might be restricted with the ridiculous amount of class left backs we have

Had a really good game. Deserved his goal.

I hope so.

I would rather keep him for another season or two but with the clubs that are monitoring him it will be a massive task to keep him.
Do you know clubs are monitoring him ? Whatever happens and whenever it happens I hope chooses down south or Europe and not up the M8

Keeps on progressing and putting in the performances he’s given us he’ll go for big money down south. Benefitting a lot from LS mentoring and JR has man managed him really well.

Exciting prospect we have on our hands.

He has had a fantastic season and it highlights the point that if you give young players a run in the team and not stick with the the older players who the fans love , then you never know how good they will become......

Reactions: Boo
He has had a fantastic season and it highlights the point that if you give young players a run in the team and not stick with the the older players who the fans love , then you never know how good they will become....
The Golden Generation backs up your point.
Although of course others may simply prove that they will never reach the required level and end up at the likes of Forfar or Gunts.

Keeps on progressing and putting in the performances he’s given us he’ll go for big money down south. Benefitting a lot from LS mentoring and JR has man managed him really well.

Exciting prospect we have on our hands.

I think Jack Ross deserves a lot of credit for having faith in Josh Doig, and also for managing his game time well.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve thought Doig looked able to keep up his high intensity style for the entire 90 minutes. That’s a massive milestone in his development. The more he trains and plays, the better he’ll become.

I think Jack Ross deserves a lot of credit for having faith in Josh Doig, and also for managing his game time well.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve thought Doig looked able to keep up his high intensity style for the entire 90 minutes. That’s a massive milestone in his development. The more he trains and plays, the better he’ll become.
Excellent point.

Looks like he's in talks over a new contract.

The clever move of course, maximise the return. Gives him a boost in the meantime, rewards his standing in the squad and other young players can see that they will be rewarded when they earn it.

Isnt that exactly why Hibs develop young players.❓

The club deliberately run at an operating loss but sell players especially young and exciting players to balance the books every so often.

Doig has come from nowhere as to a lesser extent has Nissy. 12 months ago Hibs only sellable asset was Porto and even that wasn't a gimmie with his constant knee injuries.?

Now there is 3 huge sells in the pipeline but it going to take big effort to get Doig's new contract and hence the mega transfer fee tied up.

However Hibs have a very good historical track record in tying up young players and you would like to think there is enough good advice around to tell him he wants to be like McGinn, Fletcher, O'Connor, Whittaker or "The Twins".✅

Riordan is the only one that slipped through the net and even that was only because Mowbray was full of his own self importance and wanted to play the "big man" by holding back the Riordan new contract until he had seen a bit more of him.?.

That bit of indecision cost £2million "doon the swanny".?

Didn't Mowbray chuck a 4 year contract and a suitcase of money to dross like Danny Handling as well and I'll blame him for Makalamby as well just for good measure even though it was about 5 years later ?.

Who was it that offered that daftie a 3 year contract.❓ Yogi probably who seemed to have a thing about signing duff goalies.?

Last edited:
Didn't Mowbray chuck a 4 year contract and a suitcase of money to dross like Danny Handling as well and I'll blame him for Makalamby as well just for good measure.?
if he did then questions need to be asked as Handling was 12 year old when Mowbray fukd off from Hibs. Bag of Haribo and a scud mag would’ve sealed the deal.

if he did then questions need to be asked as Handling was 12 year old when Mowbray fukd off from Hibs. Bag of Haribo and a scud mag would’ve sealed the deal.

Yeah right enough.✅?.

Who was it Calderwood or Fenlon?

I remember being disbelieving that this guy was getting this huge wedge having hardly kicked a ball and no potential as far as I could see.?

Somebody called Billy Findlay (Yup who?) once got a 5 year contract on a similar wing and a prayer decades earlier.

Last edited:
Yeah right enough.✅?.

Who was it Calderwood or Fenelon?

I remember being disbelieving that this guy was getting this huge wedge having hardly kicked a ball and no potential as far as I could see.?
Agreed, he never looked very impressive and certainly not to merit that length of deal.

His achievements since Hibs back that up.

On Doig, most of the hype is due to his age. Hope he continues to progress.

It was Stubbs who gave Danny Handling a 4-year contract in 2014.
Handling lands new Hibernian deal

Billy Findlay was a decent player

It was Stubbs who gave Danny Handling a 4-year contract in 2014.
Handling lands new Hibernian deal
So? Some would say he is a brilliant prospect who will soon take over from Ronaldo etc at the top of European football...? :)

I think the lad is superb, his attitude appears to be spot on to add to his undoubted talent and athleticism.
He appears to be the modern full back, as in the weak part of his game is actually defending!!!

That's the heartiest belly laugh I've had in some time, EA, much obliged!

So? Some would say he is a brilliant prospect who will soon take over from Ronaldo etc at the top of European football...? :)
Indeed. He was the Ollie Shaw of his time.

Indeed. He was the Ollie Shaw of his time.
Was that Ollie? Cheers.

God, time flies when you're having a pandemic.

Yeah right enough.✅?.

Somebody called Billy Findlay (Yup who?) once got a 5 year contract on a similar wing and a prayer decades earlier.
Remember that..Alex Miller days I think. Done and went on to do nothing as far as I can remember. I kept watching him thinking there must be something I’m missing ??

Remember that..Alex Miller days I think. Done and went on to do nothing as far as I can remember. I kept watching him thinking there must be something I’m missing ??
Woops, should have said I was talking about Billy Findlay

Billy Findlay was a decent player

I liked him too, but he used to get hurt awfy easily?

He did.

Injured far too often. He was very highly rated though at the time hence the five year deal. There were occasions where I thought he looked very good, but he just didn't play often enough.

Let's hope Kyle Magennis justifies the faith the current manager has shown in him. As I have said before I cannot remember a new signing from Hibs ever getting a five year deal. Maybe someone can come up with a name ? They must really see high potential in him. Next season will tell a tale with Magennis.

It would be great to get Josh Doig on a longer deal. He looks the part even at such a young age. They have to be careful with him though. Excessive hype has ruined too many promising lads of that age in football.

There was a Saturday afternoon wrestler on ITV called "Fit" Findlay so that became Billy Findlays terracing nickname as of course he always seemed to be injured.?

When I say terracing I mean just me as no one else on the East terracing seemed to find it particularly amusing but it kept me happy for the best part of 5 years.?

He did.

Injured far too often. He was very highly rated though at the time hence the five year deal. There were occasions where I thought he looked very good, but he just didn't play often enough.

Let's hope Kyle Magennis justifies the faith the current manager has shown in him. As I have said before I cannot remember a new signing from Hibs ever getting a five year deal. Maybe someone can come up with a name ? They must really see high potential in him. Next season will tell a tale with Magennis.

It would be great to get Josh Doig on a longer deal. He looks the part even at such a young age. They have to be careful with him though. Excessive hype has ruined too many promising lads of that age in football.

You’re right it’s rare , Zemmama got a 5 year deal a while back when he joined although got complicated I think

This thread has been viewed 3216 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back