January 2022 Rumours

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £20.00

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Don't think clubs give a fuck where the money comes from as long as it's the right amount.

Not like its coming direct from the crown Prince either, surely not everyone in Saudi is a murderous *&*^? 🤷‍♂️

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Always the same in the build up, big part of the reason I don't see celtic actually being interested.

Although Saudi interest is more likely given the initial offer popping up
The Evening News has said there has been no offer or interest declared in Boyle despite what the rags continue reporting.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Reaction score
The Evening News has said there has been no offer or interest declared in Boyle despite what the rags continue reporting.

Hopefully the players know the red top papers talk shite most of the time and just laugh at it.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score

I dont doubt it, but didn't a Saudi team offer 500k before the window opened?
That was my initial offer in the comment.

cstkto

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Here is an odd one they talk of 1mil pay this would never be even on the table yet hibs need to accept an offer before player contracts are even discussed. Total total garbage reporting as per usual

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Here is an odd one they talk of 1mil pay this would never be even on the table yet hibs need to accept an offer before player contracts are even discussed. Total total garbage reporting as per usual

That's how it's supposed to be, but clubs will approach agents before approaching clubs to get an idea of interest and what they'd be after before even laying an offer on the table.

It is garbage though. Pretty sure

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I dont doubt it, but didn't a Saudi team offer 500k before the window opened?
That was my initial offer in the comment.
I believe that was the offer the EEN are referring to which never actually happened. It's sloppy journalism as we all know Boyles contract was revised and that clause no longer exists.
Exactly - clubs are not allowed to open dialogue with players/agents unless they are in their final 6 months or Hibs have accepted an offer and given permission to do so.

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Mackay away to killie on loan for rest of season. Probs a good deal, get him out playing games and confidence back up.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
Reaction score
Mackay away to killie on loan for rest of season. Probs a good deal, get him out playing games and confidence back up.
It's weird though how we put players out on loan to get games yet sign players that haven't played many!

Jack K

Just A Radge
Reaction score
It's weird though how we put players out on loan to get games yet sign players that haven't played many!
There a lot of truth in that.
However, McKay was a squad player before injury and the mass of recruits will make it all but impossible for him to get gametime in the second half of the season.
In the case of the new guys they are not coming back from injury so have that over the likes of McKay. The manager will also want to have a good look at them so the best way to do that is to have them at Hibs.

It will be interesting to see how many of the new guys can make an immediate impact.
For me Mueller and Clarke are the best bets.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
There a lot of truth in that.
However, McKay was a squad player before injury and the mass of recruits will make it all but impossible for him to get gametime in the second half of the season.
In the case of the new guys they are not coming back from injury so have that over the likes of McKay. The manager will also want to have a good look at them so the best way to do that is to have them at Hibs.

It will be interesting to see how many of the new guys can make an immediate impact.
For me Mueller and Clarke are the best bets.

Agree with you on this, but I'd add that given he's a out and out winger (on current evidence) there's not a lot of room for him to operate in other areas of the pitch seeing as we don't seem likely to line up with wingers.
Boyle, Murphy, Mueller and even Wright have the ability to play up front or as an attacking midfielder.

Can't see us switching from the 5212/3412 that Maloney has utilised so far.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
According to the EEN, there are no immediate plans to bring in another winger despite what reports were saying earlier in the week.

For me, everything depends on whether or not Boyle is sold.

AG1337

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
According to the EEN, there are no immediate plans to bring in another winger despite what reports were saying earlier in the week.

Maybe that means we don’t want to, or anticipate, selling Boyle this window?
I hope that is the case anyway.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score

I dont really see us playing with wingers tbh, I'd be surprised if we brought one in.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here