• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Jack Ross must stay....

For all the fine words.....can someone explain to me why St. Johnstone, financially minnows compared to Hibs, with their squad and a so called lesser manager, considering both teams positions in the League, that they fucking totally fucking own us. Replays on the back of a sick note.

BIG G
think some bouncers are G.... they keep mentioning the Hibernian management:gigglle:

For all the fine words.....can someone explain to me why St. Johnstone, financially minnows compared to Hibs, with their squad and a so called lesser manager, considering both teams positions in the League, that they fucking totally fucking own us. Replays on the back of a sick note.

BIG G
? Replays or replies? Totally agree about St.Fucking Johnstone !

We've been pumped out the cups off of smaller teams than St Johnstone.

Very true. We lost a semi final to a championship side for starters.

In years gone by we’ve lost finals to Livingston and Ross County.... sadly it’s nothing new.

Very true. We lost a semi final to a championship side for starters.

In years gone by we’ve lost finals to Livingston and Ross County.... sadly it’s nothing new.

Everyone seems to forget Stubbs' team in 16, were on course for a treble, lost to Ross County in the final, lost the league, didn't even get promoted.
Cup final made up for a 3rd consecutive failure of a season.

Has everyone forgotten St johnstone pumped the Huns out the cup? Sevco are by far the best team in the league but Saints beat them!
Rather than this "we're too good to get beat by St johnstone" and "Jack Ross is a fanny cos we got beat by St johnstone", how about a bit fucking respect for a side who are obviously a good team and capable of punching way above their weight.
Keep the faith, we're by far a better team than we were when JR took over.

We're a bit like Man U: did better than we thought in the league without a great style of play, and we lost in a big cup final to a team that were, on paper, underdogs.

Can we spend a few hundred million next season to do better :102: :sm113:

Pumped twice in 4 four months at Hampden. We didn't appear let alone lay a glove.

Pumped twice in 4 four months at Hampden. We didn't appear let alone lay a glove.

I've never said otherwise.
But the end of the world reactions over defeats to them when we've been pumped out in earlier rounds off of much lower opposition without a meltdown, is a bit much imo

Everyone seems to forget Stubbs' team in 16, were on course for a treble, lost to Ross County in the final, lost the league, didn't even get promoted.
Cup final made up for a 3rd consecutive failure of a season.

2nd season under Stubbs was it not?

2nd season under Stubbs was it not?

Aye, you're right.
Cause we were there for 3, I said 3rd.

Still though, we lost in cup competitions to Falkirk and Dundee Utd and failed in promotion in his first season. League romped by Hearts.

In his second season, we lost a final to Ross County and failed in promotion. We did win the big one, and he did give us our best weekend in literally everyone's living memory.

Aye, the football was better, but we failed our league objectives both times.
Cup wins are a bonus, always. You never start the season focusing on cup success, it's always about league success first.

To me, for the ones calling for his head, the issue is the football we play. Which is bad when it's bad, but we've played some pretty good football at times and statistically, goals scored, conceded, games won, shots taken etc. Are all positive.
It's not been as bad as is being made out to be.

Aye, the football was better, but we failed our league objectives both times.
Cup wins are a bonus, always. You never start the season focusing on cup success, it's always about league success first.

would place a cup win for Hibs above league placing assuming not winning the league or challenging

would place a cup win for Hibs above league placing assuming not winning the league or challenging
Scottish Cup, not League Cup. We need European football if we are to grow.

That isn't what I'm saying though.
But if we're finishing 8th and winning a Scottish cup, we're doing fuckin shite.

If we're 3rd and getting to semis and finals, we're obviously doing something right.

But the end of the world reactions over defeats to them when we've been pumped out in earlier rounds off of much lower opposition without a meltdo
But the end of the world reactions over defeats to them when we've been pumped out in earlier rounds off of much lower opposition without a meltdown, is a bit much imo

Day we accept performances like last Saturday we may as well forget thinking we're a top Scottish club.

Day we accept performances like last Saturday we may as well forget thinking we're a top Scottish club.

Also got to get over it and move on. We didn't turn up.
On the other thread, I mentioned chasing celtic instead of looking down. You said there's no chance.
You're accepting that we're not a top Scottish club, we're second string.

Loads trying tae justify the Hibs getting horsed by St Johnstone in cup semis and finals.

Fuck sake! If the Hibs support wernae upset wi that shit, theres something well wrong!

...and just because we got horsed in finals years ago from ross county or livingston dusnae somehow justify that shite show.

some radges deciding for others how much they are allowed tae vent their angers and frustrations, and for how long, well gies peace!

Far too much shite acceptance from some!

Fuck the hearts

In the LC semi we were well on top until Murphy's double sitter miss, St Johnstone scored in practically their first attack shortly before halftime and the second half was totally abismal. The final, while I agree we never got into the game, I wonder how much of a difference it would have made if Irvine had scored with a relatively simple chance at 0-0.

Also got to get over it and move on. We didn't turn up.
On the other thread, I mentioned chasing celtic instead of looking down. You said there's no chance.
You're accepting that we're not a top Scottish club, we're second string.

We're a top club out with they two that are on a completely different financial level.

Aye, the football was better
We had some great performances under Stubbs but also plenty of endless passing sideways and backwards while struggling to break down teams who sat in against us. I doubt that's what Stubbs will be remembered for though. Equally people go on about Jack Ross and his eyebleeding style but no way has the team been like that for every minute of every game. I've found large parts of some games genuinely entertaining. I would say though something lacking has been the ability to turn things around when it has been going badly for us, in the final you just knew after a few minutes it was one of those days when we were crap and not going to get any better. I haven't checked the exact stats but over the season it felt like we almost never lost if we scored first, and almost never won if we conceded first.

In the LC semi we were well on top until Murphy's double sitter miss, St Johnstone scored in practically their first attack shortly before halftime and the second half was totally abismal. The final, while I agree we never got into the game, I wonder how much of a difference it would have made if Irvine had scored with a relatively simple chance at 0-0.

We were well beat.

Reactions: Zab

I hope we don’t accept it, but we have to move on. Best way to do that is to ship out the players who aren’t strong enough mentally to thrive when the pressure is on (it should be clear to those in charge who that is), and bring in some players who are.

I hope we don’t accept it, but we have to move on. Best way to do that is to ship out the players who aren’t strong enough mentally to thrive when the pressure is on (it should be clear to those in charge who that is), and bring in some players who are.

I totally agree. I'm over last Saturday but hope to see departures from that team and new arrivals over the summer.

If we accept last week we will make no progress, yes we have to move on but we also need players with a winning mental attitude like you say. We currently have players who can turn it on now and again however if we want to win things we must have a much better attitude than we had last week. That starts with leaders on the park that we sadly lack.

If we accept last week we will make no progress, yes we have to move on but we also need players with a winning mental attitude like you say. We currently have players who can turn it on now and again however if we want to win things we must have a much better attitude than we had last week. That starts with leaders on the park that we sadly lack.
Don't think anyone has accepted last week but the issue is on the money Hibs are sustainably able to pay doesn't buy consistency.

Don't think anyone has accepted last week but the issue is on the money Hibs are sustainably able to pay doesn't buy consistency.

True, but it can buy leaders.

This thread has been viewed 4424 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back