John Lennon's tragic murder; 40 years on.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
on the back of a twitter thread by Jo Caulfield I was racking my brains for anything decent that Paul McCartney had been involved in.

best I could come up with was his Michael Jackson collaboration, and maybe live and let die.

Whereas I think the body of work of Lennon & Harrison is enduring and beautiful
Music is all subjective and down to taste, but I can't agree with you there.
McCartney for me is one of the all time great songwriters. The most successful in the history of popular music.

southfieldhibby

Reaction score
on the back of a twitter thread by Jo Caulfield I was racking my brains for anything decent that Paul McCartney had been involved in.

best I could come up with was his Michael Jackson collaboration, and maybe live and let die.

Possibly the only problem with McCartney post Beatles ( please tell you like his Beatles stuff!?) is the volume of work. He has produced some stuff I don't especially like, but as Lennon and Harrison admitted to, McCartney drove the band to produce pretty much all their albums from Rubber Soul because they were pretty lazy. McCartney is a workaholic.

I like McCartney the album, Maybe I'm amazed is tremendous. Band on The Run is a brilliant album, right up there with my all time favourites. Live and Let Die, the best Bond theme ever? I'm less keen on the frog chorus.

With Beatles albums I'm usually drawn to Harrison's songs, but that's not to say he's in the same talent class of Lennon or McCartney, but he can produce an absolute banger when required.

Hibee Kev

Legendary Radge
Reaction score

Listen to What the Man Said
Silly Love Songs
No More Lonely Nights
The People's Postcode Lottery one

Some of my favourite Macca solo efforts!

Purple & Green

Radge McRadge
Admin
Reaction score
What an epically weird thing to say.

Interestingly if Chapman hadn’t managed to murder Lennon he intended to kill Bowie the night after at this gig. Chapman had a front row seat for this gig, so did Lennon and Ono, so Bowie did the gig with 3 empty seats knowing why. Mental.

Ah. Not in agreement there B, but is the PMcC we now see, the REAL Paul?
Or did he die in an accident all those years ago?

Wind on 13 months.

As my punishment for that comment, my son who is 7, is guitar daft. Nicely learning with the help of a really good guitar teacher. He loves music, all kinds, but he REALLY, REALLY loves the Beatles. Listens to them all the time. Plays Beatles songs that I've never even heard of when we are in the car and he's in charge of the music. It's pretty cool truth to be told. Certainly weaned him off that oasis shite his mum had him listening too.

We went down to Liverpool October last year (it was that or Manchester and city and didnt have game on when we could go), and ended up at the Music Museum and also the Beatles exhibition. Needless to say P&G Junior loved it, and became even more Beatles daft than he was already.

I have to fess up to a grudging admiration of Paul, and what the Beatles achieved. Maybe because it all happened before I was born I didn't really grasp the significance.

Most impressed his skill with a guitar got Jane Asher into bed too.

southfieldhibby

Reaction score
Wind on 13 months.

As my punishment for that comment, my son who is 7, is guitar daft. Nicely learning with the help of a really good guitar teacher. He loves music, all kinds, but he REALLY, REALLY loves the Beatles. Listens to them all the time. Plays Beatles songs that I've never even heard of when we are in the car and he's in charge of the music. It's pretty cool truth to be told. Certainly weaned him off that oasis shite his mum had him listening too.

We went down to Liverpool October last year (it was that or Manchester and city and didnt have game on when we could go), and ended up at the Music Museum and also the Beatles exhibition. Needless to say P&G Junior loved it, and became even more Beatles daft than he was already.

I have to fess up to a grudging admiration of Paul, and what the Beatles achieved. Maybe because it all happened before I was born I didn't really grasp the significance.

Most impressed his skill with a guitar got Jane Asher into bed too.
Has your lad seen the *disney documentary? It’s long, but I thought it was great. Shows Lennon as a genius but more so McCartney. Next level talent

Greenmachine

Reaction score
Got a week-end booked to Liverpool in July with my Beatles daft 20 year old nephew.
Twice postponed...very much looking forward to going back. Hoping to see some good tribute bands and do all the Beatles stuff again....this time with him.
Paul will be 80 this year. Would be good if he made an appearance in Liverpool on his birthday when I was there !

moathibby

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Macartney brought out a pro IRA single-get your head round that!No! Not Lennon,McCartney.Am I the only one who actually likes the Frog Chorus?C-moon are we-I reckon he was actually saying to Linda 'I bet we could say Semen and get away with it'.

Spanish-hibs

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Listen to What the Man Said
Silly Love Songs
No More Lonely Nights
The People's Postcode Lottery one

Some of my favourite Macca solo efforts!
The late, great Joe Strummer said ‘ it’s 1977 - no Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones but John Lennon roolz ok. ‘

Admin
Reaction score

Band on the run?

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

Support the Site!

Goal
£100.00
Earned
£57.00