• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jamie McCart - St Johnstone

McCart looks slow is fuck going by tonight’s game, come on Hibs bring in Kerr and use the money we have saved for not bringing in the American early.

For purely selfish reason its good that Saints are out. I think we'll make a move for Kerr or McCart. Kerr is the player we need. Battler and a leader.

I'd take Kerr over McCart

I'd take Kerr too, earlier reports had him linked down south, I thought there would've been more noise by now tbh. Something for them to reject at the very least.

McCart looks slow is fuck going by tonight’s game, come on Hibs bring in Kerr and use the money we have saved for not bringing in the American early.
Oh Christ here comes the next boo boy. He was brilliant all last season, played every minute for St J and won two cups and you think he looks slow as fuck?
Think it through. Did you think he was slow as fuck when we played them?

Oh Christ here comes the next boo boy. He was brilliant all last season, played every minute for St J and won two cups and you think he looks slow as fuck?
Think it through. Did you think he was slow as fuck when we played them?
Between the two my preference would be Kerr, and my comments on McCart was about his performance tonight, I mentioned previously I didn’t know anything about him, but with Kerr you can see his leadership and you can see he would improve us.

McCart has been on the radar of a few English clubs as well.
I will be pleased if we sign him. He is a good player, and we need another left sided central defender

Between the two my preference would be Kerr, and my comments on McCart was about his performance tonight, I mentioned previously I didn’t know anything about him, but with Kerr you can see his leadership and you can see he would improve us.
You would have seen him five times last season, and playing on Boyle's side too. He is very obviously not slow.
We need cover at LCB more than RCB. We have no cover at all on Hanlon's side; at least we have Daz and McGinn to cover Porto's side.
I'd be very happy if we get McCart. Kerr's out of our price range anyway.

You would have seen him five times last season, and playing on Boyle's side too. He is very obviously not slow.
We need cover at LCB more than RCB. We have no cover at all on Hanlon's side; at least we have Daz and McGinn to cover Porto's side.
I'd be very happy if we get McCart. Kerr's out of our price range anyway.

How do you know Kerr is out of price range?

Doesn't mean anything though, St J could be the ones leaking stories to get offers from elsewhere.
He might've told them he wants to move on and they want more interest than Hibs.
Could be his agent
Best pal
Taxi driver

There's lots of factors and people involved in these things.
A lot of stating the obvious there and I'd say with respect a wee bit hypocrisy. If this was a club interested in one of our players we'd be looking at the club involved. Not his taxi driver or his best pal. I'm confident in what I've been told and that there's been a wee bit of Hibs letting it be known, through certain journalist's (Scott Burns and Moira Gordon), that they're trying hard in certain areas to recruit.

Sorry but I disagree. I hope that If this is the case, it is just another example of Hibernian ripping up the Queensberry Rules. Bare knuckle pugalism by Hibs is the way forward. I am all for Hibs, getting balls and being nasty, after years of bending over and taking it.

BIG G
Happy to agree but let's not greet when that lot along the M8 do what they do...

Because of the interest he's already attracted - he'll be 500k-plus or thereabouts.
And we ain't paying that unless we sell Porto.

How do you know Kerr is out of price range?
Exactly. Final year of his contract....

Because of the interest he's already attracted - he'll be 500k-plus or thereabouts.
Oops, wrong thread. Sorry.

I think Hibs would pay 500K for the right player.

So we moan when clubs don’t meet our valuations but also don’t pay other club’s valuation of their player?

I am sure a player plus cash could come into it.

So we moan when clubs don’t meet our valuations but also don’t pay other club’s valuation of their player?

It's a tough world out there. Let's no kid on that we are playing a gentlemens game of cricket.

BIG G

It's a tough world out there. Let's no kid on that we are playing a gentlemens game of cricket.

BIG G

True though isn’t it G?

A lot of stating the obvious there and I'd say with respect a wee bit hypocrisy. If this was a club interested in one of our players we'd be looking at the club involved. Not his taxi driver or his best pal. I'm confident in what I've been told and that there's been a wee bit of Hibs letting it be known, through certain journalist's (Scott Burns and Moira Gordon), that they're trying hard in certain areas to recruit.

But if it was our players, we'd be looking at Hunco or Celtic and by then more often than not, our player will go there over alternatives, so tryna palm them off to other clubs instead is less likely.
winning trophies, euro football etc.

However, you've gone from saying it seems to you, to confidently being told, and I'm up for accepting that to be the case.

I'm fine with it, we've grown used to it with the bigot clubs, so if we're gonna do it, then good.

Us stepping in and them stepping in are still 2 different levels though, they're far more capable of destabilising a player than we are, because there's a lot lot more money on offer across the M8. the difference between what us and St J can pay, and what all of us and either of the bigots can pay is a much larger gap.

Slightly different, albeit the same.

I disagree. It's important we're tough negotiators and get the best deal for the club. If we are there or thereabouts then yeah close the deal but we can't just give whatever they want. We've got a budget...
I agree, but make decent offers otherwise it makes us look like sevco or the soapies who have shafted Scottish clubs since 1888

We're looking for £2-3 million for Porto but are deluded enough to think Saints will part with Kerr (who is a far more accomplished player than Porteous) for a few hundred thousand!

We're looking for £2-3 million for Porto but are deluded enough to think Saints will part with Kerr (who is a far more accomplished player than Porteous) for a few hundred thousand!
Depends on the buyer though.

I think Hibs would pay 500K for the right player.
Plus add ons if they get sold later in time.

Both Saintees centre backs are a good age (24) and both are out of contract next Summer.

Depends on the buyer though.
Yep, also a Hibs player possibly carries a bit of a premium compared to St Johnstone players. Similar to how Celtc can command a premium for their players in comparison to ours. As an example I think Stuart Armstrong sold for £7M, compare that with what we got for SJM (a superior player playing in a similar position). Such is the food chain in Scottish fitba.

We as fans might be looking at £3m, but I doubt the club are.

Kerr and McCart’s value in this transfer window will be lower than Porteous’ anyway, and it’s nothing to do with ability. They are in the last year of their contract, the value of their contract will be lower than Porteous’ (wages, bonus, length remaining etc), they are two years older than Porteous, they have less under 21 caps combined than Porteous, neither has been in a senior Scotland squad, and £500K is an incredibly significant amount of money to St. Johnstone football club.

Is Kerr a far more accomplished player than Porteous? Is he even more accomplished?

If so, quite a few people who really should know better have been getting it wrong.

I just wonder if our over-familiarity with Porteous has bred some contempt for his abilities. He is 22, and yet has been the senior centre back at Hibs for some time, despite a couple of injuries hampering his game time. He has represented Scotland at various age levels, and has even impressed Steve Clarke enough to break into the fringes of the senior squad. His decision making has to improve, and there are times when needs to count to 10, but he looks a very accomplished young player to my eyes. He is a leader, he has pace, strength, a good touch, a crisp accurate pass (vital for centre-backs in the game today), abundant confidence and even carries a bit of a goal threat. Of course, until he adds consistency to his game and irons out those poor decision wrinkles it's all just potential. But what potential!

I would welcome Kerr at Hibs, but I would hate to see Porteous leaving.

Is Kerr a far more accomplished player than Porteous? Is he even more accomplished?

If so, quite a few people who really should know better have been getting it wrong.

I just wonder if our over-familiarity with Porteous has bred some contempt for his abilities. He is 22, and yet has been the senior centre back at Hibs for some time, despite a couple of injuries hampering his game time. He has represented Scotland at various age levels, and has even impressed Steve Clarke enough to break into the fringes of the senior squad. His decision making has to improve, and there are times when needs to count to 10, but he looks a very accomplished young player to my eyes. He is a leader, he has pace, strength, a good touch, a crisp accurate pass (vital for centre-backs in the game today), abundant confidence and even carries a bit of a goal threat. Of course, until he adds consistency to his game and irons out those poor decision wrinkles it's all just potential. But what potential!

Spot on.

aye, totally agree... but you also left one thing out..... HE'S ONE OF OUR OWN.

Porteous was superb at Dundee. Great goal. And fantastic pass for the penalty we won. Defensively excellent. However, for some they'd rather focus on the odd slack moment. I love his character. In the Huns faces takes character. He should be club captain.

Porteous was superb at Dundee. Great goal. And fantastic pass for the penalty we won. Defensively excellent. However, for some they'd rather focus on the odd slack moment. I love his character. In the Huns faces takes character. He should be club captain.
Yes.

The fact he has become Hun public enemy number one has made him a persona non grata in the eyes of the media.

I think people are buying into this "talentless thug" rhetoric spewed by intellectual titans like Kevin Kyle just because it's repeated ad nauseam.

Porto is a baller. Him and Hanlon aren't the problem, the fact there is nobody to come in for them when they do struggle is the issue. All players can go through a bad patch, not all players have to play every minute of every game regardless.

We as fans might be looking at £3m, but I doubt the club are.

Kerr and McCart’s value in this transfer window will be lower than Porteous’ anyway, and it’s nothing to do with ability. They are in the last year of their contract, the value of their contract will be lower than Porteous’ (wages, bonus, length remaining etc), they are two years older than Porteous, they have less under 21 caps combined than Porteous, neither has been in a senior Scotland squad, and £500K is an incredibly significant amount of money to St. Johnstone football club.
I'm not a huge fan of McCart and don't think he's much of an improvement on what we've got.
I wasn't aware Kerrs contract was entering its last year, You're right about that having a huge impact on his transfer fee. However I don't buy into a double cup winning captain being of less value than Porteous, who's recently been bumped from the international set up. At 24, Kerr has a good 10 years left in him playing at the top (providing he stays injury free).
£500,000 might well be a lot of dough to Saints but it's also a lot to us right now.

Reactions: Zab

How is he the senior centre back at Hibs ?
I'm not denying he's a good young player, because he is, I just don't think he's as good as Kerr. Not saying he'll never be but he's not right now. Certainly not from what I've seen from the limited times I've seen Kerr.
As for Kerr not being involved in the Scotland set up, I think Saints fans have a genuine reason to be pissed off that their players are overlooked by Steve Clarke (aye I know Zander Clarke has been picked this time)
Just to clarify, my original post was not a dig at Porteous.

Obviously, we had this discussion earlier in the summer.
I wasn't focusing on his mistakes, I was only pointing out he made more costly errors than Paul, who's continuously slaughtered by many. (Don't ask for proof 🤣)

I like Ryan, think he's got a good future ahead of him and he has, in fairness looked much more assured this season to date.
I reckon he watched the Euros and learned a thing or two. I've no doubt that if he keeps at it he'll go on and do more with himself, I think he could be well suited to English Premiership football. He's quickly becoming a footballing CB as well, very confident with the ball where 2 years ago he was a completely different player.
Hes growing as a player, definitely.

Pointing out his errors doesn't mean that's all I think he is.

Obviously, we had this discussion earlier in the summer.
I wasn't focusing on his mistakes, I was only pointing out he made more costly errors than Paul, who's continuously slaughtered by many. (Don't ask for proof 🤣)

I like Ryan, think he's got a good future ahead of him and he has, in fairness looked much more assured this season to date.
I reckon he watched the Euros and learned a thing or two. I've no doubt that if he keeps at it he'll go on and do more with himself, I think he could be well suited to English Premiership football. He's quickly becoming a footballing CB as well, very confident with the ball where 2 years ago he was a completely different player.
Hes growing as a player, definitely.

Pointing out his errors doesn't mean that's all I think he is.
It wasn't *entirely* a reference to yourself! More so at what I feel is unjustified criticism on social media in particular.

I'm not denying he's a good young player, because he is, I just don't think he's as good as Kerr. Not saying he'll never be but he's not right now. Certainly not from what I've seen from the limited times I've seen Kerr.
As for Kerr not being involved in the Scotland set up, I think Saints fans have a genuine reason to be pissed off that their players are overlooked by Steve Clarke (aye I know Zander Clarke has been picked this time)

Steve Clarke picks Motherwell players, so if someone from St. Johnstone was good enough he’d pick them IMO. Kerr not being in Scotland squad is somewhat telling, but not massively.

By the term senior I mean like Jones was, or Sauzee, or Bamba. He's the principal centre-back, the one who takes on the marking duties of the opposition's main or most threatening striker, the one who attacks the ball and takes charge of the situation.

I haven't seen much of Kerr either. When I have he's played well in a very stripped down, basic, clear your lines sort of way. He may have more to his game, but I've never seen him ping passes or carry the ball like Porteous. Hibs play the ball through the centre-backs all the time. Porteous is a vital part of the way Hibs play, making himself available for the ball from the keeper, centre-mids and full-backs, switching angles, acting as the pivot and starting attacks from the back. As far as I can see St Johnstone 9 times our of ten just go long, often through the keeper. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Clarke is looking for something more from his centre-backs.

Third bid for McCart rejected by St Johnstone according to the DR.

Hibs looking to stagger payments. St Johnstone want more up front.... Is this guy any good?

We will sign him IMO.

We will sign him IMO.
Yip it's almost done by the sounds of it.

This thread has been viewed 15853 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back