• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jamie McCart - St Johnstone

Papers saying we face competition for him to Notts Forrest, Sheffield weds, Sunderland and Barnsley.

Papers saying we face competition for him to Notts Forrest, Sheffield weds, Sunderland and Barnsley.
Do you not think Hammi, as I do that in all dealings that Hibs or any other teams are doing, the word Papers is interchangable with the word Agent.

BIG G

Do you not think Hammi, as I do that in all dealings that Hibs or any other teams are doing, the word Papers is interchangable with the word Agent.

BIG G

Aye, its all the same, the information has to get to the papers somehow.
Forces us to up the original offer and try to do business quicker.
Also gives others the impression he's open to talking to other clubs. Would add a few more quid onto his contract.

Reactions: Zab
Seemingly the same guy who reported Mckay before it was public, but i really dont know tbh. Just thought id post it 🤷‍♂️

Wasn’t doubting your source mate just asking if it was from a decent one 👍

Rumours he has had a medical and agreed terms with Hibs but a fee hasn't been agreed.
Not a fan of this transfer tactic.

Cannot see that happening, we wouldn’t put a player through all that without a fee being agreed, I am sure St Johnstone wouldn’t allow it either.

Pretty sure thats not even allowed 🤷‍♂️
Thats my thinking.
But I remember being disgusted that when celtc called Petrie about their interest in Brown the player was at parkhead when peteie got there

Rumours he has had a medical and agreed terms with Hibs but a fee hasn't been agreed.
Not believing that.

Not believing that.
In no way in the know but it's all over the St Johnstone pages.
Would be disgusted if true

It may not be the transfer fee that's the sticking point? It may be sell on percentage, appearances based money, games played money?
Could be any number of other things.

Sheffield Wednesday in for him apparently. That'll be that then....

they got relegated down to League 1 last season.

Not nessacellery … he might choose us … win another Cup medal then move onto pastures new and a bigger Club than Wednesday …… say Accrington Stanley

Not nessacellery … he might choose us … win another Cup medal then move onto pastures new and a bigger Club than Wednesday …… say Accrington Stanley
They will pay a lot more I'd imagine... Too many players think a quick move to England is good for their careers. Hibs could actually compile a compelling dosier that doing well at Hibs is a fantastic platform to quickly get to the higher echelons of English football...

They will pay a lot more I'd imagine... Too many players think a quick move to England is good for their careers. Hibs could actually compile a compelling dosier that doing well at Hibs is a fantastic platform to quickly get to the higher echelons of English football...
I’m pretty confident that’s exactly what we do, and knowing hibs we will use SJM as our prime example

I’m pretty confident that’s exactly what we do, and knowing hibs we will use SJM as our prime example

And so we should. You won't find a better example.

And so we should. You won't find a better example.
Aye exactly he is the perfect example and we should exploit that as much as possible. At least hibs seem to be looking I strengthen areas most of the support want strengthen, hopefully will linked with a striker soon.

Absolutely spot on bud. Very sad when you see promising young Scottish players who think the lower echelons of English football will lead then to the land of milk and honey, only for them to pinball around a few equally dull clubs before resurfacing 10 years later somewhere like Livingston.

I wonder if we are still working on this one?

I wonder if we are still working on this one?

I hope so but it’s gone pretty quiet eh.

I’m quite surprised St. Johnstone haven’t seen more departures already.

Pigs can't even pay the wages of the players they already have , have a points deduction already hanging over them for next season and are currently under a transfer embargo.

Apart from that, good move.....

Can we not just say, "come to Hibs, the club that just beat Arsenal" and he'll be in the door ;)?

Can we not just say, "come to Hibs, the club that just beat Arsenal" and he'll be in the door ;)?
Would that not just be a case of putting McCart before the horse ?

Would that not just be a case of putting McCart before the horse ?
Bet @hibbybilly is ragin you beat his too it

Bet @hibbybilly is ragin you beat his too it
I couldnae Kerr.

I hope so but it’s gone pretty quiet eh.

I’m quite surprised St. Johnstone haven’t seen more departures already.

Staying for the European games before deciding if they're leaving or not I think.
Doubt ant of them will be going to clubs in European competition unless they're coming here so there's no fear of being cup tied.
Plus St J won't be in any rush to sell, they've got money in the door this season.

They want half a million apparently. I'd say do it.

Aye. Much needed for us.

Not surprised they want that. I thought it would be more. I'd imagine that for that amount there's a workable deal we could put to them. I wonder if Drey Wright interests them....

They will be doing well to get half that amount IMO.
I think Hibs will be in for him, however if there is genuine English interest we will be up against it.

I agree. Pay the fee, sign him up on a 4 or 5 year deal, keep developing the lad, sell him for 5 times what we paid.

Hopefully the money from Mallan goes towards this, although I wasn’t sure if Barnsley were due anything of Mallan’s sell on fee.

Hopefully the money from Mallan goes towards this, although I wasn’t sure if Barnsley were due anything of Mallan’s sell on fee.

How did we sign him? Did we pay for him?
Can't imagine at less than 200k we're due them any profit. They probably just wanted him off the books, sell on clauses help smaller clubs who know their talent is worth more long term, I'd be surprised at anything like that in the deal.

The quoted numbers for Mallan are insignificant compared to last year's prize money and if we're honest, the transfer money we're expecting this season.
Granted Josh and Ryan have both came and said they're happy here and looking to improve, but thats also code for "pay what I'm worth"
Jacks also been very reluctant to issue any hands off statements, its all "right offer" chat.

We offered 200k while still being after other targets, I think we could safely double that and give incentives to push it through. I also think being the first club to go out and make a real offer carries weight when trying to sign someone.

How did we sign him? Did we pay for him?
Can't imagine at less than 200k we're due them any profit. They probably just wanted him off the books, sell on clauses help smaller clubs who know their talent is worth more long term, I'd be surprised at anything like that in the deal.

The quoted numbers for Mallan are insignificant compared to last year's prize money and if we're honest, the transfer money we're expecting this season.
Granted Josh and Ryan have both came and said they're happy here and looking to improve, but thats also code for "pay what I'm worth"
Jacks also been very reluctant to issue any hands off statements, its all "right offer" chat.

We offered 200k while still being after other targets, I think we could safely double that and give incentives to push it through. I also think being the first club to go out and make a real offer carries weight when trying to sign someone.

Seemingly at the time I recall £250k was being quoted we paid to Barnsley, I just couldn’t remember anything being mentioned about a % of the fee going to them 👍

Supposedly back in for McCart

Supposedly back in for McCart

Should hope so.
Guessing we've been in talks for a while and now we'll have an idea of what's actually acceptable.

This will happen quickly when it does...

Should hope so.
Guessing we've been in talks for a while and now we'll have an idea of what's actually acceptable.

This will happen quickly when it does...
Preferably before he's cup-tied in Europe.

Preferably before he's cup-tied in Europe.
Don’t think you’re cup tied by playing in qualifier matches

That's what I thought. Only cup tied on the 2 legs but not on next round till group stages.

Offering them options on a player plus cash as @Hami mentioned earlier.

Presumably cup-tied for other qualifiers? ie if he plays against Galatasaray he couldn't play in our playoff round, if we get here?

This thread has been viewed 15960 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
ÂŁ100.00
Earned
ÂŁ47.50