Jack Ross

Admin
For a minute there I thought I’d come in my pants. Sadly it wasn’t that after all.

Ye did, I turned you round, sat you in your car and telt your satnav to take you home. Mind I telt ye about no going out after Hibs dinnae get beat.

Uncy

Well-Known Radge
Of course, the other side of the coin is don't sack him now, wait until he leads us to a really honking series of results, ruins the morale of squad and fans, then sack him.

Calderwood, Butcher, Heckinbottom.....

Sir Shrink

Retired Radge
Of course, the other side of the coin is don't sack him now, wait until he leads us to a really honking series of results, ruins the morale of squad and fans, then sack him.

Calderwood, Butcher, Heckinbottom.....
Or until he wins us a cup. Like Stubbsy who failed to get promotion.
Do you want him gone then?

Davy

get off yer bum an sing radge
I am not so convinced we will even finish 4th unless we bring in a couple of quality players. Creative midfielder who knows the other teams goalposts are at the other end of ours..and a strong striker who can brush off defensive tackles...and maybe a defender with these qualities. If we don't, I can see Livi storming past us, that is 9 wins out of 9 for their new boss.incredible record at any level

Smurf

Auld Enuff Tae Know Better This Radge
I definitely don't want him sacked.

The glass is definitely half full. It's not half empty.

I do think though that he needs to get us to the final (particularly after the last semi debacle). And he needs to finish 4th minimum.

He needs to do business this window. And if it necessitates selling an asset so be it. We need reinforcements and better than we have.

Unless we have a horrendous 2021 he's in the job all of this year. This time next year if Corona Gets TF, then we will have another competitor for third place. It's essential we are a serious challenger this season and next for third.

PS, "Fortune Favours The Brave". Just a thought Jack.

Uncy

Well-Known Radge
Or until he wins us a cup. Like Stubbsy who failed to get promotion.
Do you want him gone then?

Not sure tbh. I think Covid will keep him in his job for another season ( it would be a tough sell marketing 2021/22 ST's if crowds were actually at ER watching which wouldn't please Ron ) and I merely point out the other side of the argument.

Did you expect promotion any sooner than what was delivered by Stubbsy and what have you seen that makes you confident there are two big game wins in this set- up right now?

Last edited:

Zab

Admin
To be honest I’m finding all football boring right now. The lack of crowds and atmosphere really does have an impact on what happens on the pitch.

I’d normally watch plenty games on a weekly basis, but right now I can only bring myself to watch Hibs.

So the boring, flat football isn’t a problem unique to Hibs. I do think Jack Ross has work to do, mainly in finding a proper balance to our midfield which would give us a proper style of play, something I don’t think we have.

Two Headed Boy

Well-Known Radge
the boring, flat football isn’t a problem unique to Hibs. I do think Jack Ross has work to do, mainly in finding a proper balance to our midfield which would give us a proper style of play, something I don’t think we have.

I agree that most football has been dull this season, but my biggest irritation with this team is the amount of seemly promising attacks that fizzle out to nothing.

I can't really put my finger on what is causing it with us, but our forwards do seem to be too deep at times. There was a counter attack before Celtic's goal last night where Gogic was the furthest up the pitch. Maybe a crowd would spur that extra yard out our attackers but I can't shake the feeling it's how they are told to play.

Like yourself I can only bring myself to watch Hibs games and highlights shows at the minute, but the lack of atmosphere doesn't seem to stop other teams from finishing their attacks properly...

Zab

Admin
I agree that most football has been dull this season, but my biggest irritation with this team is the amount of seemly promising attacks that fizzle out to nothing.

I can't really put my finger on what is causing it with us, but our forwards do seem to be too deep at times. There was a counter attack before Celtic's goal last night where Gogic was the furthest up the pitch. Maybe a crowd would spur that extra yard out our attackers but I can't shake the feeling it's how they are told to play.

Like yourself I can only bring myself to watch Hibs games and highlights shows at the minute, but the lack of atmosphere doesn't seem to stop other teams from finishing their attacks properly...

I get what you’re saying, but I can’t imagine strikers are told to not get in the box. To me it seems more of a case other players not being told to get forward enough, too many seem to hold their positions. We really do have a lack of bodies in the box, both attacking and defensively. That suggests to me the midfield balance is wrong, and there’s a real lack of energy there.

Bothycat

New radge
Delighted with a point. Sums up Jack Ross. The Celtic team is one they would have put out under normal times against the likes of a Maltese team in Europe for the second leg at home with a 5 nil lead. 13 players out and no Head coach or assistant present. Even bet 365 had it right 15/2 at the off for Hibs to score and win. We were guaranteed to crap it. He's just the same as the same as. Brings nothing new to the table.

tayside hibee

Well-Known Radge
I read somewhere, ( might have been here, might be a lot of Tom kite) that 8 of the smelly squad last night were in the recent cup final final squad.
Hardly on their bare bones.
We were also without 2 of our most influential players. And we played Wright to even it up!!!

Weehibbydrew

Mussel-bound Radge
I read somewhere, ( might have been here, might be a lot of Tom kite) that 8 of the smelly squad last night were in the recent cup final final squad.
Hardly on their bare bones.
We were also without 2 of our most influential players. And we played Wright to even it up!!!
Pretty sure it was 9 of the starters took part in the Cup Final.

Reactions: Zab

Hattie

Donator
To be honest I’m finding all football boring right now. The lack of crowds and atmosphere really does have an impact on what happens on the pitch.

I’d normally watch plenty games on a weekly basis, but right now I can only bring myself to watch Hibs.

So the boring, flat football isn’t a problem unique to Hibs. I do think Jack Ross has work to do, mainly in finding a proper balance to our midfield which would give us a proper style of play, something I don’t think we have.
I am that sick of football totally these days tbh.... didnt even watch Hibs game last night. I have a ST but jarred of with it all...

Reactions: Zab

tricky

Legendary Radge
Delighted with a point. Sums up Jack Ross. The Celtic team is one they would have put out under normal times against the likes of a Maltese team in Europe for the second leg at home with a 5 nil lead. 13 players out and no Head coach or assistant present. Even bet 365 had it right 15/2 at the off for Hibs to score and win. We were guaranteed to crap it. He's just the same as the same as. Brings nothing new to the table.

Did he say he was delighted with a point?

Missed the interview

Bal74

New radge
Not the most exciting watch, lack of fire in the belly to go and fight for a result against OF and Aberdeen, late and dubious tactical changes, in danger of starting to slip down the table towards Livi etc - all entirely fair criticisms and we undoubtedly can and should be doing better.

However, whilst there's certainly room for improvement I think any talk of changing manager is massively premature. We are in a much better position than when he arrived, recruitment over the summer wasn't perfect but I'd say we saw a net improvement and we are still 4th (no better or worse than we ought to be with our budget) and through to a semi.

I don't want to settle for mediocrity but I would not swap JR for Heckingbottom, Calderwood, Butcher, Fenlon or the car-crash second half of Lennon's reign, swapping manager is a major gamble, not a guaranteed upgrade. It's also worth bearing in mind we were only just above the gunts at the bottom of the table when we both began the search for new managers last year, as they've shown a repeat of the 13/14 collapse wasn't totally inconceivable at that point.

So a bit more fight definitely needed and for the love of god he needs to find a system that doesn't involve Drey Wright starting every game but I'm very wary of what I wish for, things could be a lot worse.