John Lennon's tragic murder; 40 years on.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
on the back of a twitter thread by Jo Caulfield I was racking my brains for anything decent that Paul McCartney had been involved in.

best I could come up with was his Michael Jackson collaboration, and maybe live and let die.

Whereas I think the body of work of Lennon & Harrison is enduring and beautiful
Music is all subjective and down to taste, but I can't agree with you there.
McCartney for me is one of the all time great songwriters. The most successful in the history of popular music.

southfieldhibby

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
on the back of a twitter thread by Jo Caulfield I was racking my brains for anything decent that Paul McCartney had been involved in.

best I could come up with was his Michael Jackson collaboration, and maybe live and let die.

Possibly the only problem with McCartney post Beatles ( please tell you like his Beatles stuff!?) is the volume of work. He has produced some stuff I don't especially like, but as Lennon and Harrison admitted to, McCartney drove the band to produce pretty much all their albums from Rubber Soul because they were pretty lazy. McCartney is a workaholic.

I like McCartney the album, Maybe I'm amazed is tremendous. Band on The Run is a brilliant album, right up there with my all time favourites. Live and Let Die, the best Bond theme ever? I'm less keen on the frog chorus.

With Beatles albums I'm usually drawn to Harrison's songs, but that's not to say he's in the same talent class of Lennon or McCartney, but he can produce an absolute banger when required.

Hibee Kev

Well-Known Radge

Listen to What the Man Said
Silly Love Songs
No More Lonely Nights
The People's Postcode Lottery one

Some of my favourite Macca solo efforts!

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage
SUPPORT THE SITE!
March Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £0.00

Unread Posts