• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

January

Somebody said he'd be barry signing and it went from there probably

Reported.

:coffee:

You know, as much as I like Liam Henderson, no player is more important than the club. Having said that I do understand his heart is in the right place, for want of a better expression, and that he is a professional attempting to get the best deal and future for himself. Fair play to that.

I've come to the conclusion though that if the club ascertain that he has the opportunity to come to Easter Road, and chooses elsewhere, Hibs put this interest to bed once and for all and inform that this is the final opportunity.

Not sure I would have said this before but recently I've been reading Kevin Nolan, Notts County's manager's words on the subject. In the last window he sounded out several players about going to Notts but they refused. Lo and behold, now that the club are looking good for promotion in the top two, these same players's agents are coming back to Notts stating that their players are now interested in going to Meadow Lane.

Nolan's policy is, I spoke to you and gave you the opportunity but you refused it, the door is now closed. It sounds harsh and self-defeating at first but when you look at it he is collecting a group of players that actually want to be at the club...and it's working. For him, he feels he's getting the right, committed characters in his squad.

Arguably, a good bit of management - and the results back that up so far, but nevertheless an interesting policy whichever way you look at it.

Interesting as that's not what he said to my mate at the Gunts game
Did he speak to this person on Dec 17th or at the Gunts game? You've said someone spoke to him last Sunday. But the Gunts game was 2 months ago. Very confusing

Did he speak to this person on Dec 17th or at the Gunts game? You've said someone spoke to him last Sunday. But the Gunts game was 2 months ago. Very confusing
Maybe he means Gunts v Smellies game? Hendo might have been there.

Interesting as that's not what he said to my mate at the Gunts game.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest i would like to think we could offer that kind of money for a quality player that will improve us, with the money us fans have contributed to, winning the cup funds etc.

And on top of that we still announced a loss..
Look, if Hibs really wanted to, then yes, they could make those funds available right now.

I would also say that our work in the summer with contracts and incoming players was largely a success, a success that obviously costs money.

All of it means squat when Celtic are the competing party financially.

Maybe he means Gunts v Smellies game? Hendo might have been there.
Gotcha...its all so predictable. Silly season about to be unleashed on January 1st

Honestly rather not have Hendo back and the money spent else where. Who's he going to replace in the midfield? He's not a massive improvement on anyone in there. Now if McGinn is leaving them I'd say yes, get him in ASAP. He's not as good as John, but we're unlikely to find a direct replacement anywhere near as good as SJM.

I would have him back for his ability to take a corner.

It’s almost sad to say but yes. How difficult can it be for today’s priofessionals.

It’s almost sad to say but yes. How difficult can it be for today’s priofessionals.
Probably as tough as it is for a good writer to always spell correctly :)

Happy xmas!

Probably as tough as it is for a good writer to always spell correctly :)

Happy xmas!

Touche!

Happy Christmas, Haarlem.

If it puts an end to the threatless short corners we take... Please! Not beating the first man virtually ever, when you've got Efe, Paul and Daz to aim for :pullhair:

It's like the cup final corners has made everyone forget what he's all about, because I think people forget how much effort went into every game from him, I remember him chasing just about everything, an attacking midfielder that would track back, can cross, can see and pick a pass..
Pretty much the only thing that was missing from his game is goals. Pretty handy freekick taker too.
Him and McGinn are no sort of trade off, neither could slot in for the other in a starting 11.

(not aimed directly at you either, I know you think he's more than that)

Is in Italy right now on trial.

NL just said on SSN that we have several signings lined up, but we need to trim our squad first.

NL just said on SSN that we have several signings lined up, but we need to trim our squad first.

Sadly not Henderson.

Sadly not Henderson.

Has he signed for Bari?

I am hearing we are interested

Last edited:
Has he signed for Bari?

You also told us it was done in the summer.

He's been offered a loan deal by Bari. Played 2 trial games and impressed.
Can't blame him if he goes there.

You also told us it was done in the summer.

He's been offered a loan deal by Bari. Played 2 trial games and impressed.
Can't blame him if he goes there.

We did try and get him in the summer but Celtic moved the goal posts on the deal.

Maybe with the funds we get from the sale of SJM will mean we can buy him, I know Bari have offered something but as of yet this hasn't been signed.

I have been told we are still interested.

We did try and get him in the summer but Celtic moved the goal posts on the deal.

Maybe with the funds we get from the sale of SJM will mean we can buy him, I know Bari have offered something but as of yet this hasn't been signed.

I have been told we are still interested.

When, where n how much are we selling John for?
Spending money we don't even have yet, ship on Liam will be sailing by then.

Has he signed for Bari?

We've always been interested but you told us a wee bit more....

I’ll no be that unhappy if he goes elsewhere now tbh,hardly played in 18 months and it would put an end to the rumours every window.

Happy for him to be a legend like Conrad Logan

What's the chances of us getting Mallan on a permanent? We had money for the berry guy in the summer that fell through, Barnsley could want to recoup some of the 250k they spent on him if he has failed to settle down there?

What's the chances of us getting Mallan on a permanent? We had money for the berry guy in the summer that fell through, Barnsley could want to recoup some of the 250k they spent on him if he has failed to settle down there?

There are rumours that an attacking midfielder was to be shown round the club today and that player was Mallan.

If true I will be delighted at this as he will certainly score goals.

- - - Updated - - -

When, where n how much are we selling John for?
Spending money we don't even have yet, ship on Liam will be sailing by then.

I expect SJM to be away in this window but hopefully not before the Derby cup game.

I expect SJM to be away in this window but hopefully not before the Derby cup game.

I dinnae, I expect him to still be playing for Hibs in February.

Hope you are right.

If Henderson joins a club on loan, he’ll still be a free agent in the summer....

Yip M, my thoughts also.

Cant see it mate, Middlesbrough, West Ham and probably Celtic will be his destination but as I say after the cup game.

Cant see it mate, Middlesbrough, West Ham and probably Celtic will be his destination but as I say after the cup game.

In that order? [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this inside info or just from rumours from here, elsewhere and mainstream media?

It's every viable option just in case.

He will still be here.
He'll want to finish the season, he's damn near guaranteed a move in the summer.

And if Henderson goes to Italy and impresses he won't be here next season.

He wont sign for any of them between now and the end of this month in my opinion.

He wont sign for any of them between now and the end of this month in my opinion.

This

His dip in form wouldn't have helped either if he was going in this window then there would have been movement already imho.

This

His dip in form wouldn't have helped either if he was going in this window then there would have been movement already imho.
I'm thinking the same. If we had a better run over Xmas period alone then it might be different but far too many were already in holiday mode. Maybe turn out to be a small blessing by the end of January.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Is this inside info or just from rumours from here, elsewhere and mainstream media?

Its well known that Moyes has been scouting SJM since his Sunderland days, Rodgers also has an interest and the latest one is Tony Pullis at Boro.

The club have already confirmed they will listen to offers and if our valuation is met and its a good move for SJM I think he will be away.

The club have already confirmed they will listen to offers

Have they? When?

I mean apart from Lennon and the standard manager stuff: "I'd expect interest in him, as he's a great player, etc"

Have they? When?

I mean apart from Lennon and the standard manager stuff: "I'd expect interest in him, as he's a great player, etc"

My thoughts too. They've said they expect interest but they've not at any time said they want to listen to offers?

My thoughts too. They've said they expect interest but they've not at any time said they want to listen to offers?

pretty sure Leanne said something along those lines at Christmas

We said we were preparing ourselves for offers.

This thread has been viewed 7036 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50