January 2022 Rumours

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £40.00

Jack K

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I think Findlay would be a good signing, we could do with some height and presence in that back three. He’s hardly played over there so I think he could be tempted back to Scotland.

McCart as I said elsewhere I’m not keen on, never been impressed when I’ve seen him play against us but if Hibs deem him a good option then fair enough. Maybe Maloney and co will be able to develop him.

Kerr has hardly kicked a ball since his move to Wigan, maybe they could be tempted to cut their loses and he could be tempted back up the road if Hibs are willing to “pony up”.
Given Porteous will almost certainly leave in the summer Hibs will have to pony up for a quality replacement of the likes of Kerr or Findlay. Strange that Findlay isn't playing much in Portland. I wanted Hibs to sign him from Kilmarnock.

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
Given Porteous will almost certainly leave in the summer Hibs will have to pony up for a quality replacement of the likes of Kerr or Findlay. Strange that Findlay isn't playing much in Portland. I wanted Hibs to sign him from Kilmarnock.

Aye it does seem like Porteous will leave sooner than later, so we’ll need a replacement. We’re also a centre half short IMO, especially if we’re going to be playing 3 at the back.

We were linked with Findlay when the MLS season finished but there’s not been much said since then. I think it’s Philadelphia Union he plays for?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
I think Findlay would be a good signing, we could do with some height and presence in that back three. He’s hardly played over there so I think he could be tempted back to Scotland.

McCart as I said elsewhere I’m not keen on, never been impressed when I’ve seen him play against us but if Hibs deem him a good option then fair enough. Maybe Maloney and co will be able to develop him.

Kerr has hardly kicked a ball since his move to Wigan, maybe they could be tempted to cut their loses and he could be tempted back up the road if Hibs are willing to “pony up”.

I think Findlay is linked with a couple sides back here already.
I reckon he leaves the US

Kerr I think would be doable as a loan in January, whether we can arrange a deal to buy after is worth a shot. Would be weird for any team to cut their losses within a year. So a loan would be worth the question imo.

Reactions: Zab

Jack K

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Aye it does seem like Porteous will leave sooner than later, so we’ll need a replacement. We’re also a centre half short IMO, especially if we’re going to be playing 3 at the back.

We were linked with Findlay when the MLS season finished but there’s not been much said since then. I think it’s Philadelphia Union he plays for?
Philadelphia Union is correct, don't know why I was jibbering about Portland :unsure::friendly: Auld age.

• Haha
Reactions: Zab

The Family

Capital Radge
Reaction score

Would be going for Kerr in January, it’s going to be an interesting window as I think we might see a few gems coming in.

Hattie

Donator
Reaction score
Would be going for Kerr in January, it’s going to be an interesting window as I think we might see a few gems coming in.
Did Kerr not knock us back last window? If so let him rot. Didn’t want to be here before, now hes not getting a game at new club i wouldn’t go back. I want players who want to be here

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Did Kerr not knock us back last window? If so let him rot. Didn’t want to be here before, now hes not getting a game at new club i wouldn’t go back. I want players who want to be here

Did we even offer? We went for McCart publicly.

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
I think Jason Kerr was only ever paper talk given that he is a Hibs fan and were supposedly looking for a central defender last summer. We possibly made an enquiry, but whatever he was clearly made a good offer to move down south.

We were definitely in for Jamie McCart but couldn't match St Johnstone's valuation.

Last edited:

The Family

Capital Radge
Reaction score

We didn’t go for Kerr mate, it was McCart but that was under Mathie & Co.

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
St Mirren and Ross County after Alex Gogic according to the Daily Record...

I’d let him go, doubt he’ll be up to playing the kind of role Maloney will be looking for from his central midfielders. Plus it will free up space in the squad for new arrivals.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
I’d let him go, doubt he’ll be up to playing the kind of role Maloney will be looking for from his central midfielders. Plus it will free up space in the squad for new arrivals.

Aye, me too probably.
Did a job we needed last year, been a non event this year.

The Family

Capital Radge
Reaction score
We 100% went for kerr

Did we? Or was it an enquiry, as went public over McCart, I would be going back in for Kerr, or maybe Maloney has someone else in mind 👍

Jack K

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I reckon we should offer a bumper deal to John Souttar.

I would (almost) literally laugh my bollocks off if he signed for us.
and then he would get injured again :102:

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here