Josh Doig

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
Sadly I think he will go for big money
Isnt that exactly why Hibs develop young players.❓

The club deliberately run at an operating loss but sell players especially young and exciting players to balance the books every so often.

Doig has come from nowhere as to a lesser extent has Nissy. 12 months ago Hibs only sellable asset was Porto and even that wasn't a gimmie with his constant knee injuries.😥

Now there is 3 huge sells in the pipeline but it going to take big effort to get Doig's new contract and hence the mega transfer fee tied up.

However Hibs have a very good historical track record in tying up young players and you would like to think there is enough good advice around to tell him he wants to be like McGinn, Fletcher, O'Connor, Whittaker or "The Twins".✅

Riordan is the only one that slipped through the net and even that was only because Mowbray was full of his own self importance and wanted to play the "big man" by holding back the Riordan new contract until he had seen a bit more of him.🤔.

That bit of indecision cost £2million "doon the swanny".😥

Didn't Mowbray chuck a 4 year contract and a suitcase of money to dross like Danny Handling as well and I'll blame him for Makalamby as well just for good measure even though it was about 5 years later 😉.

Who was it that offered that daftie a 3 year contract.❓ Yogi probably who seemed to have a thing about signing duff goalies.😉

Last edited:

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
if he did then questions need to be asked as Handling was 12 year old when Mowbray fukd off from Hibs. Bag of Haribo and a scud mag would’ve sealed the deal.

Yeah right enough.✅👏.

Who was it Calderwood or Fenlon?

I remember being disbelieving that this guy was getting this huge wedge having hardly kicked a ball and no potential as far as I could see.🤔

Somebody called Billy Findlay (Yup who?) once got a 5 year contract on a similar wing and a prayer decades earlier.

Last edited:

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Yeah right enough.✅👏.

Who was it Calderwood or Fenelon?

I remember being disbelieving that this guy was getting this huge wedge having hardly kicked a ball and no potential as far as I could see.🤔
Agreed, he never looked very impressive and certainly not to merit that length of deal.

His achievements since Hibs back that up.

On Doig, most of the hype is due to his age. Hope he continues to progress.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I think the lad is superb, his attitude appears to be spot on to add to his undoubted talent and athleticism.
He appears to be the modern full back, as in the weak part of his game is actually defending!!!

Tikki06

New radge
Yeah right enough.✅👏.

Who was it Calderwood or Fenlon?

Somebody called Billy Findlay (Yup who?) once got a 5 year contract on a similar wing and a prayer decades earlier.
Remember that..Alex Miller days I think. Done and went on to do nothing as far as I can remember. I kept watching him thinking there must be something I’m missing 😳🤷

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
I liked him too, but he used to get hurt awfy easily?
He did.

Injured far too often. He was very highly rated though at the time hence the five year deal. There were occasions where I thought he looked very good, but he just didn't play often enough.

Let's hope Kyle Magennis justifies the faith the current manager has shown in him. As I have said before I cannot remember a new signing from Hibs ever getting a five year deal. Maybe someone can come up with a name ? They must really see high potential in him. Next season will tell a tale with Magennis.

It would be great to get Josh Doig on a longer deal. He looks the part even at such a young age. They have to be careful with him though. Excessive hype has ruined too many promising lads of that age in football.

SlovSam

Legendary Radge
I liked him too, but he used to get hurt awfy easily?

There was a Saturday afternoon wrestler on ITV called "Fit" Findlay so that became Billy Findlays terracing nickname as of course he always seemed to be injured.😥

When I say terracing I mean just me as no one else on the East terracing seemed to find it particularly amusing but it kept me happy for the best part of 5 years.😉

tricky

Legendary Radge
He did.

Injured far too often. He was very highly rated though at the time hence the five year deal. There were occasions where I thought he looked very good, but he just didn't play often enough.

Let's hope Kyle Magennis justifies the faith the current manager has shown in him. As I have said before I cannot remember a new signing from Hibs ever getting a five year deal. Maybe someone can come up with a name ? They must really see high potential in him. Next season will tell a tale with Magennis.

It would be great to get Josh Doig on a longer deal. He looks the part even at such a young age. They have to be careful with him though. Excessive hype has ruined too many promising lads of that age in football.

You’re right it’s rare , Zemmama got a 5 year deal a while back when he joined although got complicated I think

Reactions: Zab
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
Monthly Goal: £107.00
Donations so far: £50.00