• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jamie Murphy

Over 450 first team club appearances.

I’m happy if that stops others using the “injury prone” reference when it’s not true.

Can someone post to the The Sheep fans forum as probably more relevant there now. Thanks x
Something not being “true” on a rumour forum.
Whatever next.....

Can you imagine the media if the likes of Hibs and dons insisted on these shoddy clauses if they were after our players? They would slaughter us, childish, amatuer, making the players suffer... etc etc. Fuckin hate the huns

Its not really a clause though is it? They're just trying to ship loans instead.
Which I don't really understand tbh, still costs them money in the long run as they're bound to be paying him a higher wage than the rest of the clubs can cover.
Especially since they signed him from Brighton, he's no gonna have dropped to peanuts.

I think a permanent move is more likely for him, but offering the loan, opens the ears of English clubs.

I don't remember him particularly well from when he was at Motherwell so watching that I can now see why he's in our sights. Some of his assists there are magic and good finishes as well

Edit: didn't notice but he officially signed 5 mins before I posted this reply ?

Last edited:
I don't remember him particularly well from when he was at Motherwell so watching that I can now see why he's in our sights. Some of his assists there are magic and good finishes as well

Edit: didn't notice but he officially signed 5 mins before I posted this reply ?

Nice goal against the Gunts there.
Pity we won't see him doing that to them this season.

The boy isnae injury prone and should be a good signing

How no? Semi?

Not for a while

No really, I would be happy if they stayed doon there for 10 years.

We'll still draw them in thr Cup every year ?

You're a bit younger than me though.
I’d be happy with 5.

Nah fcukit.
10 it is.

You're a bit younger than me though.
I’d be happy with 5.

Nah fcukit.
10 it is.

I raise you an 11

We'll still draw them in thr Cup every year ?
And hammer them :giggley:

I raise you an 11

No argument from me.
The longer the better. As Mrs Shrink often told me in a disappointed tone of voice.

I said this about mccrorie but can one anyone explain how a permanent transfer could be enforced on either side at the end of the season? He’s out of contract then.

I don't understand it either, another winger is surely very low priority at the moment? Need another CB for cover as well before any more forwards

Maybe another winger allows Boyle to be played through the centre more

I said this about mccrorie but can one anyone explain how a permanent transfer could be enforced on either side at the end of the season? He’s out of contract then.
I think they’ve basically signed a pre contract agreement,like they would normally in Jan.

Maybe another winger allows Boyle to be played through the centre more
That would make sense

That would make sense

Horgan leaving...

Reactions: Zab
Horgan leaving...
That makes more sense

Disappointing signing IMO.

The new Alan Gow.

The new Alan Gow.

The boy is quality he only just signed with us in a matter of hours and probably hasn’t been able to train with his team mates. Cannot judge him on that game.

The new Alan Gow.
Maybe better to judge when we have a balanced midfeild

The new Alan Gow.

On the basis of that cameo?
Or is he just shit altogether?

The new Alan Gow.
He will be one of our best signings imho.

He played 35 mins ?? give the laddie at least a fucking half ?

He played 35 mins ?? give the laddie at least a fucking half ?

And he hadn’t even met his teammates because they couldn’t train on Friday/Saturday.

Not really based on that performance, though it didn't help! Each to their own though, I would much rather be proved wrong.

I just don't know what the hype is about him, he's a player that's on a downward spiral from having a few good seasons 5 years ago at Sheffield United and has since had a pretty serious injury. Only thing he's done in the last two years is playing 10 games at Burton Albion in League One.

Might be wrong but it doesn't seem great.

Last edited:
Only thing he's done in the last two years is playing 10 games at Burton Albion in League One.

Might be wrong but it doesn't seem great.

Scoring 7 goals along the way.
Good return no matter how you look at it.
Its also the most recent thing he's done, before his injury he was a start for the getting involved in creating and scoring goals.

I think he will be one of our best signings this season.

Scoring 7 goals along the way.
Good return no matter how you look at it.
Its also the most recent thing he's done, before his injury he was a start for the getting involved in creating and scoring goals.

That's totally fair, just a different way of interpreting it. To me it looks that his best years are behind him and looking at him against Aberdeen he looked like he struggled to make any impact on the game.

That's totally fair, just a different way of interpreting it. To me it looks that his best years are behind him and looking at him against The Sheep he looked like he struggled to make any impact on the game.

Hardly fair to judge him on a second half cameo where the whole team was poor. Didn’t even have a chance to train with his new team mates because of the ridiculous Gogic Covid incident.

Hardly fair to judge him on a second half cameo where the whole team was poor. Didn’t even have a chance to train with his new team mates because of the ridiculous Gogic Covid incident.

Judgement isn't based on just that game. I've seen him play at Motherwell, Sheffield United, Brighton, Rangers and now Hibs. I'd have had the same opinion going into that game and nothing he showed made me change my mind - granted it was a very small amount of time.

I'll be happy to say I'm wrong if he turns it around but I don't have high hopes for him - I just think the writings on the wall here a little in the same way it was with Gow. A player we signed a few years too late.

Judgement isn't based on just that game. I've seen him play at Motherwell, Sheffield United, Brighton, Rangers and now Hibs. I'd have had the same opinion going into that game and nothing he showed made me change my mind - granted it was a very small amount of time.

I'll be happy to say I'm wrong if he turns it around but I don't have high hopes for him - I just think the writings on the wall here a little in the same way it was with Gow. A player we signed a few years too late.

Look at his stats from Burton last season, 10 games played 7 goals and 2 assists, judge him in time but for me he is a quality player.

Look at his stats from Burton last season, 10 games played 7 goals and 2 assists, judge him in time but for me he is a quality player.

Yeah it's fair, but then why weren't they back in for him again? Instead signing Hemmings from Dundee and a 37 year old journeyman striker.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he's a great signing.

Yeah it's fair, but then why weren't they back in for him again? Instead signing Hemmings from Dundee and a 37 year old journeyman striker.

Just speculating but League 1 and 2 teams have a wage cap now so maybe we’ve benefitted from being able to offer a higher wage.

Could be a multitude of reasons tbf.
Maybe he wanted to stay in Scotland?

Other posters beat me to it.

Yeah that's fair, I appreciate I'm being cynical about it and there's the positive spin you could take like that.

Time will tell!

This thread has been viewed 4374 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back