James Scott

SUPPORT THE SITE!
October Goal: £70.00
Donations so far: £45.00

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
In Jack I trust, I don't think he has made many bad signings.

Added to that when squirrel first signed for us other than his stint at Montrose (nearly 3 years) his stats weren't brilliant, but look at what we think of him now.

I agree, but, Martin was signed as a winger and not as a replacement for an injured goalscorer.
I get that he's young and has injury troubles limiting his chances down south, but we need goals, or someone with evidence that they know how to score them.

I'd still like 1 more forward.

WestStandNomad

New radge
I live in Hull these days and go watching them a fair bit. Have to say he's done absolutely nothing down here, and all my City-supporting mates have been a bit baffled by what's going on with him and why he's not had much of a run. He did have some injury issues when he first arrived, but has never had much of a run of starts. Hull are chronically short of forwards as well, and are under a transfer embargo so can't even bring in a replacement, so perhaps says all you need to know about what they think of him that they're happy for him to go out.

Spanish-hibs

New radge
He's a very good player, always impressed me any time I seen him play for Motherwell.

He's a big lad at 6" 2 but I don't see him as a Doidge replacement.
He usually played wide for Motherwell, not through the middle.

My biggest concern though isn't his ability, it's his injury history.
If the lad turns out to be half as good as the sixty’s Jim Scott I will be well pleased. His brother Alex was a winger for us too. We may have got him from Everton.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
I live in Hull these days and go watching them a fair bit. Have to say he's done absolutely nothing down here, and all my City-supporting mates have been a bit baffled by what's going on with him and why he's not had much of a run. He did have some injury issues when he first arrived, but has never had much of a run of starts. Hull are chronically short of forwards as well, and are under a transfer embargo so can't even bring in a replacement, so perhaps says all you need to know about what they think of him that they're happy for him to go out.
It is a worry that he has never gone into double digits and a achieved a respectable Colin Nish season but he is young. Maybe needs a run of games, just look at Magennis this season. A different player.

MSG_07

Well-Known Radge
He's a very good player, always impressed me any time I seen him play for Motherwell.

He's a big lad at 6" 2 but I don't see him as a Doidge replacement.
He usually played wide for Motherwell, not through the middle.

My biggest concern though isn't his ability, it's his injury history.
I think he will be the Doidge replacement. We do ideally need one more striker but that will be seen as Gullan or MacKay if push comes to shove. Both lack quality though.

Gareth

Well-Known Radge
I seem to be in the minority who is intrigued (almost excited) about this. I thought he looked really dangerous with Motherwell, enough to make Hull splash a bit of cash. I can think of loads of good strikers who haven't settled after a big move, especially when so young so I'm not bothered by that. So long as he stays fit and manages a run of games I think this could be really interesting and I can see how he compliments what we have. That said, I also think we need another number 9.

Zab

Admin
I seem to be in the minority who is intrigued (almost excited) about this. I thought he looked really dangerous with Motherwell, enough to make Hull splash a bit of cash. I can think of loads of good strikers who haven't settled after a big move, especially when so young so I'm not bothered by that. So long as he stays fit and manages a run of games I think this could be really interesting and I can see how he compliments what we have. That said, I also think we need another number 9.

I am intrigued too. He fits the mould of the type of player Hibernian have done well with in recent times - young, with point to prove. For example Scott Allan and Fraser Fyvie didn’t get much of a look in when they went down south, but were excellent for us as they had a manager who gave them confidence and they got a regular run of games.

If the lad turns out to be half as good as the sixty’s Jim Scott I will be well pleased. His brother Alex was a winger for us too. We may have got him from Everton.

I remember them both. Hibs sold him to Newcastle United in 1967. I think he may have played for the Magpies in a friendly against Hibs.
Check out his weekly wage at Newcastle, presumably an increase on what he was getting at Hibs !!!

0_NUFC-legend-Jim-Scotts-old-contract.jpg

BIG G

Robert Barone

Well-Known Radge
I remember thinking he looked a player with potential... skillful player at Motherwell when he came thru. Must confess I had totally forgotten about him tho. His goalscoring record is pretty poor when looking at the bare figures. Hopefully a return home to Scotland and a good set up here with us will see him settle and start scoring more regularly.

Im also slightly worried about the reported injuries.

Reactions: Zab
Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here