James Scott

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
I remember them both. Hibs sold him to Newcastle United in 1967. I think he may have played for the Magpies in a friendly against Hibs.
Check out his weekly wage at Newcastle, presumably an increase on what he was getting at Hibs !!!

View attachment 5641

BIG G
45 quid was a decent wage back then. Plus the bonuses on top I suppose it could've doubled depending on the system used.

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
If these rumours are true about Nisbet we are going to find it tough for "striker" options.

The Family

Capital Radge
You say lone striker, I say a front three. When did Nisbet ever play as a lone striker?

Last week against Killie, I know what you are saying though, but Boyle was on one wing and Murphy on the other with Nissy up top on his own 👍

Last edited:

Zab

Admin
Three seasons we have gone with two MAIN forwards and inadequate replacements in Gullan and Shaw. We need three!

We’re basically playing with one central striker, trying to find a third choice striker who’s good enough to play when called upon but won’t even make the match day squads when Nisbet and Doidge are fit is pretty difficult. Seems like James Scott is the third, he’s got between now and January to show he’s good enough to keep Doidge out of the team and challenge Nisbet for a start IMO.

The Family

Capital Radge
We’re basically playing with one central striker, trying to find a third choice striker who’s good enough to play when called upon but won’t even make the match day squads when Nisbet and Doidge are fit is pretty difficult. Seems like James Scott is the third, he’s got between now and January to show he’s good enough to keep Doidge out of the team and challenge Nisbet for a start IMO.

James Scott isn’t a striker though mate.

Zab

Admin
He played alongside Boyle and Murphy, no? Dropped deep, interchanged too?

The front three is pretty fluid now, the players don’t stick to their starting positions. In a one off game we might get away with Boyle or Mackay through the middle, or even give Gullan a chance, but it’s not ideal.

SuperTortolano

Legendary Radge

Last season I think we looked far more of a threat when Nisbet and Doidge played as a two up top. This season it seems JR has changed things around in terms of formation. I'm not entirely convinced it will work through out the season. Against Motherwell Doidge coming on and playing with a front two changed the game. Time will tell what formation works better, but personally like playing with two out and out forwards.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here