• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Deadline Day - 31 January 2022

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Right radges, stick all your transfer rumours for the upcoming January transfer window here.

I’ll keep track of the confirmed deals for the first team (not tracking development team players) here:

In - 8 players:
Mueller
Tait - back from loan
Melkersen
Henderson
Clarke
Bushiri
Mitchell
Jasper

Out - 8 players:
Wood - sent back to Middlesbrough
Gullan
Mackay - loan to Kilmarnock
Tait - loan to Kilmarnock
Boyle 😔
Hallberg
Gogic - loan to St Mirren
Murphy - loan to Mansfield Town

Last edited:
Scott, out

Nothing of new rumours but it can't be to far off. Excited to see who we get in and who goes.

Can we keep folks thoughts on “who we should go for or he’s out of contract” etc it is a rumours thread

Can we keep folks thoughts on “who we should go for or he’s out of contract” etc it is a rumours thread

Aye 100% we can, discussion and and rumours.

I’ll just update the first post with the ones that actually happen.

Gullan, contract expires at the end of the season and hasn't made the match day squad for sometime including for both Maloney games.
Accordingly I suspect he has a team lined up for January.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're trying to tap up Man City for some EDS players, given Caldwell's last job. Not sure if we'd be in the running or if they're even looking to loan him out, but one name I'd be looking out for is Oscar Bobb - quick, tricky left winger, made a good start to his first season at U23 level. Feel like he'd fit the style Maloney seems to be targeting, and Murphy's probably not a starter at this point...

Wonder if Lawrence Shankland will be on our radar either in January or more likely next summer ?
Playing in the Belgian league now so Maloney will have seen him play recently as well.
Not totally proven at the top level in Scotland, I think he is a natural goalscorer though and he could be one for next year, especially if and when Nisbet goes.

Wonder if we will be back in for McGrath, Aberdeen obviously being linked now as well

Wonder if we will be back in for McGrath, Aberdeen obviously being linked now as well

I kind of hope we don’t, no sure he’s all that good. I’m sure someone will point out his stats last season but that was last season, and stats don’t tell the whole story.

I would rather we didn’t target players from struggling teams. I’d rather we signed players used to winning, who can come in and cause our existing players to up their games.

Type of player that would do well here.
But im not sure it helps balance the squad, I'd maybe give him a miss tbh.

I would rather we didn’t target players from struggling teams. I’d rather we signed players used to winning, who can come in and cause our existing players to up their games.

That's all relative though, surely? Players from Kelty Hearts or Arbroath are used to winning. I cant imagine they are better suited to moving to Hibs than the best player from St Mirren?

Reactions: Dub
I kind of hope we don’t, no sure he’s all that good. I’m sure someone will point out his stats last season but that was last season, and stats don’t tell the whole story.

Boy is a regular starter for ROI so reckon he is playing in a team way below where he should be. I’d definitely take him

That's all relative though, surely? Players from Kelty Hearts or Arbroath are used to winning. I cant imagine they are better suited to moving to Hibs than the best player from St Mirren?

St Mirren are in the Premiership, no interested in Kelty Hearts. They can’t buy a win, do we want players used to losing? I don’t.

Boy is a regular starter for ROI so reckon he is playing in a team way below where he should be. I’d definitely take him

International player doesn’t mean they’re a good player IMO

I'm hoping for a few new names in the transfer/signing mix.
SM may have contacts in many places.
Other than Perth and Paisley at least.

Not a rumour, but Shaun says he will be getting involved in the window

And anyone who wants to pursue options elsewhere will be supported to do that.

In other news, we're receiving 250k from UEFA along with everyone else who was in the league last season.
So no cash for those at Tynefritzl

Not a rumour, but Shaun says he will be getting involved in the window

And anyone who wants to pursue options elsewhere will be supported to do that.

In other news, we're receiving 250k from UEFA along with everyone else who was in the league last season.
So no cash for those at Tynefritzl
If we do nothing else in the January window we must sign a centre half. Daz has given his all but is now well done and Ryan will be sitting in the stand for the next 3 games so time is of the essence.
I don't think there are many folk think we should sign McCart now and Findlay is on £5k a week in Portland so won't want to come back for much less.
Any suggestions of alternative centre halves, including loans who are available, good enough and within Hibs budget?

Agree a central defender is a must.
Still think McCart might still be on our radar, although he has had a poor season so far in a team which has badly under performed. He is also left sided so would be competition for Hanlon rather than Porteous.

Reactions: Zab
If we do nothing else in the January window we must sign a centre half. Daz has given his all but is now well done and Ryan will be sitting in the stand for the next 3 games so time is of the essence.
I don't think there are many folk think we should sign McCart now and Findlay is on £5k a week in Portland so won't want to come back for much less.
Any suggestions of alternative centre halves, including loans who are available, good enough and within Hibs budget?

I think Findlay would be a good signing, we could do with some height and presence in that back three. He’s hardly played over there so I think he could be tempted back to Scotland.

McCart as I said elsewhere I’m not keen on, never been impressed when I’ve seen him play against us but if Hibs deem him a good option then fair enough. Maybe Maloney and co will be able to develop him.

Kerr has hardly kicked a ball since his move to Wigan, maybe they could be tempted to cut their loses and he could be tempted back up the road if Hibs are willing to “pony up”.

I think Findlay would be a good signing, we could do with some height and presence in that back three. He’s hardly played over there so I think he could be tempted back to Scotland.

McCart as I said elsewhere I’m not keen on, never been impressed when I’ve seen him play against us but if Hibs deem him a good option then fair enough. Maybe Maloney and co will be able to develop him.

Kerr has hardly kicked a ball since his move to Wigan, maybe they could be tempted to cut their loses and he could be tempted back up the road if Hibs are willing to “pony up”.
Given Porteous will almost certainly leave in the summer Hibs will have to pony up for a quality replacement of the likes of Kerr or Findlay. Strange that Findlay isn't playing much in Portland. I wanted Hibs to sign him from Kilmarnock.

Given Porteous will almost certainly leave in the summer Hibs will have to pony up for a quality replacement of the likes of Kerr or Findlay. Strange that Findlay isn't playing much in Portland. I wanted Hibs to sign him from Kilmarnock.

Aye it does seem like Porteous will leave sooner than later, so we’ll need a replacement. We’re also a centre half short IMO, especially if we’re going to be playing 3 at the back.

We were linked with Findlay when the MLS season finished but there’s not been much said since then. I think it’s Philadelphia Union he plays for?

I think Findlay is linked with a couple sides back here already.
I reckon he leaves the US

Kerr I think would be doable as a loan in January, whether we can arrange a deal to buy after is worth a shot. Would be weird for any team to cut their losses within a year. So a loan would be worth the question imo.

Aye it does seem like Porteous will leave sooner than later, so we’ll need a replacement. We’re also a centre half short IMO, especially if we’re going to be playing 3 at the back.

We were linked with Findlay when the MLS season finished but there’s not been much said since then. I think it’s Philadelphia Union he plays for?
Philadelphia Union is correct, don't know why I was jibbering about Portland :unsure::friendly: Auld age.

• Haha

Would be going for Kerr in January, it’s going to be an interesting window as I think we might see a few gems coming in.

Would be going for Kerr in January, it’s going to be an interesting window as I think we might see a few gems coming in.
Did Kerr not knock us back last window? If so let him rot. Didn’t want to be here before, now hes not getting a game at new club i wouldn’t go back. I want players who want to be here

Did Kerr not knock us back last window? If so let him rot. Didn’t want to be here before, now hes not getting a game at new club i wouldn’t go back. I want players who want to be here

Did we even offer? We went for McCart publicly.

Did we even offer? We went for McCart publicly.
I’m not sure tbh

I think Jason Kerr was only ever paper talk given that he is a Hibs fan and were supposedly looking for a central defender last summer. We possibly made an enquiry, but whatever he was clearly made a good offer to move down south.

We were definitely in for Jamie McCart but couldn't match St Johnstone's valuation.

Last edited:

We didn’t go for Kerr mate, it was McCart but that was under Mathie & Co.

St Mirren and Ross County after Alex Gogic according to the Daily Record...

St Mirren and Ross County after Alex Gogic according to the Daily Record...

I’d let him go, doubt he’ll be up to playing the kind of role Maloney will be looking for from his central midfielders. Plus it will free up space in the squad for new arrivals.

I’d let him go, doubt he’ll be up to playing the kind of role Maloney will be looking for from his central midfielders. Plus it will free up space in the squad for new arrivals.

Aye, me too probably.
Did a job we needed last year, been a non event this year.

We didn’t go for Kerr mate, it was McCart but that was under Mathie & Co.
We 100% went for kerr

We 100% went for kerr
I think we did as well but I strongly suspect he had set his heart on going to England

I think we did as well but I strongly suspect he had set his heart on going to England
I think I read a report of him saying exactly that.

We 100% went for kerr

Did we? Or was it an enquiry, as went public over McCart, I would be going back in for Kerr, or maybe Maloney has someone else in mind 👍

I reckon we should offer a bumper deal to John Souttar.

I would (almost) literally laugh my bollocks off if he signed for us.

I reckon we should offer a bumper deal to John Souttar.

I would (almost) literally laugh my bollocks off if he signed for us.
and then he would get injured again :102:

and then he would get injured again :102:
And somehow just have signed a contract extension as luck would have it

This thread has been viewed 48722 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back