January 2022 Rumours

SUPPORT THE SITE!
January Goal: £100.00
Donations so far: £20.00

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
Right radges, stick all your transfer rumours for the upcoming January transfer window here.

I’ll keep track of the confirmed deals here:

In:
Mueller
Tait (back from loan)
Melkersen
Henderson
Clarke
Bushiri

Out:
Wood
Gullan
Mackay - loan to Kilmarnock

Last edited:

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Reaction score
Nothing of new rumours but it can't be to far off. Excited to see who we get in and who goes.

Hattie

Donator
Reaction score
Can we keep folks thoughts on “who we should go for or he’s out of contract” etc it is a rumours thread

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
Can we keep folks thoughts on “who we should go for or he’s out of contract” etc it is a rumours thread

Aye 100% we can, discussion and and rumours.

I’ll just update the first post with the ones that actually happen.

Jack K

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Gullan, contract expires at the end of the season and hasn't made the match day squad for sometime including for both Maloney games.
Accordingly I suspect he has a team lined up for January.

FTJT

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I wouldn't be at all surprised if we're trying to tap up Man City for some EDS players, given Caldwell's last job. Not sure if we'd be in the running or if they're even looking to loan him out, but one name I'd be looking out for is Oscar Bobb - quick, tricky left winger, made a good start to his first season at U23 level. Feel like he'd fit the style Maloney seems to be targeting, and Murphy's probably not a starter at this point...

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
Wonder if Lawrence Shankland will be on our radar either in January or more likely next summer ?
Playing in the Belgian league now so Maloney will have seen him play recently as well.
Not totally proven at the top level in Scotland, I think he is a natural goalscorer though and he could be one for next year, especially if and when Nisbet goes.

C4MMY

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Wonder if we will be back in for McGrath, Aberdeen obviously being linked now as well

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
Wonder if we will be back in for McGrath, Aberdeen obviously being linked now as well

I kind of hope we don’t, no sure he’s all that good. I’m sure someone will point out his stats last season but that was last season, and stats don’t tell the whole story.

I would rather we didn’t target players from struggling teams. I’d rather we signed players used to winning, who can come in and cause our existing players to up their games.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score

Type of player that would do well here.
But im not sure it helps balance the squad, I'd maybe give him a miss tbh.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
I would rather we didn’t target players from struggling teams. I’d rather we signed players used to winning, who can come in and cause our existing players to up their games.

That's all relative though, surely? Players from Kelty Hearts or Arbroath are used to winning. I cant imagine they are better suited to moving to Hibs than the best player from St Mirren?

Reactions: Dub

stuart7-0

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I kind of hope we don’t, no sure he’s all that good. I’m sure someone will point out his stats last season but that was last season, and stats don’t tell the whole story.

Boy is a regular starter for ROI so reckon he is playing in a team way below where he should be. I’d definitely take him

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
That's all relative though, surely? Players from Kelty Hearts or Arbroath are used to winning. I cant imagine they are better suited to moving to Hibs than the best player from St Mirren?

St Mirren are in the Premiership, no interested in Kelty Hearts. They can’t buy a win, do we want players used to losing? I don’t.

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
Boy is a regular starter for ROI so reckon he is playing in a team way below where he should be. I’d definitely take him

International player doesn’t mean they’re a good player IMO

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a few new names in the transfer/signing mix.
SM may have contacts in many places.
Other than Perth and Paisley at least.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Reaction score
Not a rumour, but Shaun says he will be getting involved in the window

And anyone who wants to pursue options elsewhere will be supported to do that.

In other news, we're receiving 250k from UEFA along with everyone else who was in the league last season.
So no cash for those at Tynefritzl

Jack K

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Not a rumour, but Shaun says he will be getting involved in the window

And anyone who wants to pursue options elsewhere will be supported to do that.

In other news, we're receiving 250k from UEFA along with everyone else who was in the league last season.
So no cash for those at Tynefritzl
If we do nothing else in the January window we must sign a centre half. Daz has given his all but is now well done and Ryan will be sitting in the stand for the next 3 games so time is of the essence.
I don't think there are many folk think we should sign McCart now and Findlay is on £5k a week in Portland so won't want to come back for much less.
Any suggestions of alternative centre halves, including loans who are available, good enough and within Hibs budget?

Greenmachine

Aulder Than The Internet This Radge
Reaction score
Agree a central defender is a must.
Still think McCart might still be on our radar, although he has had a poor season so far in a team which has badly under performed. He is also left sided so would be competition for Hanlon rather than Porteous.

Reactions: Zab

Zab

Admin
Reaction score
If we do nothing else in the January window we must sign a centre half. Daz has given his all but is now well done and Ryan will be sitting in the stand for the next 3 games so time is of the essence.
I don't think there are many folk think we should sign McCart now and Findlay is on £5k a week in Portland so won't want to come back for much less.
Any suggestions of alternative centre halves, including loans who are available, good enough and within Hibs budget?

I think Findlay would be a good signing, we could do with some height and presence in that back three. He’s hardly played over there so I think he could be tempted back to Scotland.

McCart as I said elsewhere I’m not keen on, never been impressed when I’ve seen him play against us but if Hibs deem him a good option then fair enough. Maybe Maloney and co will be able to develop him.

Kerr has hardly kicked a ball since his move to Wigan, maybe they could be tempted to cut their loses and he could be tempted back up the road if Hibs are willing to “pony up”.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here