• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

John McGinn

There is clearly is difference of opinion regarding %'s. Hibs have not come out with sale details so what's the crack. Not from Scottish MSM hopefully.

BIG G
Yes they did, it was confirmed at the AGM.

villa 85%
cabbage 10.5%
st midden 4.5%
Merci.

BIG G

I've got a feeling that we will never know and benefit from the sell on as I see John McGinn not ever moving from Aston Villa. He's already at a huge club. For him to move on from there would mean he was going to one of the big six. It would require one of them to most likely make John their biggest investment that window. I just think he's very happy at Villa and that he might stay there the rest of his career.

That would be a scunner right enough.

I've got a feeling that we will never know and benefit from the sell on as I see John McGinn not ever moving from Aston Villa. He's already at a huge club. For him to move on from there would mean he was going to one of the big six. It would require one of them to most likely make John their biggest investment that window. I just think he's very happy at Villa and that he might stay there the rest of his career.

I think your right there, and I can’t see any of the “big 6” or Leicester splashing out the cash required to sign him. The only way he’ll likely leave is if Villa are relegated, in which case the fee wouldn’t be as big as we hope.

Well, all that optimism de-escalated quickly... :(

What kind of add-ons do we get for number of appearances, etc?

I think your right there, and I can’t see any of the “big 6” or Leicester splashing out the cash required to sign him. The only way he’ll likely leave is if Villa are relegated, in which case the fee wouldn’t be as big as we hope.
I think he will go to a bigger club, it's all about when.
Much depends on how he performs in the Euros. If he is a stand-out and Scotland do better than expected I think he will be very much in demand this summer.

I think he will go to a bigger club, it's all about when.
Much depends on how he performs in the Euros. If he is a stand-out and Scotland do better than expected I think he will be very much in demand this summer.

Pre-Covid I’d have agreed with you but these big clubs are struggling financially, as shown by the desperate Super League project. They simply don’t have the money to splash like they used to.

If any of the big clubs are going to make a £40m plus investment, I don’t see it being on a 26 year old Scottish midfielder. The only way he’s leaving Villa this summer is if he really does have a stand out Euros, and he pushes for a move.

And Everton, who I hear are interested. John Boy would fill a big missing link to the Toffees midfield.

Reactions: Zab
Villa lost nearly £100 million according to their (i think) latest financial results Villa report £99.2m loss as Villa Park expansion plan outlined.

Might focus their owners minds re selling one of their assets over the Summer. Maybe selling McGinn but keeping Grealish would be a likely scenario their fans would consider palatable.

Last edited:
Have you ever had a peek at Villa forums. He isn't a fans favourite at the minute:

From Villa Talk forum after Wednesday against City...

"Nice to see him score but technically he really isn't great against this sort of opposition. If he can't use his backside to hold off the player or get a free kick he usually just gives the ball away."

"All-round play again non-existent and he gave the ball away four times which is an improvement (at least) on the six against Liverplop."

"he's a liabiility and needs to be benched next season."

"he looks overweight, he looks immobile. He doesnt look the lean and mobile player from last year/previous times."

"I'm just not a fan anymore. Needs to be a squad player next season."

It goes on like this....

Last edited:
Have you ever had a peak at Villa forums. He isn't a fans favourite at the minute:

"Nice to see him score but technically he really isn't great against this sort of opposition. If he can't use his backside to hold off the player or get a free kick he usually just gives the ball away."

"All-round play again non-existent and he gave the ball away four times which is an improvement (at least) on the six against Liverplop."

"he looks overweight, he looks immobile. He doesnt look the lean and mobile player from last year/previous times."

It goes on like this....
I reckon he could still do a job for us.

I reckon he could still do a job for us.
Swap deal for Mallan. It's happening.

I'm sure he's happy there but if arsenal /man utd etc came in with a £50m-£60m bid I doubt villa would be too unhappy if he wanted to move

Have you ever had a peak at Villa forums. He isn't a fans favourite at the minute:

It goes on like this....
Ungrateful bastards!!!

And the rest of the villa team excel against the likes of man City right enough 🙄

I dont think they'd even get 50Mil

Not that I don't think he's worth it in the English football market, but I dont think they'll get too much more than 50M for Grealish, and he's their main guy. I know they want 100M but that doesn't mean anything.

Once SJM is top scorer at the euros £50m couldn't buy his left peg

I don’t see the lad Declan Rice being that much better than SJM, and they are talking 80 million for him.

I don’t see the lad Declan Rice being that much better than SJM, and they are talking 80 million for him.

There are two things that will inflate the price for Declan Rice way above what John McGinn would be worth - he’s four years younger (22) and he’s English.

That said I don’t think anyone would be £80 million for him.

There are two things that will inflate the price for Declan Rice way above what John McGinn would be worth - he’s four years younger (22) and he’s English.

That said I don’t think anyone would be £80 million for him.

Aye, England International means more to them than a Scottish international does.

I think John leaves Villa at some point, but the 50mils are a bit wishful.
Would be nice though. For him as well. The bonus that comes with that kinda wedge will be sweet.

Apparently Liverpool want him to replace Gini Wijnaldum
Man United the other rumoured club.

Show us the money!! 💰🤑💸💲💶💵

• Love
If rice is worth £80m then SJM is worth £100 - Ditto with that bawbag Phillips too

Apparently Liverpool want him to replace Gini Wijnaldum
Man United the other rumoured club.

Show us the money!! 💰🤑💸💲💶💵

Mate and family just back from London this morning. From the time they arrived before the game, the talk everywhere was about Liverpool regarding John.

BIG G

Mate and family just back from London this morning. From the time they arrived before the game, the talk everywhere was about Liverpool regarding John.

BIG G

To think Everton could of had him for £3 million, although believe the red shite are Super John's English team.

10% being the quoted sell on clause.

10% being the quoted sell on clause.
From the AGM..15%.
st mirren on a 3rd so we basically get 10%

From the AGM..15%.
st mirren on a 3rd so we basically get 10%

Aye I remember the maths day on here now you mention it 😆

Aye I remember the maths day on here now you mention it 😆

I think the 15% is Hibs cut.

I dont think SJM has had a particularly good tournament so far. Need him to shine today , to help Scotland and get him noticed on the big stage.

I dont think SJM has had a particularly good tournament so far. Need him to shine today , to help Scotland and get him noticed on the big stage.
I thought he played quite well against England along with the other Scotland midfielders, however overall I agree with you, so far he has not been the stand-out he needs to be to help attract a bigger club, and tonight gives him a great chance of really making his mark.

I thought he played quite well against England along with the other Scotland midfielders, however overall I agree with you, so far he has not been the stand-out he needs to be to help attract a bigger club, and tonight gives him a great chance of really making his mark.

I think he will shine tonight. Against the Czech's he was man marked by Soucek.

Against England i thought he did well.

Tonight Croatia also have to win to qualify so i think it will be a more open game.

Fingers and Toes crossed

This thread has been viewed 8714 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back