Jamie McCart - St Johnstone

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
I agree, but there's different ways of getting to that point.
Tactically they're not that great, to beat us, they knew they just had to hold out until we presented them with a chance and they took it.
But putting that effort and work into practice is ultimately down to the player, Neil Lennon for all his faults had his teams up for the occasion and I feel alot of that was down to his own personality. It rubbed off on those that wanted to embrace it.
Put him in front of a bunch of players that don't believe in his heart, and you wind up with last years Celtic team.

Looking at our own team, Jack is a lot more subdued, and I think that shows in the big games.
Alot was said about Paul downplaying the Derby "it's just another game" that's the attitude I'm assuming Jack was trying to put across, we should've been good enough to beat them, but he thought the occasion would ruin the calm, he got it wrong. Cup final i feel that too, I got the impression it was a "play your own game and you'll succeed" type chat
When what we needed was some fire and passion.

This rambled a bit
I hope it makes sense, and I hope we've learned from our mistakes in those big games.
A big game is a big game, no point trying to calm or play it down imo.
Passion is a strong tool.
The bottom line is that he won both cups in the same season (anyone doing that here would be an utter legend) People would remember that rather than whether he was a master tactician . He managed to beat every team they were drawn against

Hattie

Donator
Won two cups in one season with a team outwith the old firm that attracts crowds under 7000 , he must have something
Yeah clearly, its kinda industrial football though, too many teams like that, yet folk wonder why we are a backward football nation

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Yeah clearly, its kinda industrial football though, too many teams like that, yet folk wonder why we are a backward football nation
Are there really so many clubs around Europe at our kind of level that are much different though ??
I personally dont think so

sockyboy

Just A Radge
Hibs looking to stagger payments. St Johnstone want more up front.... Is this guy any good?
I genuinely don't think McCart is an improvement on anything we have. He'd provide decent competition for places and is young enough to improve but what I've seen of him, he's not any better than Porteous or Hanlon.

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
I genuinely don't think McCart is an improvement on anything we have. He'd provide decent competition for places and is young enough to improve but what I've seen of him, he's not any better than Porteous or Hanlon.

The idea is to bring in competition, which will improve everyone.
How many established first team defenders are kicking about that are better than Paul and Ryan within our budget?

sockyboy

Just A Radge
A hard working squad that fought for every ball and gave their everything throughout.

His achievements shouldn't be undervalued though, first season as a manager and winning both cups really is a great achievement, at our expense or not.
Also shows the potential Scottish football has to be wide open. Take the Smellies and sevco out the equation and any
The idea is to bring in competition, which will improve everyone.
How many established first team defenders are kicking about that are better than Paul and Ryan within our budget?
Someone asked if he was any good, I gave my opinion, he wasn't any better than Porteous or Paul and added he'd give competition for places. What's your point?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Also shows the potential Scottish football has to be wide open. Take the Smellies and sevco out the equation and any
Someone asked if he was any good, I gave my opinion, he wasn't any better than Porteous or Paul and added he'd give competition for places. What's your point?

My point is the question at the end.
Who, within our budget would walk into the team ahead of either of our 2 established starting CB's?

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
But (unless you know something I don't), it appears he's not within our budget

I think he is, but St J don't want that money.
If there's championship clubs floating, then they'll want to see what they have to offer. That's their right.

I do think we can go higher than 250k though, I think we still might unless we've got someone else lined up instead.

I feel like we'll end up revisiting the situation in January tbh

sockyboy

Just A Radge
I think he is, but St J don't want that money.
If there's championship clubs floating, then they'll want to see what they have to offer. That's their right.

I do think we can go higher than 250k though, I think we still might unless we've got someone else lined up instead.

I feel like we'll end up revisiting the situation in January tbh
Agreed

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
McCart deal is dead according to the EEN and we've moved on to other targets. Obviously Boro lad expected to be announced on loan shortly but pretty inexperienced.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
McCart deal is dead according to the EEN and we've moved on to other targets. Obviously Boro lad expected to be announced on loan shortly but pretty inexperienced.
I think Hibs put their interest in McCart public so other clubs wid go for him and all the time we are trying tae sign another defender. Interest in McCart from a few English clubs show that the ruse is working. :hah::lookaround:

Hattie

Donator
Are there really so many clubs around Europe at our kind of level that are much different though ??
I personally dont think so
You notice it when we play teams in europe or national games, they nearly all pass and move better, more intelligent and technical, whereas we still rely on blood and thunder mostly

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here