• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

James Scott

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting the Hull player on loan according to the DR

Hearts, Dundee UTD, St J and St Mirren have been after him a while.

Get lotsa news pop ups from "not the old firm" seen him pop up a few times.
Don't know much about him, but hopefully we've got a permanent forward lined up as well, I could accept this lad coming in as an emergency job with Doidge being out, but not being our plan originally.

Googled, same article mentions the possibility of another move for Jamie McLaren ffs

We can do better!

He's a very good striker...would be good to get him on loan.

He's a very good striker...would be good to get him on loan.

Hull only signed Scott from Motherwell last summer. But after 34 appearances and just four goals last season, Hull are set to part ways with the 20-year-old. Admittedly, he has suffered with injuries since arriving for a fee of £1 million last year, which has seen his progress take a hit.

Injuries comment worries me.

Hull only signed Scott from Motherwell last summer. But after 34 appearances and just four goals last season, Hull are set to part ways with the 20-year-old. Admittedly, he has suffered with injuries since arriving for a fee of £1 million last year, which has seen his progress take a hit.

Injuries comment worries me.

He can’t have had that many injuries if he managed 34 appearances last season? Don’t know much about the lad or his track record, but remember him being highly rated at Motherwell.

If it’s a loan deal (maybe with an option to make permanent) and we’re still going to sign another striker, I think it would be a good move.

He can’t have had that many injuries if he managed 34 appearances last season? Don’t know much about the lad or his track record, but remember him being highly rated at Motherwell.

If it’s a loan deal (maybe with an option to make permanent) and we’re still going to sign another striker, I think it would be a good move.

Hull played 57 games last season, being available for 34 of them isn't too bad.

As long as Aberdeen aren't in the running we might stand a chance.

Still a young player with alot to prove.

It would just be our luck to put all our eggs in one basket and the lad gets the same injury, if he comes then and stays fit brilliant.

Reactions: Zab
Googled, same article mentions the possibility of another move for Jamie McLaren ffs

We can do better!
53 goals in 58 games I can't see why Melbourne City would want to loan him out but if they did I'd take him at Hibs.

53 goals in 58 games I can't see why Melbourne City would want to loan him out but if they did I'd take him at Hibs.

Tbf I said that based on his last stint, just didn't seem like he wanted to be here.

Good record there though, had a good record there before as well.
Easier league, warmer weather, suits him.

Reactions: Zab
Tbf I said that based on his last stint, just didn't seem like he wanted to be here.

Good record there though, had a good record there before as well.
Easier league, warmer weather, suits him.

I don't think his relationship was good with Lenny towards the end? I'm not so sure he bought into his injuries...

I don't think his relationship was good with Lenny towards the end? I'm not so sure he bought into his injuries...
Or maybe Jamie didn’t buy into his manager’s management ability.
Who the fuck is “Lenny” anyway.

Or maybe Jamie didn’t buy into his manager’s management ability.
Indeed.

Lenny was overall a very good Hibs manager.

Indeed.

Lenny was overall a very good Hibs manager.
“Lenny” was/is a Smelly.
Neil Lennon was decent for Hibs for a while.
He’ll never be “Lenny” in a Hibs context for me.

I think you're right. Watched an interview a while back with Jamie and he mentioned how frustrated Lennon was getting with injuries which was ridiculous at the time the number of key players out.

“Lenny” was/is a Smelly.
Neil Lennon was decent for Hibs for a while.
He’ll never be “Lenny” in a Hibs context for me.
I've no doubt he's a smelly. He's not one of us. Very few Hibs managers are. However, for the majority of his time he did tremendous for us. Particularly once promoted. "Lenny" or Neil Lennon it makes no difference to me. I am not a huge fan of his personally but acknowledge and respect how he installed for a period a good mentality at the club. The guy is called much worse daily thanks to ignorance and prejudices. I find it weird how a section of our support don't want to acknowledge how overall he was good for us and we good for him. He's certainly not in the Colin Calderwood or Terry Butcher category...

988885613.0.x.2-3.jpg

BIG G

Attachments

• 2EBC4D75-1B4B-42F5-85BE-375F37867190.jpeg
    2EBC4D75-1B4B-42F5-85BE-375F37867190.jpeg
    22 KB · Views: 13

Looking at his record, doesn’t score goals.

He can’t be the Doidge replacement. Worrying if the club think he is.

Sadly not filling me with excitement

His goalscoring stats for a forward are not at all impressive.... 👀

He's a very good player, always impressed me any time I seen him play for Motherwell.

He's a big lad at 6" 2 but I don't see him as a Doidge replacement.
He usually played wide for Motherwell, not through the middle.

My biggest concern though isn't his ability, it's his injury history.

His goalscoring stats for a forward are not at all impressive.... 👀
He's only 20. Made his breakthrough at 18/19, attracted a big money move, then got injured. How many goals do you expect him to have racked up?
Very good player from what I remember of him for Well v us.

Give the laddie a chance, he’s only 20 years auld.

He's only 20. Made his breakthrough at 18/19, attracted a big money move, then got injured. How many goals do you expect him to have racked up?
Very good player from what I remember of him for Well v us.
Screenshot_20210820_092308.jpg

They can be misleading. I was a tad underwhelmed on first glance too, but given his age, his injury and the league he was playing in I'd be amazed if most of his appearances for Hull weren't as a sub.

The stat that stuck out for me was he scored 6 for Motherwell when he was 17/18 in the 19/20 season. That is promising because he only played half of that season.

Kamberi had very poor looking stats on Wikipedia when we signed him on loan too.

They can be misleading. I was a tad underwhelmed on first glance too, but given his age, his injury and the league he was playing in I'd be amazed if most of his appearances for Hull weren't as a sub.

The stat that stuck out for me was he scored 6 for Motherwell when he was 17/18 in the 19/20 season. That is promising because he only played half of that season.

Kamberi had very poor looking stats on Wikipedia when we signed him on loan too.

Stat’s only ever tell half the story.

As usual, I have absolutely no memory of him at Motherwell so no preconceived notions about the guy at all.
Hope he’s decent.

Bet a quid that after initial doubts we end up next April or so trying to figure out if there's an option to make him permanent.

Bet a quid that after initial doubts we end up next April or so trying to figure out if there's an option to make him permanent.

And not being able to because we didn’t include any option in the loan deal…

I think the reason why folk like me are concerned about his stats is because we need a goalscoring forward. At the moment we have just Nisbet as a forward that's a "striker". I'd say with his arrival that it's inevitable that Drey Wright is to be emptied.

I'd like to see us bring someone in with some kind of record.
I dont mind if they're from a lower league, the goals are in the same place regardless of league.

I'm all for giving this lad a chance, but he's back up, we need someone capable of challenging Nisbet for the starting spot.
Players play better when there's genuine competition for their role.

In Jack I trust, I don't think he has made many bad signings.

Added to that when squirrel first signed for us other than his stint at Montrose (nearly 3 years) his stats weren't brilliant, but look at what we think of him now.

In Jack I trust, I don't think he has made many bad signings.

Added to that when squirrel first signed for us other than his stint at Montrose (nearly 3 years) his stats weren't brilliant, but look at what we think of him now.
Exactly, gi the laddie a fuckin chance tae show what he can do.

According to Edinburgh Live,in Edinburgh now to sign.

Exactly, gi the laddie a fuckin chance tae show what he can do.
Don't think anyone isn't!

This thread has been viewed 8959 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back