• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jackson Irvine

Old north enclosure

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I’d like to see us get him on a longer deal now ! at the moment we’re just putting him in the shop window,getting him fit,for another admirer to pinch him,get it done Jack ASAP

I’d like to see us get him on a longer deal now ! at the moment we’re just putting him in the shop window,getting him fit,for another admirer to pinch him,get it done Jack ASAP
The decision lies with Jack as you say.
But his full name is Jackson.
Cant make him accept a contract.

How no? Threaten him wi cuttin off his ponytail and half his mouser. He’ll soon sign. :deal:

How no? Threaten him wi cuttin off his ponytail and half his mouser. He’ll soon sign. :deal:
Shrink in the negotiating seat?

He looks a really good player , I am sure the management are in discussions with the board at hibs about what can be done . Let’s hope his injury yesterday nothing too bad .

Didn't realise he was as good with through balls when signing him. Seeing improvement each game with him. I'm not sure if he'd be open to signing a 2/3 year deal with Hibs. Clinching Europe may play a part.

Think our best bet is convincing him to sign for 2 and stay for 1.

Getting Europe will be our best selling point.
I doubt anything happens with him until the summer.

Wonder how many sheep players and scouts whispered in his ear during the match yesterday?

Nobody knows what deal he signed,hopefully Hibs were clever enough to have an extension in the terms

Wonder how many sheep players and scouts whispered in his ear during the match yesterday?
Maybes even tongues ?

This is a shop window for Irvine.
Short term deal suited both parties initially when he finally accepted that the better offers he expected last summer weren’t arriving.

Every game he plays for us he moves further out of reach. No harm trying mind.....

If Scottish cup isn’t completed then 3rd place becomes massive

“Due to the Europa League group stage spot reserved for the Europa Conference League title holder being vacant in 2021–22, it is expected that the Scottish Cup winners will enter the Europa League play-off round instead, thus guaranteeing at least a Europa Conference League group stage berth if the play-off tie was lost”

Is the managers name no Jack ???????

Don't want another Agathe scenario if there's scope there to get a deal done I hope they are pursuing it.

Don't want another Agathe scenario if there's scope there to get a deal done I hope they are pursuing it.
I’m sure they are but as Col pointed out it’s pretty much up to Jackson (and his agent). I think Hibs probably already offered a decent deal but let’s face it if he continues to play like he has then the uglies will be sniffing around and will offer more than we can.

Aussie players do not require a work visa to play in Asia as Australia is in that section for WC qualifiers
For that reason they can earn huge money in Japan , Korea or China .
Suspected that’s where Irvine would have gone after Hull didn’t renew his contract
However looks like he’s really enjoying it at Hibs so possibly he might stay as unlike many of his Aussie team mates he’s getting a guaranteed game every week so his focus may be on next World Cup and he’ll have to be playing to be selected

Last edited:
'Can't'.

In the unrealistic world of footballers his agent will be telling him that signing up with Hibs just now is a bad idea, wait till the summer. He could double or even triple what we can pay him elsewhere.

In the real world where there's a pandemic running amok around the globe its difficult to tell what's happening next week never mind next season!

Big/wee Ron said it was our ambition to double our wages spending and the Jackson Irvines of this world will be the caliber of players we'll be looking for.

I'm still not sure in my mind if the global crisis will affect players wages or clubs incomes so that we can afford JI now or will we still have to wait a few years for Ron's vision to become a reality.

Internet Football Law #564 : all players regardless of anything can, and will, earn 2, 3 or 10 times their current salary, as soon as they leave Hibernian FC

Internet Football Law #564 : all players regardless of anything can, and will, earn 2, 3 or 10 times their current salary, as soon as they leave Hibernian FC

Fact. End of.

To be fair JI was probably earning that before he came to Hibs and will be looking to reestablish himself at that level as soon as he can.

On transfermarkt he has a value of around £2m, his Hull colleagues averaged about the same. The average value of our squad is about a quarter of that.

To be fair JI was probably earning that before he came to Hibs and will be looking to reestablish himself at that level as soon as he can.

On transfermarkt he has a value of around £2m, his Hull colleagues averaged about the same. The average value of our squad is about a quarter of that.
ach man, ue ken the point im making....

anyhoo, hes making far more at Hibernian than what he was making a month ago!

If Hull is his level then wages shouldn't be a huge issue considering League one in England has a wage cap now.

Went over to Keechback just now to have a sneaky peak and saw a thread by Wattie Buchan saying get Irvine signed.I was like WTF! seems he made a typo and they've got some *&*^ called Irving they're rather keen on.

*&*^ .
'as in make him accept a contract' ?

*&*^ .
'as in make him accept a contract' ?
No. As in do a grammar police job to nip someone's heid.

Think our best bet is convincing him to sign for 2 and stay for 1.

Getting Europe will be our best selling point.
I doubt anything happens with him until the summer.

He knows how good he is. Would love to sign him for longer but I think he's put himself in the window. If we get a good six months out him and grab 3rd place I'll be delighted.

He knows how good he is. Would love to sign him for longer but I think he's put himself in the window. If we get a good six months out him and grab 3rd place I'll be delighted.

Me too tbf, thats what he came in to do and we obviously agreed to it at the time.
Short term benefits to all parties.

If Hull is his level then wages shouldn't be a huge issue considering League one in England has a wage cap now.
Trust you to open your big gob :9:

Its like the curse of the commentator!

Trust you to open your big gob :9:

Its like the curse of the commentator!

Oopsie, that's that theory gubbed then

BIG G

BIG G
I'm being picky here but it sounds like football player media bingo.

“Football is funny:xyes:, how things can turn for you:xyes:. I'm just so grateful:xyes: to be back at a great club:xyes:, competing at the top end of the table:xyes:, looking to win trophies:xyes: and get into Europe:xyes:.

“It was frustrating:xyes: and difficult:xyes: for me but in the grand scheme of things:xyes: people are facing a lot worse:xyes: situations than not being able to find a football club.

I wonder just how grateful he is to Hibs? Grateful enough to sign a deal? Nah probably not that grateful.

The only folk that will end up frustrated will be us, the supporters.

I'm being picky here but it sounds like football player media bingo.

“Football is funny:xyes:, how things can turn for you:xyes:. I'm just so grateful:xyes: to be back at a great club:xyes:, competing at the top end of the table:xyes:, looking to win trophies:xyes: and get into Europe:xyes:.

“It was frustrating:xyes: and difficult:xyes: for me but in the grand scheme of things:xyes: people are facing a lot worse:xyes: situations than not being able to find a football club.

I wonder just how grateful he is to Hibs? Grateful enough to sign a deal? Nah probably not that grateful.

The only folk that will end up frustrated will be us, the supporters.

I honestly don't mind if he does the job and leaves at seasons end.
Presumably that was the initial plan and we'll have prepared for such a situation.

Him staying on would be a bonus.
But I'll no be frustrated at third place. Unless we get to second and chuck it against St Mirren or Dundee United... whichever occupies 6th at that time.

I honestly don't mind if he does the job and leaves at seasons end.
Presumably that was the initial plan and we'll have prepared for such a situation.

Him staying on would be a bonus.
But I'll no be frustrated at third place. Unless we get to second and chuck it against St Mirren or Dundee United... whichever occupies 6th at that time.

Aye same for me. Players come and go, nature of the game... I don’t blame the players at all for seeking the best opportunity for them and their family.

I hope Jackson Irvine does the business for the remainder of the season and we get third. If he signs a new contract to stay for longer, even better.

If Newell doesn’t stay then give those funds into keeping Irvine.

This thread has been viewed 5664 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back