Jermaine Pennant

SUPPORT THE SITE!
November Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £30.00

EastMeetsWest

Well-Known Radge
Was he not training at us last year too?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

[COLOR=rgba(34, 34, 34, 0.95)]From the ENN
"The player spent a few days training with Hibs in November last year before making a January move to Bury where he went on to make seven appearances. Lennon has handed the player another chance to impress as he looks to bolster his squad for their return to the Ladbrokes Premiership."
[/COLOR]

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
I'm hearing:rascal:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HWZisnZ-RGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

westsidehibs

Well-Known Radge
I'm starting to get a wee bit concerned we are bringing in a guy at this age to have a look at him considering the amount of monies been brought in already .

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
We might as well look at him if he is free. I doubt we would be spunking any major dosh on him and the midfield lacks depth.

The Family

Capital Radge
I'm starting to get a wee bit concerned we are bringing in a guy at this age to have a look at him considering the amount of monies been brought in already .

Me too mate why are we even bothering with him, he came and trained with us before then went to Bury and hardly featured for them.

We need to be looking at younger hungrier talent. FFS!!

- - - Updated - - -

We might as well look at him if he is free. I doubt we would be spunking any major dosh on him and the midfield lacks depth.

Except wasting a wage where the money could be used for better quality players.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
How's that list of targets looking Lenny/Esteemed scouting set up??

I'm going to resist calling Pennant a flash f**k but he's someone that has already made his wedge, 34 (and a half) year old, has done F all worthwhile since last run of games at a decent level in late 2012. 7 games for Bury at the foot of League 1 and Singapore don't count in my view.

Has this guy still got the legs, hunger, desire to burst a gut playing for us? I'd suggest not and I'd also suggest that Lennon can't have much of a clue/plan for this window if getting JP in again, many months later from his last look.

Signing Whittaker and Marciano in the next week will do nothing to make me rethink we are on the right track in this window. Unearth some gems within the next couple of weeks Lenny - attackers FFS.

Micky

Just A Radge
I am really sorry but if Pennant is the quality Hibs are looking at then I fear that next season will be a long campaign, potentially undoing the feelgood factor which has been generated over the last couple of seasons. While I am not yet in panic mode I am getting a wee bit concerned that we could be looking at the oldest squad in the premier league. I just hope that there is at least a couple of real gems in the pipeline but.....

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Used to be a decent player, but a total shitebag as a man.

Big Efe is by all accounts an absolute gem of a bloke. It seems we are determined to balance that by signing shitebags. Yes I know.
But I'd rather we didn't.

Zab

Admin
Inviting numberous free agents to training is note a new practise, it's happened for a very long time. The only different is the rise of social media allows players to share their current location. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

In the seedy and convoluted world of football transfers, this could be Pennant's agent asking us to allow him some media attention while we purse another of the aforementioned agent's clients.... or perhaps Lennon wants to sign Pennant to replace Chris Humphrey.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge
I hope this is not true. He's way past his best and we should be looking for far better options than a washed up 35 year old journeyman.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here